Evolution, Christian Darwin's Theory, Now Proven Wrong

"
Templar_G wrote:

You are willing to believe you are related to baboons and fleas and ticks.

Yes.

All life is related.

"
Just because some Christian came up with a theory that has since been proven false by fossil science.

No, aside from you being wrong about the "proven false" part - because to put Humans above all other animals, as separate from all life on earth, as divinely inspired, this is hubris.

So Christians are successful? Oh dear not compared to the mosquito, for one.

Mosquitoes are small, midge-like flies that constitute the family Culicidae. Females of most species are ectoparasites, whose tube-like mouthparts (called a proboscis) pierce the hosts' skin to consume blood. The word "mosquito" (formed by mosca and diminutive -ito)[2] is Spanish for "little fly".[3] Thousands of species feed on the blood of various kinds of hosts, mainly vertebrates, including mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and even some kinds of fish. Some mosquitoes also attack invertebrates, mainly other arthropods. Though the loss of blood is seldom of any importance to the victim, the saliva of the mosquito often causes an irritating rash that can be a serious nuisance. Much more serious though, are the roles of many species of mosquitoes as vectors of diseases. In passing from host to host, some transmit extremely harmful infections such as malaria, yellow fever, Chikungunya, West Nile virus, dengue fever, filariasis, Zika virus and other arboviruses, rendering it the deadliest animal family in the world...

The oldest known mosquito with an anatomy similar to modern species was found in 79-million-year-old Canadian amber from the Cretaceous.[7] An older sister species with more primitive features was found in Burmese amber that is 90 to 100 million years old.[8] Two mosquito fossils have been found that show very little morphological change in modern mosquitoes against their counterpart from 46 million years ago.[9] These fossils are also the oldest ever found to have blood preserved within their abdomens.[10][11] Despite no fossils being found earlier than the Cretaceous, recent studies suggest that the earliest divergence of mosquitoes between the lineages leading to Anophelinae and Culicinae occurred 226 million years ago.[12]

--

Christianity is 2,000 odd years old and has killed less people.

Psh.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 29, 2018, 12:15:55 PM
Not really any point in arguing with Templar, Erdelyii. I'm not actually convinced he knows English. Some of the stuff that comes out of his keyboard feels like someone rearranging words after a monkey pounded a keyboard with very strong autocorrect for an hour. Even if he does understand the language, he's certainly not willing to converse.

But yeah. I'm...never quite sure why Dan Brown has managed to make it so big as an author. Maybe the same force of degenerate pseudo-literacy that propelled Stephenie Meyer to such overwhelming-yet-shameful success? Never did much research on the Knights Templar, but I will admit - devout warrior-sage potheads is a pretty fantastic combination. SWORD OF JUSTICE, BONG OF TRUTH.
"
1453R wrote:
Not really any point in arguing with Templar, Erdelyii. I'm not actually convinced he knows English. Some of the stuff that comes out of his keyboard feels like someone rearranging words after a monkey pounded a keyboard with very strong autocorrect for an hour. Even if he does understand the language, he's certainly not willing to converse.

But yeah. I'm...never quite sure why Dan Brown has managed to make it so big as an author. Maybe the same force of degenerate pseudo-literacy that propelled Stephenie Meyer to such overwhelming-yet-shameful success? Never did much research on the Knights Templar, but I will admit - devout warrior-sage potheads is a pretty fantastic combination. SWORD OF JUSTICE, BONG OF TRUTH.

LoL sword of justice bong of truth...

sounds like my D&D Group lol
I dont see any any key!
I mean...it kinda sounds like everybody's D&D group at least a little bit, doesn't it?
"
Templar_G wrote:
Evolution, Christian Darwin's Theory, Now Proven Wrong

You proved it to be wrong? I dont understand.

Either way i find it fascinating to see those threads popping up here from time to time.
Few seem to get that those threads initially are not opened for any scientific or fact-based debate. Every scientific source you might be able to show can just be regarded fraud and mainstream.

I am just interested what really is behind that. What are the reasons and thoughts of individuals like the OP (even if trolling)?

I just watched the movie "Merchants of Doubt"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3675568/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Interesting documentary. This one person said that the most eminent anti global warming activists (prior Cold war defense system scientists) in reality were Ideologists, afraid of governmental interference (carbon taxes) leading to "Communism" in the US.
Last edited by Im2sl0w on Jun 29, 2018, 6:57:17 PM
"
1453R wrote:

Thanks for the concern, 1453R. I can see it might have looked like I needed a pillow inserted between my head and the brick wall there!

