Evolution, Christian Darwin's Theory, Now Proven Wrong

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
No Christian worth their salt would tell you the things they think you should give up in this world are great.

critical thinking and freedom of thought aren't great things? Because that's what the church tries to make you give up.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:

That explains a lot.

The Knights Templar are almost as interesting as they are impossible to research accurately beyond a handful of well-documented facts like their founders and initial purpose. Almost. I wouldn't be surprised if their syncretism more than touched on pagan goddess worship, but the same can be said of other Christian sects, all the way down to the place of the Madonna in Catholicism. I wouldn't say the Knights Templar were outright Satanists or Baphomet-worshippers, but they sure loved their secret rituals and esotericism. It's interesting to note that the word 'Baphomet' is seemingly non-existent before the trials of the Knights Templar, and many scholars agree it's probably just a bastardisation of 'Mohammed', with some traditional satanic imagery thrown in for good measure.

Eco's Foucault's Pendulum remains the single greatest novel about modern researchers getting caught up in all of this, and sometimes it's hard to believe it actually came before Dan Brown's excremental 'Da Vinci Code'.

Yes, I meant about Templar_G.

But indeed! It's been a long time since I read about them. Templars are a fascinating lot, and Eco published after The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, to which Dan Brown owes all his dubious inspiration. I'm not sure that Eco read The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, but probably was well aware of it, given that it was a bestseller at the time.

I think that the Templars discovered hashish in the East, and that explains a lot about them deviating from the hitherto straight Christian path, and indulging in mystic rituals.

"
The Order of Knights of the Temple was founded in the Holy Land in 1118 A.D. Its organization was based on that of the Saracean fraternity of “Hashish im,” “hashish-takers,” whom Christians called Assassins. The Templars first headquarters was a wing of the royal palace of Jerusalem next to the al-Aqsa mosque, revered by the Shi’ites as the central shrine of the Goddess Fatima. Western Romances, inspired by Moorish Shi’ite poets, transformed this Mother-Shrine into the Temple of the Holy Grail , where certain legendary knights called Templars gathered to of­fer their service to the Goddess, to uphold the female principles of divinity and to defend women. These knights became more widely known as Galahad, Perceval, Lohengrin, etc. —Barbara Walker, The Woman’s Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets

The authors of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail also comment on the liaison between the Templars and Isma’ili’s: “Secret connections were also maintained with the Hashish im or Assassins, the famous sect of militant and often fanatical adepts who were Islam’s equivalent of the Templars .” The authors also comment that “the Templars ’ need to treat wounds and illness made them adepts in the use of drugs.” And the Order; “in ad­vance of their time regarded epilepsy not as demonic pos­session but as a controllable disease.” Interestingly cannabis is the safest natural or synthetic medication proven successful in the treatment of some forms of epilepsy.[3]

here

"
鬼殺し wrote:

He absolutely did and discusses this in several intervews; FP was a response to that book. It was also a best-seller. That's why DVC is one of those 'can't make this shit up folks' moments.

I love the idea of the Knights Templar being a mix of religious mystics, chivalrous warriors and epic stoners. That's just awesome.

Ah, that all makes sense. I haven't read FP. Probably a sign I ought to, huh?

Yes, it is a great mix, and one that begs the question "are metal bands the modern Templars?"

(Chivalry might be a sticking point...)
After extensive research, I have CONCLUDED that BOTH evolution and creationism is CORRECT...!
"
faerwin wrote:
the eyeball most likely slowly formed and it took many many generations to have a functioning eye

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Does that sound like "science" to you? Really? At all? hahaha
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool." - Mark Twain.

"A Christian is a person who wants to give up great things in a real life, for mediocre things in an imaginary one. More importantly, they demand you do the same." - Mark Twain.

The most influential and powerful person on earth just happens to be a Christian, just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that...

We demand nothing of you... we simply advance faster.

Maybe because we're right?

#Science ?
its good to have another nonsense thread around, the flat earth one was getting stale
I dont see any any key!
When all is said and done... people believe in evolution and the big bang, with no shreds of evidence whatsoever, and nothing whatsoever to show for their belief in those matters.

While Christians, have soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to show for our beliefs we find more dear than even those 2 theories we created, which some of us believe even.

When all is said and done, Christians thrive at a pace beyond the pace of what others are believing in.

Instead of claiming to be scientific, maybe you should actually try being scientific, and ask yourself if there is a possibility that a people's belief, directly is related to the success of that people.

