3.7 FREEZING PULSE ASSASSIN (DUAL VOID BATTERY) 6-7 MIL SHAPER DPS

HI name is ROCS ive been playing since open beta and this is my freezing pulse assassin i made in incursion league.

Build has been a great success and alot of fun to play.

Started out with just a tabula and dual void batteries so it can be done on somewhat of a budget.
Managed to kill t16 bosses on a tabula with just void batteries being the big ticket items in the build (which were 50c each for me 2 weeks into incursion).

PATCH CHANGES
Spoiler

-pob updated to 3.7 legion (https://pastebin.com/GaMXQjrH)
(if you have trouble importing code take the "s" out of https: in code, I might be the only one with this wierd pob bug)
-changed over to eldwitch battery, using energy leech and dropped warlords mark ring as it doesnt affect spells anymore
- added zealorty and aspect of spider for more dps and defense

-tree updated to 3.5
-changed a few nodes on the tree to gain more cast speed 2/3/19
-tree has been updated to 3.6 note this build may now be better as ci or low life with all the ES buffs but it will still be very viable especially considering the freezing pulse gem buff but this will be easier to gear, also on that note swap out spell echo for unleash support in main links

PROS
Spoiler
-Can do up to Shaper on around 1ex budget @180c lul incrusion
-Able to run all map mods except ele reflect
-Ultra safe mapper freezing everything including bosses up to t15 are frozen solid no flasks (Guardians and Shaper are chilled beyond belief)
-Can level from level 1 as this build effectivly 1shotting the screen
-Amazing Herald of Ice chain mtx explosions
-Generates Power, Frenzy and Endurance charges and Onslaught
-With a more invesment the damage gets really strong ( one phased Hydra in under 5 secs)
-possible to reach upward of 9mil shaper dps with gg corrupted gear (more info in min/max tips)

CONS
Spoiler
-Doorways can be annoying (more info in gameplay tips)
-Not having an warlords on hit ring can be an issue on t16+
-Uses lightning warp and quicksilver for movement although its fine with my ms/ cast speed
-Requires good positioning to play effectively (getting surrounded may get you killed)
-Dex is kind of a struggle for lvl20 vaal haste need dex on jewels
-90% chance to avoid elemental ailments sucks but doable

GEAR
Spoiler

My gem setups and gear are optimal but until you have warlords mark on hit ring you need to run it on your frost bomb and in herald of ice ( frost bomb - curse on hit - warlord' mark)and (ice-curse on hit-warlords-onslaught) but you lose frenzy charges.

please check path of building as some of the gem setups have changed ( 24/6/19 )

In 3.3 frost bomb got buffed pretty massively
Spoiler

-Now deals 14-21 cold damage at gem level 1 (up from 10-14), up to 959-1439 cold damage at gem level 20 (up from 521-781).
-Now has a 2 second delay before exploding, and applies a debuff which lasts 5 seconds and grants -25% cold resistance to affected enemies. (Previously had a 3.5 second delay before exploding, and applied a debuff which lasted 2 seconds and granted -20% cold resistance to affected enemies.)
-Now has an added damage effectiveness of 200% (up from 130%).

This helps alot for COH setups with frost bomb and helps with dps
Although this wont let you do no regen maps.

Just get the ring thank me later.

Side note on gear

Up until lvl 90 i ran dual
NO LONGER VIABLE FOR THIS BUILD and

which are like 1c each.

They give you alot of extra clear (2 proj) and more dps but you need the sustain from warlords atleast in higher content.
Cloak of defiance is only needed in red maps plus for extra 10% mom and 300 mana, tabula or skin of the loyal till you can afford a 6l cloak, loreweave is the best option overall if u have a 79+ max res 6l

POB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/GaMXQjrH complete build @100
drop points as you see fit to get to desired level

Note frenzy and onslaught are ticked as they are up 90% of the time execept certain bosses unticked we are still above 3mil dps agianst shaper

PANTHEON ASCENDANCY BANDIT ENCHANTS
Spoiler
Ascendancy order

1.Ambush and Assassinate
2.Unstable Infusion
3.Deadly Infusion
4.Opportunistic

Pantheon
Major: Run Soul of the Brine King to help recover from a stun.
Minor: Run Soul of Tukohama for phy mitigation whilst stationary.

Help Alira for the all res and multi and flat mana regen all great.

