[3.6] Rasgeroth's Puff Dragon. Uber Elder viable, Ignite+Ar.Brand Ele. (Igni= F.ball, Inci, F.blast)

Let me push this.

Autor is a realy nice person and i also like this build.
Had so many questions and he always was rdy to chat with me ingame and stuff.

Also it has much room for your own ideas!
You appear to have changed the build up somewhat and now are using a 6 link for the ignite and a separate 6 link for upfront damage; makes sense for bosses but doesn't really lend anything in the way of improving clear speed on maps for example. I never found the ignite 6 link lacking for clear speed either to be honest.

Let's say we were to make an incinerate build that focuses on the hit exclusively. I'm in the process of going occultist with Shav's and taking Pain Attunement, which appears to be a 1.3 more spell damage multiplier. I'm hypothesizing that the best 5 support gems would be combustion, controlled destruction, elemental focus, concentrated effect, and fire penetration although faster casting may be better than combustion since the ignite portion is ignored.

I'm going to be running it with a blasphemized flammability aura, warlords mark, temporal chains, and discipline. Correct me if I'm wrong but warlords mark should be more synergistic with incinerate if we focus exclusively on the upfront damage, no? I realize immolate may be best in slot if you have another source to burn with but I don't really feel like including that in the build. Should I hit a wall against bosses around tier 12 or something, that's totally subject to change. Any thoughts or have you experimented with this yourself?

Edit: I'm still using Elemental Overload, so a non crit version of incinerate. Is it foolish to focus on the hit portion without crit or should I still go with ignite and just accept that Pain Attunement will be a nice chunky boost to the hit portion only?
Last edited by Alphavegeta on Jan 4, 2019, 4:19:15 PM
"
Alphavegeta wrote:
You appear to have changed the build up somewhat and now are using a 6 link for the ignite and a separate 6 link for upfront damage; makes sense for bosses but doesn't really lend anything in the way of improving clear speed on maps for example. I never found the ignite 6 link lacking for clear speed either to be honest.

Let's say we were to make an incinerate build that focuses on the hit exclusively. I'm in the process of going occultist with Shav's and taking Pain Attunement, which appears to be a 1.3 more spell damage multiplier. I'm hypothesizing that the best 5 support gems would be combustion, controlled destruction, elemental focus, concentrated effect, and fire penetration although faster casting may be better than combustion since the ignite portion is ignored.

I'm going to be running it with a blasphemized flammability aura, warlords mark, temporal chains, and discipline. Correct me if I'm wrong but warlords mark should be more synergistic with incinerate if we focus exclusively on the upfront damage, no? I realize immolate may be best in slot if you have another source to burn with but I don't really feel like including that in the build. Should I hit a wall against bosses around tier 12 or something, that's totally subject to change. Any thoughts or have you experimented with this yourself?

Edit: I'm still using Elemental Overload, so a non crit version of incinerate. Is it foolish to focus on the hit portion without crit or should I still go with ignite and just accept that Pain Attunement will be a nice chunky boost to the hit portion only?

Now, Ignite is not lacking in terms of clear speed, no matter the skill you are causing it with. I've included the on hit portion because I hit a wall against Uber Elder, and that was IT. Plus, since Combustion is a marvelous gem when paired with ignite (it reduces resists by flat 19 or 20 depending on gem level 20 or 21) it automaticly increases the on hit damage for all fire spells. So adding a second fire spell is a good fit.

Occultist is a different issue. Good ES means auto Shavs/PA for me, so yes that is a good idea. The problems I've faced with trying to go LL with the build is the fact that I'm using Emberwake and now a Malachai's Artifice. All fair and easy to use on a build you can squeeze in Kaoms, but not so much with full ES. Though you can still go ES with Veiled mods and Elder gear.

Get an Elder Helm with Immolate+Burning Damage. There is your second 6 link. (This can also be used for life and swap the chest with Kaom, if you lose the utility gems like CWDT Molten Shell/Immortal Call, Culling Strike, Second Golem) Now you need a decent Shaper sceptre for immense cast speed and fire/burning damage, and a good ES shield to pick up the slack caused by the rings. It is really, really hard to keep the golem alive without the Liege though, so keep that in mind. You've got 3+3 sockets for all the utility + Blood Magic/Aura shenanigans you need. (If shaper sceptre, Storms/Dash/Surge can go in along with Faster Casting/Controlled Dest. Higher rank of Surge, that way.)