Arguing implies that Straight Edge Templar G has an argument.

Really, any excuse to post comparative anatomy (Scrotie's mutations are really something, too) and ramble - I do like this Templar track.

"
1453R wrote:

"
k1rage wrote:
LoL sword of justice bong of truth...

sounds like my D&D Group lol

"
1453R wrote:
I mean...it kinda sounds like everybody's D&D group at least a little bit, doesn't it?

XD Making me laugh aloud here.

High Templar, indeed.

Imagine ^ in something like this:

"This rabbit hole looks regular at first, but it’s actually an entrance to The Caynton Caves, a 700-year-old underground hideout. Just like the one Alice took, it leads to a magical wonderland, invisible to the average passer-by.

Located in Shropshire, England, this ancient space belonged to The Knights Templar, a feared Catholic military order that built its power and wealth by fighting in the Crusades."

There's some more images and a bit of a story here.

"
Im2sl0w wrote:

I am just interested what really is behind that. What are the reasons and thoughts of individuals like the OP (even if trolling)?

I just watched the movie "Merchants of Doubt"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3675568/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Interesting documentary. This one person said that the most eminent anti global warming activists (prior Cold war defense system scientists) in reality were Ideologists, afraid of governmental interference (carbon taxes) leading to "Communism" in the US.

Maybe Templar_G will answer you. Stranger things have happened.

Not surprising that the documentary is a thing.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 29, 2018, 10:59:21 PM
It's a strawman to call the Knights Templar "Christians," or at least it is to refer to their top leaders by such terms. Worshiping Baphomet and even attempting to follow the Ten Commandments are mutually exclusive. So it's more accurate to say the (inner circle of the) Knights Templar were a devil-worshipping cult that had inserted itself secretly into the larger Christian political structure in order to position itself in proximity to power, to further their own worldly machinations.

Of course, Baphomet is (at least) as false a god as any other, and the ceremonies of the Knights Templar granted them no profane power. Perhaps a little bit of mundane power from social networking and the potential for (mutual) blackmail, but the point is, black magick is impotent.

But I digress.

The really part about the usual suspects attacking Christianity in this thread is: WikiLeaks emails show the Democratic Party of 2016 was having precisely the same problem as the Church of Templar's time. Crowley's brand of occultism isn't quite the same as Baphometic ritualism, but it's the same ballpark. It's just that today the disguise used to embed in power structures is mostly secular (with a tiny dash of Christianity to keep certain Democrat demographics happy).

So don't be too hard on the Knights Templar, my mainstream atheist friends. You were diligently trying to vote their spiritual inheritors into office not two years ago.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It's a strawman to call the Knights Templar "Christians,"

The cave article called them "Catholic military order" and throughout I don't think anyone here has been calling the Templars "Christians" in the sense you mean.

Obviously they deviated.

"
The really part about the usual suspects attacking Christianity in this thread is: WikiLeaks emails show the Democratic Party of 2016 was having precisely the same problem as the Church of Templar's time. Crowley's brand of occultism isn't quite the same as Baphometic ritualism, but it's the same ballpark. It's just that today the disguise used to embed in power structures is mostly secular (with a tiny dash of Christianity to keep certain Democrat demographics happy).

So don't be too hard on the Knights Templar, my mainstream atheist friends. You were diligently trying to vote their spiritual inheritors into office not two years ago.

Who are you talking to, specifically here? And, Crowley? heh

"
As I discuss extensively in my new (and now bestselling!) book John Dee and the Empire of Angels, which is about the (hidden) influence of the occult on the last 500 years of Western history, Aleister Crowley was raised in an English extremist religious group called the Exclusive Brethren, lead by a preacher named John Nelson Darby. Darby is the person that invented the concept of the "Rapture," the idea that people will be literally teleported into heaven during the Second Coming. He made a huge mark on history by claiming that the book of Revelation was literally real, and definitely not, you know, just a metaphor—and even that human beings had to help God's plan by bringing about the end of the world so that Jesus would come back sooner.

The British, not being particularly impressed by anything this sincere, let alone religious literalism, didn't take to Darby's ideas. Aleister Crowley sure did, however, because he spent the rest of his life rebelling against his early cult brainwashing by trying to create his own, "Satanic" version of Darby's teachings. While Darby declared that a new "aion" was coming, meaning the Second Coming of Christ, the adult Crowley declared himself the prophet of his own "New Aeon," one that was to be focused on enacting the reign of the Antichrist (meaning Crowley himself, of course), rather than Christ. Somewhere in the back of Crowley's mind, he probably believed that he was just helping Jesus' plan along by playing the bad guy in the story.

