[3.3] Octavian's RainbowTrap Fire Trap Build. Everything viable.

And another stoopid question... how do you play this thing? Do you throw bear traps (or arc when leveling) for packs of junk? And then fire traps only for bosses? What do you do when you run into stuff?
Hey! Thanks for making the guide, the build seems just the kind of sexy I like! :D Now Delve is coming shortly and I'm thinking of rolling with this build. Any important changes I should mind in 3.4? I know you lay 1 less trap now and throwing speed got nerfed from 0.5s to 0,6s but I think those shouldn't slow this beast of a build down much at all right?
"
Carnivori wrote:
Hey! Thanks for making the guide, the build seems just the kind of sexy I like! :D Now Delve is coming shortly and I'm thinking of rolling with this build. Any important changes I should mind in 3.4? I know you lay 1 less trap now and throwing speed got nerfed from 0.5s to 0,6s but I think those shouldn't slow this beast of a build down much at all right?

I'm not an expert but I played an Arc Trapper last league and boy did I fall in love with traps. Regular trap skills get buffed damage-wise by 40% so that should somewhat offset the throw speed and count. Shaper gloves affix with +1 trap thrown becomes even more important, increasing the damage from +25% (4 -> 5) to +33.3% (3 -> 4).

What I'm not sure about is the Shield Charge "nerf" and stacking high attack speed on your main hand. Maybe skills like Flame Dash become viable, freeing up the shield slot for stat sticks? But then again, it's not like this build needs more damage...
Hey, i never played a trap build before, but i read it is a good budget League starter and the damage seems to be awesome in Endgame.

Would you maybe add a Saboteur Version Tree for this? After the slight trap nerfs this could be a good Option next to Scion?!
If Abyss isn't a Zana mod, will we still be able to get Shroud of the Lightless and Bubonic Trail? And if there is, does this mean that they'll be ridiculously rare and expensive?
Since Abyss has been added to the Core Game, there is still the 10% Chance to spawn Abyss, so there will be a Chance to get those Items. Hopefully not that expensive..
"
sariq wrote:
What I'm not sure about is the Shield Charge "nerf" and stacking high attack speed on your main hand. Maybe skills like Flame Dash become viable, freeing up the shield slot for stat sticks? But then again, it's not like this build needs more damage...
The shield charge nerf will hurt somewhat if you were previously relying on Brightbeak. If you weren't using Brightbeak and instead used, say, a 20% attack speed weapon, you're probably looking at something like 5-10% less shield charge speed with a level 20 gem since it now gains movement speed with levels. Phase Run also might be an option with instant cast if Flame Dash still isn't good enough, or maybe alternated with it if you have the sockets.

"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Hey, i never played a trap build before, but i read it is a good budget League starter and the damage seems to be awesome in Endgame.

Would you maybe add a Saboteur Version Tree for this? After the slight trap nerfs this could be a good Option next to Scion?!
You could do a Sabo version, but this build runs blood magic from the helm and Shroud of the Lightless which means no Tinkerskin and no Mind over Matter shenanigans and no Loreweave or Belly of the Beast. You could maybe go ES, but now you're probably giving up Ahn's Heritage (ES shield), Bubonic Trail (Sin Trek) and something else to get stun immunity. And probably a ring for Discipline in an Essence Worm. It's basically a different build at that point.

Sabo would add free blind plus 10% less damage taken, but it would come at the expense of a large amount of life due to the loss of easy access to the life wheel and the extra passive points from Ascendant, so that's kind of a wash. However, you'd lose out on the mobility bonuses from Pathfinder which means slower map clears. Plus the spot just north-east of the Scion start looks absurd for the new Unnatural Instinct jewel. 4 passives for 13% attack speed, 9% movement speed, 45% crit multi and 8% max life? Yes, please.

If you still want to do this build as a Saboteur, the tree would be pretty straight-forward. It's going to look almost just like any non MoM, life-based Sabo Arc trap tree from Incursion, though note that I was using Belly of the Beast and Mask of the Stitched Demon to make up for the max life lost from going Saboteur in my version. Anyway, here's the sort of tree you'd probably want to aim for: poeurl.com/b2R0
Any news if this will be updated for 3.4? Is it a viable starter?
"
tanis0 wrote:

Sabo would add free blind plus 10% less damage taken, but it would come at the expense of a large amount of life due to the loss of easy access to the life wheel and the extra passive points from Ascendant, so that's kind of a wash. However, you'd lose out on the mobility bonuses from Pathfinder which means slower map clears. Plus the spot just north-east of the Scion start looks absurd for the new Unnatural Instinct jewel. 4 passives for 13% attack speed, 9% movement speed, 45% crit multi and 8% max life? Yes, please.

Am I missing something for that Unnatural Instinct Jewel ? Would you not get more than 4 small passives ? 9%cast speed which doesn't matter but 10dex, 10int, 6% spell dmg as well ?

Hi, very nice video guide on youtube. I checked price of the Malahai's Awakening on standard and now its about 50-60 c soo its quite expennsive and when its our core item u think it will be able to run this build as a league starter?? How much can this helm cost at the begining of the league let's ssay on second day?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info