I've used Elementalist and that created some problems with Life leech/Mana leech. Occultist does not care about those problems, slap on that Warlord's Mark and go to town. I just really enjoy running reflect maps with a self caster, so losing that will be your only downside. (25% penetration is also nice, but Occ gets some Chaos Damage on top of the fire to cover that part a bit.)

Immolate only cares about burn though, so if you got Scorching Ray on a Spell totem that is enough. (Impresence makes Orb of Storms cause ignites through the fire damage it adds for example) Empower is a good replacement if you still prefer it. Main idea is to keep Combustion on the spell that ignites, not Immolate. Point here is to maximize your upfront damage anyway.

On Warlord's Mark, leech adds up. All the time. Every small leech you cause adds up to your leech per second cap (determined by your total HP/ES) so even without full focus on the upfront damage of incinerate, it is enough to keep you at cap.

Non crit makes your passive spending and gearing much, much easier, and the damage is more than enough so I don't think crit is needed. Malediction should also help immensely with the necessity of being right next to your targets, but you also included Temp Chains for that as well. So yes, Occultist sounds viable in terms of making this build go ES.

I've been off lately, and the reason is I'VE JUST UPGRADED MY PC, Like: TODAY. (Been working on to buy list and what spec of equipment I would be getting, plus the day job is a bit more active than usual these days.) I still don't even have the game nor Path of Building installed. I'll be back at it in a few days. Hopefully I've been helpful with just theorycrafting, as I don't have access to numbers just yet. (Give me a few more hours, the freshly installed windows is constantly restarting per usual.)
Thanks so much for the detailed reply! You’ve hit many of the points I’ve considered myself. As far the golem I was just going to run a lightning golem maybe on the CWDT setup with IC and molten shell. If he dies whatever, I just want that extra bit of casting speed to ramp up, even one time against a boss to drop a stage 8 ignite.

I have a 5 linked shravs I picked up today to transition into full energy shield at 62. I’ll eventually 6 link it but I can’t run a low life occultist without it. Another benefit is the 2nd curse with imprecense ammy let’s me run them on the cheap. The 5+ auras is going to be nasty; failed to mention I’m running herald of ash in there as well.

I may run an emberwake once my other bases are covered but to start I won’t have the space. I need lots of energy shield to be cozy. I plan on running a wand/scepter with that shield that absorbs 1000 elemental damage like a bubble. If I run wand I’ll use arcane surge on my flamedash or shield charge with fortify on scepter. I have a searing touch lathi but haven’t 6 linked it yet and am unsure it’ll be needed. I’ve ran dual wand setups that out dps it with chunky fire base damage added. I’ll also plan on crafting a high tier elder helm when I find a good base I want with energy shield. Haven’t even tried the meteor looking thing yet but will soon.

Because I’m limited to 5 sockets right now, I’m not sure exactly what I’ll do. I may run combustion, immolate, ignite, and either deadly or burning depending on how many chromatics I got laying around. The temptation is to drop ignite since I’ll have herald of ash and chaos explosions to cover aoe. But i don’t know that I need to run faster casting or substitute something else until I start mapping tomorrow. Does deadly ailments or burning damage compete with ignite or ? I don’t use PoB. I just test stuff myself and read other builds to hypothesize and it has worked so far.
Grats on the pc upgrade. They can be a pain when things break. If mine were to go in a few months after they release on PS4 I’ll probably pick that up and take my time on the repair. Or just not repair it at all, lol.
Last edited by Alphavegeta on Jan 4, 2019, 10:57:32 PM
Hi, thanks for the great guide, well written and I enjoy the build. I'm in endgame now and now going into details to get the most out of it. However I found two things in the guide which seem inconsistent to me, could you clarify those?

"
The build stacks ignites via double Emberwake,(3 ignites total)
Only mandatory items are: Malachai's Artifice

You recommend two Emberwakes, but then say that Malachai's Artifice is mandatory - so no two Emberwakes?

"
The required curse is Warlord's Mark, so Flammability is optiona

In your Incursion gear I can see Warlord's Mark, but not in your current gear. Is Warlord's Mark no longer used/required?