Another group that took Darby's ideas quite seriously was, well, American evangelicals. The idea that the Apocalypse is not only literal, and just around the corner, but that Christians actually have to help it happen—what I call Turbo-Christianity—circulated throughout the American religious right during the early part of the century, until it became the dominant religious form in America. You can tell because the Left Behind books—the most read books in America—are directly based on Darby's ideas; and because 1 in 3 Americans now believe that we live in the Apocalypse and that Jesus is coming back in our lifetime (according to a 2006 Pew Forum study). You can also tell because Ronald Reagan took this idea so seriously that he regularly told his aides that he was shepherding the world through the end times, and that his role was to overcome Russia (which he likened to "Gog and Magog" from the apocalyptic Book of Daniel) in preparation for the Second Coming.

George Bush, Jr.—Barbara's son, of course—believed this too, infamously telling the French President Jacques Chirac that he saw "Gog and Magog at work" in the Middle East when trying to enlist his support for the War on Terror, which (as you can imagine, Jacques being French and all), didn't go over particularly well. You can also see this dispensationalist theology clearly guiding the hand of Mike Pence, and now John Bolton, who also played a starring role in the invasion of Iraq, and is now working to level Syria (which is also a fulfillment of pre-apocalyptic Biblical prophecy, by the way, from Isaiah 17:1). This is all because evangelical Christians believe that Islam has to be removed from the Holy Land in preparation for Jesus coming back, more or less—and the fact that the evangelical Republicans have been quite regularly trying to force that to happen at the tip of a nuclear warhead should be a lot scarier to you than whatever weird heroin fetish rituals Crowley got up to in his basement.

But the kicker, of course, is that both of these things come from the same place—Crowley's satanic occultism, and the Republican right's thermonuclear Middle East interventionism.

So in that case, even if Barbara Bush wasn't literally Crowley's daughter, they were both drawing their inspiration from the same place—Darby's dispensational Christianity. Which at the very least makes them ideological relatives.

Where there's smoke, they say, there's fire—whether it's from an occult ritual or a drone strike.

here

It's always the way that the closer things are, the more friction.

"
erdelyii wrote:
Crowley? heh
"
As I discuss extensively in my new (and now bestselling!) book John Dee and the Empire of Angels, which is about the (hidden) influence of the occult on the last 500 years of Western history, Aleister Crowley was raised in an English extremist religious group called the Exclusive Brethren, lead by a preacher named John Nelson Darby. Darby is the person that invented the concept of the "Rapture," the idea that people will be literally teleported into heaven during the Second Coming. He made a huge mark on history by claiming that the book of Revelation was literally real, and definitely not, you know, just a metaphor—and even that human beings had to help God's plan by bringing about the end of the world so that Jesus would come back sooner.

The British, not being particularly impressed by anything this sincere, let alone religious literalism, didn't take to Darby's ideas. Aleister Crowley sure did, however, because he spent the rest of his life rebelling against his early cult brainwashing by trying to create his own, "Satanic" version of Darby's teachings. While Darby declared that a new "aion" was coming, meaning the Second Coming of Christ, the adult Crowley declared himself the prophet of his own "New Aeon," one that was to be focused on enacting the reign of the Antichrist (meaning Crowley himself, of course), rather than Christ. Somewhere in the back of Crowley's mind, he probably believed that he was just helping Jesus' plan along by playing the bad guy in the story.

Another group that took Darby's ideas quite seriously was, well, American evangelicals. The idea that the Apocalypse is not only literal, and just around the corner, but that Christians actually have to help it happen—what I call Turbo-Christianity—circulated throughout the American religious right during the early part of the century, until it became the dominant religious form in America. You can tell because the Left Behind books—the most read books in America—are directly based on Darby's ideas; and because 1 in 3 Americans now believe that we live in the Apocalypse and that Jesus is coming back in our lifetime (according to a 2006 Pew Forum study). You can also tell because Ronald Reagan took this idea so seriously that he regularly told his aides that he was shepherding the world through the end times, and that his role was to overcome Russia (which he likened to "Gog and Magog" from the apocalyptic Book of Daniel) in preparation for the Second Coming.