For helm 12% Freezing Pulse cast speed is the best.
For boots 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently or 10% pen on bosses but id go with cast speed.
Or 80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently for 95% stun avoidance whilst mapping

HELPFUL LEVELING
Spoiler

Wear all this till 68 then upgrade all your gear after kitava
As for leveling trees, make your own decisions obviously you want to hit your 2 first snow jewels first, then all the power charges, then fill as you see fit.

MIN/MAX TIPS
Spoiler
There is soo much potential as of incursion for this build if your rich ill give you a list but not everything sky is the limit here
-We have 10% ele pen X 2 for wand corruptions
-We have +2 projectile and +1 all gems for chest corruptions
-We have +1 max power charge for helm corruptions
-We have 10% cast speed corruption on gloves
-10% ele pen enchant on boots
ect ect
Now if we add a lvl 4 empower with all that dropping cold pen we are over 9 mil shaper dps hooray

GAMEPLAY TIPS
Spoiler
-Stay back as seen in gameplay for maximum safety.

-You can kill from range now with the freezing pulse buff in 3.3 i've killed Mino in under 10secs at max range, no need to endanger yourself.

-For incursions with the small doors you have 2 options
1.Stay back and let one freezing pulse go through the door and let HOI chains explosions kill the mobs(safe option)
2.Lightning warp in the room behind the mobs kill them all (risky but faster)

GAMEPLAY
Spoiler
T16 Example Rare Mino: https://youtu.be/OZtwuLj79GY
Shaper: https://youtu.be/J8t87J1nI3E
Uber Elder: https://youtu.be/VCdeRuIoupE - this build was not designed for uber elder whatsoever but i did manage to get him down.

Any questions I will be happy to answer here

HAPPY PULSING!
ign: ROCSpoe
Last edited by RocsPOE on Jun 23, 2019, 10:26:02 PM
Last bumped on Sep 3, 2019, 4:53:28 PM
This looks hella fun build and I most likely will play it, just a side question how does it fair playing it on a scion ascendant? is it achievable or it only works fit with assassin?
"
Allure_5 wrote:
This looks hella fun build and I most likely will play it, just a side question how does it fair playing it on a scion ascendant? is it achievable or it only works fit with assassin?

Thanks!
I tested playing around with scion as (assassin, raider, elementalist, inquistior) any combination.
The end result is you end up losing alot of dps(around 1.5mil) and sustain perks from assassin.
Pure assassin is very underated atm esspecially combined with void batteries
You get a ton of defence and dps esspically if you play solo just go assassin you have 100% crit while mapping and 90 on bosses. also crits dont do extra damage on endgame which helps you survive one shots with 5.5k ehp, i never really died attempting any t16+ unless im tired
Last edited by RocsPOE on Jun 29, 2018, 3:34:47 AM
Hey I would also like to ask, is there any reason why you chose mind over matter on our skill tree while you have a garb that gives MoM too? also how do you life leech, is there any firstly - Id like some extra details on it.

Thanks
Looks very solid

Defiance is BiS for this build? I think it's not
Last edited by prosancte on Jun 29, 2018, 6:17:27 PM
"
Allure_5 wrote:
Hey I would also like to ask, is there any reason why you chose mind over matter on our skill tree while you have a garb that gives MoM too? also how do you life leech, is there any firstly - Id like some extra details on it.

Thanks

Reason i pick up mom is for the mana nodes behind it at level 94 it gives me a extra 400 unreserved mana which translates to EHP, which is more than 4 life nodes would give also mana regen.
As for leech it all comes from my warlords mark on hit ring which is enough for all content this character is not a tank, your a glass cannon. not facetank slayer leech so play accordinly
"
prosancte wrote:
Looks very solid

Defiance is BiS for this build? I think it's not

Defiance is bis for general mapping as a extra layer of defense but loreweave might be better if you can manage to get a decent rolled 6l, as for dps options you have skin of the loyal and shroud of the lightless as very good options.

if you have heaps of cash do loreweave 6l or skin of the loyal corrupted +gems
Last edited by RocsPOE on Jun 30, 2018, 12:40:46 AM
This looks fun and quite a change from Vaal Double Strike Champion. Definitely won't reach the absurd DPS of VDS but gonna it give it a go anyway !
no skill tree on pob
"
marszul wrote:
no skill tree on pob

you are blind !
v1tAm1n^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info