Another question, do you think Magma Orb is viable as damage source?

Thanks!
Hi!

First - thanks for this build. I'm now lvl 80+ and I enjoyed every part of it <3 Very easy to read and understand. I also like the fact that you're not ashamed of your "not perfect" kills which makes it less intimidating imho.

I found myself struggling a bit to stay alive on T10+ maps (mostly caused by either lags or very bad positionning :( ). While I'm trying to improve that I was wondering:
What do you think of a CwDT setup with flammability as a low budget Impresence alternative?

CwDT + Immortal call + Increased Duration + Flammability

Since we're often very close range it can both help with survivability and allow to trigger flammability debuff on a regular basis without mana reservation.

Thanks again for your guide!
Man i gotta admit that i luv the build very much.

Witch , mage etc is not my kinda gamestyle but i just gave a chance to your build and i LOVE it!

I am still leveling but its very fun and easy to level with your guide.

See you in next league!

Thanks a lot for your guide , keep up the good work!
First, sorry for the delays in responding to these. I've been downloading quite heavily, and my online activity was forced to stay benched for a while. Turns out, replacing a 12 year old machine with a new one could be problematic.

Anyway, let me try and cover all of you guys points.

"
FeanorsCurse wrote:
Hi, thanks for the great guide, well written and I enjoy the build. I'm in endgame now and now going into details to get the most out of it. However I found two things in the guide which seem inconsistent to me, could you clarify those?

"
The build stacks ignites via double Emberwake,(3 ignites total)
Only mandatory items are: Malachai's Artifice

You recommend two Emberwakes, but then say that Malachai's Artifice is mandatory - so no two Emberwakes?

"
The required curse is Warlord's Mark, so Flammability is optiona

In your Incursion gear I can see Warlord's Mark, but not in your current gear. Is Warlord's Mark no longer used/required?

Another question, do you think Magma Orb is viable as damage source?

Thanks!

Easiest answer: Magma Orb as a damage source isn't exactly a good option. Magma Orb can do really, really well with projectile damage increase, and main source of it's damage comes from giving it 2 Threshold jewels that makes the orb bounces overlap. While I do have a lot of % Fire damage that works well for it, it would require to replace some gems, maybe even the weapon. Magma Orb does not scale well with Ignite for now. I will look more ways to integrate it into the build the day it gets patched though. For now, I decided that it wasn't exactly worth the reward to force it to work, and left that skill behind. The build's main focus is melting through ignites, and Magma Orb can not make the cut in that front, just yet.

Second point: Double Emberwakes can become a variation, but reducing the enemy fire resistance by 50% makes your two ignites burn that much harder anyway. Thanks to the Liege of Primordial, the golems aren't exactly made of wet tissue paper, and they can survive. I've tried the similar trick with a Winter Orb Hierophant, and I need to recast the Golem quite often. Thanks to the mechanics of Winter Orb, and Hiero being a massive HP pool with MoM, I can, but I wouldn't exactly offer the same trick to any other elemental damage build that does not have the free time to resummon the EE Golem for the effect. I've found the free EE trick works great for the build, so a second Emberwake got cut off. Right now, it is just less damage even purely ignite-wise.

Third point: Main issue is a Life and most importantly, Mana Leech source. Even with 80% reduction to curse effectiveness on Guardians and above, it is still enough to maintain your mana.
Two options: Vitality % of Damage Leeched as Life from a Watcher's Eye and a Shaper glove with Socketed Gems are supported by Level 15 Mana Leech, or Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy. Orb of Storms inside the glove is enough to keep you topped off on mana, and it works well with Incinerate and Fireball on Aspect version.(One is up close so dropping the Orb is easy, and the other does not require too much spam as an Ignite source.)

If you are the MoM version, then base mana regen is already much higher so Flameblast is more viable with that version. (Since it is also very different than Incinerate. With Inci stages, you still deal damage and gain leech. Not so much with Flameblast since you need to release the spell in order to actually do the damage.) That extra room to receive some damage works better with that skill. In Aspect version, Flameblast works well with single target as I can drop an Orb and move away for all my channeling needs, but for AOE clearing, MoM is better for the FB.