George Bush, Jr.—Barbara's son, of course—believed this too, infamously telling the French President Jacques Chirac that he saw "Gog and Magog at work" in the Middle East when trying to enlist his support for the War on Terror, which (as you can imagine, Jacques being French and all), didn't go over particularly well. You can also see this dispensationalist theology clearly guiding the hand of Mike Pence, and now John Bolton, who also played a starring role in the invasion of Iraq, and is now working to level Syria (which is also a fulfillment of pre-apocalyptic Biblical prophecy, by the way, from Isaiah 17:1). This is all because evangelical Christians believe that Islam has to be removed from the Holy Land in preparation for Jesus coming back, more or less—and the fact that the evangelical Republicans have been quite regularly trying to force that to happen at the tip of a nuclear warhead should be a lot scarier to you than whatever weird heroin fetish rituals Crowley got up to in his basement.

But the kicker, of course, is that both of these things come from the same place—Crowley's satanic occultism, and the Republican right's thermonuclear Middle East interventionism.

So in that case, even if Barbara Bush wasn't literally Crowley's daughter, they were both drawing their inspiration from the same place—Darby's dispensational Christianity. Which at the very least makes them ideological relatives.

Where there's smoke, they say, there's fire—whether it's from an occult ritual or a drone strike.
here

It's always the way that the closer things are, the more friction.
Interesting. I despise neoconservative military interventionism, by the way, so it's interesting to read about this link to evangelical prophecy.

One of my deepest disappointments with the Obama Administration was its failure to stop Bush Administration interventionist policies, and indeed its escalation of them in places like Syria and Libya. My first thought after hearing Clinton say of Gaddafi "we came, we saw, he died" was: somewhere G.W. is watching this and thinking "shucks, I wish I'd thought of that one for Saddam." All those promises of change in 2008, only to see none.

You're the one who made the comparison between neocons and Crowley; I'm not disagreeing with it. But if Bush's reasons for his war crimes were "Gog and Magog" sold with lies about WMDs and half-hearted arguments only a staunch Republican partisan could love, then what motivation did Obama have to continue those war crimes when he had promised over and over again on the campaign trail that he'd end them? Maybe Darby and Crowley weren't as different as it might first seem... and maybe the younger Bush and Hillary Clinton weren't either.

You shouldn't assume that basement heroin fetishes are the worst things disciples of Thelema are up to. While I readily admit that most are long on ritual and short on action, there are some pretty dark fantasies seeking realization in some of those minds.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 30, 2018, 3:28:37 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's not even a strawman in context (it's erroneous and maybe fallacious though), but people feel smart using that term.

"Was Barbara Bush Really Aleister Crowley's Daughter?"

...I was going to admonish you for citing a questionable blog, but that title makes pretty clear that you're 100% sure you're citing a questionable blog.

The date, indeed XD, and yes, it's a juicy read. I mean, it all makes sense, right?

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Interesting. I despise neoconservative military interventionism, by the way, so it's interesting to read about this link to evangelical prophecy.

One of my deepest disappointments with the Obama Administration was its failure to stop Bush Administration interventionist policies, and indeed its escalation of them in places like Syria and Libya. My first thought after hearing Clinton say of Gaddafi "we came, we saw, he died" was: somewhere G.W. is watching this and thinking "shucks, I wish I'd thought of that one for Saddam." All those promises of change in 2008, only to see none.

You're the one who made the comparison between neocons and Crowley; I'm not disagreeing with it. But if Bush's reasons for his war crimes were "Gog and Magog" sold with lies about WMDs and half-hearted arguments only a staunch Republican partisan could love, then what motivation did Obama have to continue those war crimes when he had promised over and over again on the campaign trail that he'd end them? Maybe Darby and Crowley weren't as different as it might first seem... and maybe the younger Bush and Hillary Clinton weren't either.

You shouldn't assume that basement heroin fetishes are the worst things disciples of Thelema are up to. While I readily admit that most are long on ritual and short on action, there are some pretty dark fantasies seeking realization in some of those minds.

I don't doubt that there are some terrible people in power. Dark triad types gravitate towards Capital Hill, of course. I'm not sure how many are involved in ritualistic cults. I don't believe in the One Christian God, so that gives me a lot more puzzling to do on what the source of the bad stuff is.

But that the bad stuff exists, oh no doubt.

Interestingly, the dark triad is a PYRAMID!

Thank you for your explanation of Off Topic, Charan.

And,

"
In the popcorn industry, a popped kernel of corn is known as a "flake."

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 30, 2018, 7:46:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info