Shaders cache is outdated or disabled after 3.3.1 patch

"
3.3.1 also contains a variety of bug fixes and small changes, including a performance improvement of around 5-10% that mostly helps DirectX 9 users or players with slow graphics cards.

For the some reason my client starts to recompile a lot of shaders, i see 67 calls to d3dcompille and this is only from a few visited locations!
ShaderCache is outdated or use of built-in cache is disabled by mistake?

In case if you are wondering, boss room in the Burial Chambers map causes 12 shaders to recompile. Just in time! *sarcasm*

Everything works fine and smooth before 3.3.1 patch is rolls out.
Fix your improvements please, GGG, it is unplayable in some scenarios..
Last bumped on May 19, 2019, 1:58:46 PM
Make sure your DX is up to date, and don'r worry about your shader cache, you can literally go into the folder and delete it all and it'll just make new ones without a problem.

(though what you could be seeing is the effect of some of the bug fixes, like, Fixed a bug introduced in 3.3.0c which slightly altered the colour of the Apocalypse Cloak.)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Make sure your DX is up to date, and don'r worry about your shader cache, you can literally go into the folder and delete it all and it'll just make new ones without a problem.

(though what you could be seeing is the effect of some of the bug fixes, like, Fixed a bug introduced in 3.3.0c which slightly altered the colour of the Apocalypse Cloak.)

Looks like you didnt understand the problem i have.

Before 3.3.1 patch game uses internal cached shaders and do not compile them in real time - this is expensive operation and may seriously hurt the performance (until the process is done), especially for cpu-bound players.

After 3.3.1 engine starts to compile every single effects "on-call", even if it is one-shot process and after its done this shader configuration will not be compiled again (file cache on the disk) it is still lags your game for a quite while.

For example, after i enter boss room in the burial chambers map, game starts to compile 12 shaders in a row, my fps drops to a single digits.. single-digit fps while boss explodes corpses below your feets. FeelsBadMan.

DX date is unrelated to this issue because the problem is not in DX itself, the problem in broken cache that game have (shitton of precompiled files in Content.ggpk)

Clearing the ShadersCache folder has no sense, problem is not in file system or shaders that already cached to the fs.

The problem is simple - game should NOT compile every single configuration of its shaders IF she have built-in, pre-compiled data - cache. Cache that works like a charm just a day ago.
Last edited by bSun0000 on Jul 3, 2018, 9:06:57 AM
this needs to be upvoted or fixed or whatever because my friend and me cant play poe since this change everything is loaded ON THE FLY and created huge lags when starting a map or spawning a new monster type and what ever..

ps: we also enjoyed the league and the performance improvements in abyss and stuff but now MID-LEAGUE POE BROKE D:
Last edited by evilch3n on Jul 5, 2018, 4:25:22 PM
I have that same problem.
I have the same problem. Please let us know when this could be fixed. The game is unplayable in hardcore right now for me. Burial chambers boss room drops to single digit FPS.

My comp is
I7 920
6gb ram
Radeon 7770 GPU
Windows 8.1
250GB SSD

My settings are

Direct Ex 9
Multithreaded Off
Full Screen
Vsync Off
Post Processing Off
ScreenShake Off
Shadow Off
AA Off
Texture Quality Medium
Texture Filtering Trilinear

Here is how I reproduce the issue. Go into Alira's room. Find massive FPS drop. I can "fix" this by turning on Multithreaded. The FPS drop is alot less. But I don't think this is a long term solution since I play on computers that have alot less processing power.
Last edited by hacp on Jul 7, 2018, 7:24:57 PM
Same issue. Please fix
Just asking, I have a lot of crashes since somewhere start of this league (probably a week in or so), either because of PoE patch or Windows 10 upgrade to build 1803.

I can also see that a LOT of textures are loading REALLY slow (most of the time I can see this when starting up the game, coming to town or hideout and open my inventory/char screen ... then a lot of textures/sprites (e.g. items etc.) only show numbers but no icon/graphic. Only half or 1 second in everything is loaded.

Does this anything have to do with shader compiling or is this a completely different issue?

(I can really sort out that this is a hardware issue on my side, prime95 and furmark are running fine, no other games make problems of that sort and the hardware is pretty up-2-date including a M.2 SSD from Samsung for my OS/PoE)
"
Does this anything have to do with shader compiling or is this a completely different issue?

we will never know until ggg gives a proper response
"
evilch3n wrote:
"

we will never know until ggg gives a proper response

Probably they will never respond. I don't know the reason why this forum section "Technical support" even exists..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info