For Fireball, since it is only used as an ignite source, (my favorite one) you just don't spam it. In times you are surrounded, or approaching a big pack, use the Vaal version. ALWAYS GET VAAL FIREBALL. The quality of the gem is completely useless for us, and LVL 21 Vaal Fireball costs like 5 Chaos. You can even level with it if you get it early, and swap it for the level 21 when you hit 70. That should cover the skills in terms of how to get and utilize the life/mana leech. (Brand mana cost is tiny compared to our other skills. It just never causes any mana issues even if you spam it.)
"
Laywelin wrote:
Hi!

First - thanks for this build. I'm now lvl 80+ and I enjoyed every part of it <3 Very easy to read and understand. I also like the fact that you're not ashamed of your "not perfect" kills which makes it less intimidating imho.

I found myself struggling a bit to stay alive on T10+ maps (mostly caused by either lags or very bad positionning :( ). While I'm trying to improve that I was wondering:
What do you think of a CwDT setup with flammability as a low budget Impresence alternative?

CwDT + Immortal call + Increased Duration + Flammability

Since we're often very close range it can both help with survivability and allow to trigger flammability debuff on a regular basis without mana reservation.

Thanks again for your guide!

Sure, CWDT can work for the curse, you can even have it a bit low level since it isn't exactly a must have thing to clear the packs.

Another option is when you have all the cast speed improvements gear and passive wise, is to go Orb of Storms, Curse On Hit, Flammability, Arcane Surge. Flame Dash can be moved to one of the two free sockets that would otherwise include Blasphemy and Flammability. With enough cast speed, Orb can keep EO up even without Increased Crit support.
"
Alphavegeta wrote:
Thanks so much for the detailed reply! You’ve hit many of the points I’ve considered myself. As far the golem I was just going to run a lightning golem maybe on the CWDT setup with IC and molten shell. If he dies whatever, I just want that extra bit of casting speed to ramp up, even one time against a boss to drop a stage 8 ignite.

I have a 5 linked shravs I picked up today to transition into full energy shield at 62. I’ll eventually 6 link it but I can’t run a low life occultist without it. Another benefit is the 2nd curse with imprecense ammy let’s me run them on the cheap. The 5+ auras is going to be nasty; failed to mention I’m running herald of ash in there as well.

I may run an emberwake once my other bases are covered but to start I won’t have the space. I need lots of energy shield to be cozy. I plan on running a wand/scepter with that shield that absorbs 1000 elemental damage like a bubble. If I run wand I’ll use arcane surge on my flamedash or shield charge with fortify on scepter. I have a searing touch lathi but haven’t 6 linked it yet and am unsure it’ll be needed. I’ve ran dual wand setups that out dps it with chunky fire base damage added. I’ll also plan on crafting a high tier elder helm when I find a good base I want with energy shield. Haven’t even tried the meteor looking thing yet but will soon.

Because I’m limited to 5 sockets right now, I’m not sure exactly what I’ll do. I may run combustion, immolate, ignite, and either deadly or burning depending on how many chromatics I got laying around. The temptation is to drop ignite since I’ll have herald of ash and chaos explosions to cover aoe. But i don’t know that I need to run faster casting or substitute something else until I start mapping tomorrow. Does deadly ailments or burning damage compete with ignite or ? I don’t use PoB. I just test stuff myself and read other builds to hypothesize and it has worked so far.
Grats on the pc upgrade. They can be a pain when things break. If mine were to go in a few months after they release on PS4 I’ll probably pick that up and take my time on the repair. Or just not repair it at all, lol.

Dual added fire damage to spells is a work around for the +2 level you would lose by replacing the lathi. 90% total Fire and 70% burning damage are easy to replace through the implicits and suffixes of wands/sceptres.

In terms of numbers, Immolate is the one that gives the least amount of damage for the ignite source, so that should be your on reserve gem until you get the 6th link. Otherwise, if you got the Elder helmet for the Ignite source to make it a 6 link, Combustion is the one that increases the total amount by the least, so it should be the gem that stays benched.

And once again, sorry for the delay people, as I do not have the highest amounts of download speed. (Then again, Shadow of War downloading a straight 100 Gigs was not a thing I expected either.) For a few more days, I'm studying more tutorials/trainings on how to improve myself in terms of making videos, so streaming is only on the backburner for just a few more days. When all things set and done. I've got the inversed version of my Ignite build, a cold damage over time Occultist to show you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info