[3.4] Tornado Shot Deadeye | Level 100 viable | #3 Ranger | Elder | Shaper | Lab

Hello 5Six,

I created a more elemental damage focused style of your build and mixed in some other stuff.

I messaged you two weeks ago and since then I tried a lot of stuff to make mana a bit easier, but it's doable. Found no success in using Queen of the Forest nor Shroud of the Lightless nor Inpulsa with quadra unique resistance flasks. I also felt no significant increase in life of hit compared to the life on hit I get from Bleeding targets (due to using a max rolled Lionseye I am using nearly 0 accuracy and a very uncommon ascendancy combination).

I now ended with a more health focused build and a very... unique skill tree. Could you - with your more in-depth knowledge - share your thoughts on my build and possible improvements?

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/Q1TEUV3n
For reference the PoB for LvL 100: https://pastebin.com/GXASi8Je

Thanks a lot,
yamukud/Shariva
Last edited by Sharivatoo on Sep 26, 2018, 7:04:12 PM
How does this build compare to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2166899? Ele Hit DeadEye has many times more damage according to PoB (even after replacing the chin sol with a wripper) compared to this build and is also a lot cheaper.

This build has Life on Hit though for faster replenishing but aside from that I can't find any advantages.
Last edited by silverdash on Sep 28, 2018, 12:22:57 PM
"
silverdash wrote:
How does this build compare to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2166899? Ele Hit DeadEye has many times more damage according to PoB (even after replacing the chin sol with a wripper) compared to this build and is also a lot cheaper.

This build has Life on Hit though for faster replenishing but aside from that I can't find any advantages.

Many times the damage? Where did you get that? Before the nerf of Ele Hit it was a good deal more damage, true. But after it lost 33% of its total damage output?

At most you will feel a difference in single target, but I doubt it is much. Barrage is great too. And for clear speed Ele Hit is nowhere near what TS can do with +2 secondary projectiles, chain, additional arrow and Rigwalds Quills. Even if you use Quill Rain for clearing, it never felt like it could even compete with TS for the clear speed crown.

Source: Played multiple TS builds to 95 over the years and leagues and played Ele Hit pre and post nerf to 93/92.

Also, if you want to play Ele Hit, Scion Raider/Pathfinder+Slayer is much, much superior in any way imho. This is also a way to to get closer to the instant "leech" of this. It just feels great to zoom around delves at light speed, losing no life because you shot a few enemies 30 seconds ago and the overleech is still going :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 1, 2018, 3:31:07 PM
i want to do that build but mf speed but my problem is if i go devotos, goldwyrm, windripper, queen of forst, rigwalds quill, sadimas touch and hh isnt the ressostance too low m8?
and whats with barrage is it needed for my mf speed build
Thoughts on Lioneye's fall slotted under the assassin claw node?
"
eritesh98 wrote:
i want to do that build but mf speed but my problem is if i go devotos, goldwyrm, windripper, queen of forst, rigwalds quill, sadimas touch and hh isnt the ressostance too low m8?

Only if you don't have much to invest, otherwise get two good Ventors and your resists are taken care of. Also, amulet, jewels and flasks can give resists too.

"
eritesh98 wrote:
and whats with barrage is it needed for my mf speed build

Not at all. Even T15 bosses can be very quickly killed with TS. Barrage is for everything bigger.

"
Nvnsqr wrote:
Thoughts on Lioneye's fall slotted under the assassin claw node?

They are taken for an easy way to get life and mana leech. Not something you will struggle with if you follow the guide and go Thiefs Torment. If you want to go for normal rings, yes, Lioneyes Fall and the claw nodes are a must have.

I myself am undecided which way to go. I think I will first try Thiefs Torment. If I don't like it I will go Lioneyes Fall, claw nodes and VP. There is just so much survivability and damage possible on the rings that I am pretty sure the latter is the way to go.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 2, 2018, 10:34:52 AM
Should I be aiming for a mix of ice/lightning damage or go for pure lightning/cold on my jewels? Would this affect our chance to freeze (less quant from Windripper) by much?

Single type damage specialization seems to be capable of more damage as is the case with the original tree. Is simply using added cold damage on pure lightning jewels enough to freeze everything up to guardians and shaper/elder?
Last edited by Nvnsqr on Oct 2, 2018, 1:54:59 PM
"
Nvnsqr wrote:
Should I be aiming for a mix of ice/lightning damage or go for pure lightning/cold on my jewels? Would this affect our chance to freeze (less quant from Windripper) by much?

Single type damage specialization seems to be capable of more damage as is the case with the original tree. Is simply using added cold damage on pure lightning jewels enough to freeze everything up to guardians and shaper/elder?

It doesnt matter, even fire is good. You will freeze everything while clearing anyway. Take a look at what jewels these guys are using:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Deadeye&item=Windripper,Queen-of-the-Forest,Lioneyes-Fall&skill=Tornado-Shot

Just put in all 6 damage modifiers, 2 each for each element, put in weighted sum to however much flat ele you want and add life in a second group as a must have. Whatever comes is good. 50 flat ele from fire and lightning is the same as 50 flat cold, we dont scale single element damage and will have enough cold from added cold and HoI.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 2, 2018, 2:48:58 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Nvnsqr wrote:

It doesnt matter, even fire is good. You will freeze everything while clearing anyway. Take a look at what jewels these guys are using:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Deadeye&item=Windripper,Queen-of-the-Forest,Lioneyes-Fall&skill=Tornado-Shot

Just put in all 6 damage modifiers, 2 each for each element, put in weighted sum to however much flat ele you want and add life in a second group as a must have. Whatever comes is good. 50 flat ele from fire and lightning is the same as 50 flat cold, we dont scale single element damage and will have enough cold from added cold and HoI.

I noticed everyone on that list has HH. While that is eventually my goal, it will be a long time before being obtainable.

My question is how much of a difference in clearspeed/power will I lose by not having HH?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info