Just a scientific thought, however uncomfortable it makes some of you.

You are willing to believe you are related to baboons and fleas and ticks. Just because some Christian came up with a theory that has since been proven false by fossil science.

God, is right.

He made all of us.

You didn't just "sprout eyeballs, over time, drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

You all claim to be right... but if you're right, why aren't you on top?

Doesn't your theory of evolution and survival of the fittest, say something about animals? And thus, since you believe you're animals, doesn't it say something about your place in the human pecking order?

It does.

No matter how many POE moderators think like you, and can't take this fact.

Evolution is a theory created by a Christian, proven wrong and stupid a long time ago, and like the big bang, people just can't get over how they were lead around by the nose because of it, and admit they were wrong.

#PrideIsBad

That kind of pride anyway
Last edited by Templar_G on Jun 29, 2018, 11:05:33 AM
"
k1rage wrote:
its good to have another nonsense thread around, the flat earth one was getting stale

Yeah, the rainbows kinda killed it, in a lovely way.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

He absolutely did and discusses this in several intervews; FP was a response to that book. It was also a best-seller. That's why DVC is one of those 'can't make this shit up folks' moments.

I love the idea of the Knights Templar being a mix of religious mystics, chivalrous warriors and epic stoners. That's just awesome.

Ah, that all makes sense. I haven't read FP. Probably a sign I ought to, huh?

Yes, it is a great mix, and one that begs the question "are metal bands the modern Templars?"

(Chivalry might be a sticking point...)

I dunno about that. As a long-time metal-head I can definitely attest to the general *politeness* of metal-heads. The bands themselves? I've only met a few and they still seem like, well, metal-heads who are just at a different place on the metal scale. As a point of contrast, the rudest fanbase I've encountered at a gig has to be hipsters into stuff like The Mountain Goats. What a bunch of wankers they were. Talked and checked their phones the whole gig. Like, why are you even there!?

...But is chivalry 'manners'? Can we update it to be a little less sexist? That'd be nice.

And yes, you should read it. It's an incredible book. A cornucopia of all things esoteric and pop, mashed together in the madness of conspiracy-theory...theory...? I found it a much more rewarding read than Name of the Rose, although I'll admit I've seen that movie many times and thought it was a great adaptation because instead of page after page of monastic architecture, it was set in a monastery.

Are we truly off-topic, discussing conspiracy theory novels and the world's favourite target of conspirac theories, the Knights Templar, when the first post looked and smelled so much like pseudo-science and conspiracy theory?

I see chivalry as a code of conduct, and metal as more unchaste, free and pagan. I guess there are Christian metal bands, still, not what I was thinking of.

Definitely not sexist, either, which chivalry was.

Hipsters are rude because they don't have parents. Not a one of them. I believe they spawn from abandoned couches in inner city suburbs during a full moon, or at least that's what their parents must tell themselves.

I may read it, if it's at the library next time I go, to borrow. Your name of the Rose description made me chuckle. I've not seen/ read that either. One day, maybe.

In off topic, how can we ever be off topic?

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 29, 2018, 11:13:32 AM
"
Templar_G wrote:
When all is said and done... people believe in evolution and the big bang, with no shreds of evidence whatsoever, and nothing whatsoever to show for their belief in those matters.

While Christians, have soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to show for our beliefs we find more dear than even those 2 theories we created, which some of us believe even.

When all is said and done, Christians thrive at a pace beyond the pace of what others are believing in.

Instead of claiming to be scientific, maybe you should actually try being scientific, and ask yourself if there is a possibility that a people's belief, directly is related to the success of that people.

Just a scientific thought, however uncomfortable it makes some of you.

You are willing to believe you are related to baboons and fleas and ticks. Just because some Christian came up with a theory that has since been proven false by fossil science.

God, is right.

He made all of us.

You didn't just "sprout eyeballs, over time, drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

You all claim to be right... but if you're right, why aren't you on top?

Doesn't your theory of evolution and survival of the fittest, say something about animals? And thus, since you believe you're animals, doesn't it say something about your place in the human pecking order?

It does.

No matter how many POE moderators think like you, and can't take this fact.

Evolution is a theory created by a Christian, proven wrong and stupid a long time ago, and like the big bang, people just can't get over how they were lead around by the nose because of it, and admit they were wrong.

#PrideIsBad

That kind of pride anyway

Im not on top because I prefer the girl being on top

Just a preference thing
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info