[3.3] Theros's Budget MoM/Acro Ele Hit Trapper - Uber Elder Down!

"
joshato wrote:
But the jewels are forcing you into fire regardless...

I dont understand :[

Elemental hit has 3 possible elements it can choose from. If you check the wording closely though (or use path of building to see that it works), you'll see that all three elements are *always there*, and all elemental hit does is prevent two element types from doing damage.

What this means is you can *convert* the cold and lightning damage there into fire, and when you roll fire, you get the full benefit of the cold and lightning still. This can be a bit difficult to understand at first so I'll just give a quick example:

Let's say ele hit does 10 fire, 10 cold, and 10 lightning damage.

- You roll fire, then hit for 10 fire damage.

Now, you use avatar of fire.

This converts 50% of your cold and lightning to fire, making ele hit now do 20 fire, 5 cold, and 5 lightning damage.

- You roll fire, and hit for 20 damage.

Throw on pyre.

This adds 40% more cold to fire conversion, making ele hit now do 24 fire, 1 cold, and 5 lightning damage.

- You roll fire, and hit for 24 damage.

Throw on call of the brotherhood.

This adds 40% lightning to cold conversion, after which the existing 90% cold to fire conversion applies, making ele hit now do 27.1 fire, 1.9 cold, and 1 lightning damage.

- You roll fire, and hit for 27.1 damage.

As you can see, converting 90% of our lightning and cold into fire results in massive damage because we now have access to that damage that was previously being set to 0.
Last edited by bobly81 on Jun 30, 2018, 11:24:10 PM
thanks for the guide, but like people said gameplay videos would be nice, not just as proof of uber elder which im sure you did, but also to help people decide whether the build suit their playstyle
Thanks for the guide, really fun to play. Pretty straight forward to level as well.
Just reached maps and I feel really strong with the 2x 6L setups you recommended.
Can't wait to try my hand at some bosses soon.
Shaper video's up.
Do you have a leveling skill tree? For a path that will be best with minimum regrets?
"
TeeTay wrote:
Do you have a leveling skill tree? For a path that will be best with minimum regrets?

Given the nature of the build, not really. The closest I managed was with the trees in the Leveling section, but even those will require some regrets/quest respect points since most of this build's points are in areas that you'd need Merc lab to get to otherwise.

Levelling seems harder. Do you mind looking at my tabula if I got so do something wrong? Bosses takes awhile to kill in campaign.
"
TeeTay wrote:

Levelling seems harder. Do you mind looking at my tabula if I got so do something wrong? Bosses takes awhile to kill in campaign.

Assuming you're going through the campaign with a Roth's Reach like I recommended, you should drop the Chain support for a Charged Traps support - Roth's inherent chain should take care of your pack-clearing needs. Keep Chain leveling in your offhand (or somewhere else on your gear) so that you can swap back to it once you get Chin Sol, though.

If you're not, you'll want a different singletarget setup somewhere else to handle bosses - Deerstalker with Ele Hit/Cluster Traps/Elemental Damage with Attacks/Charged Traps socketed in it would probably do a decent job of handling most campaign and early map bosses.
Last edited by TherosPherae on Jul 6, 2018, 10:43:56 PM
Been playing this build for a few days and I'm very pleased. Leveling was a true breeze, very easy and super high damage when following your detailed write up. Worked absolutely wonderful for me. Bossing is so easy even while leveling, especially with traps.

End game has been really great as well, this build is able to clear pretty much every map mod so it allows for the "alch and go" play style that is very carefree. Gearing is pretty easy as well as you can get your 2nd quasi six link on the gloves which is much cheaper than a 6L Chin Sol.

I have to say here that this is my very first time dealing with maps higher than the mid/high yellows but I found it very easy to go there. When I got to red maps I was chiseling alching and vaaling and just running the most rippy mods possible. With some deaths here and there (I believe I'm under 25 deaths so far) I was able to clear everything I did so far easily.

I killed all guardians for the first time, Shaper for the first time in two tries (together with a friend who had also never killed Shaper and who lacked single target dps), Chayula, Xoph, (Uber) Atziri, Yellow and Red Elder.. Bosses I've never even done myself before were very easy to do with this build.

I personally think the trap variant plays much nicer than the bow variant which my friend is playing as it is not susceptible to reflect. It is a little bit slower though but I personally don't have to race around the map at 300km/h.

I think this build could be a great league starter and would like to thank you for sharing it!
1. Can a 6-link EH trap do all content alone?
2. Do I really need a 2nd set of links for single target?
3. Why Ascendant over Saboteur?
Last edited by xDeicidium on Jul 10, 2018, 12:39:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info