[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper/Uber | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

On the edge of my seat for an update :D
Thinking about going this as a leaguestarter. Should be fun times.
Considering this is a CI build, how viable would it be as a league starter?
IGN: Vaalgard / GuardianOfAsgard / Veidhimadhr
Timezone: GMT+2
"
deathcoreftw wrote:
Considering this is a CI build, how viable would it be as a league starter?

my opinion:
go life until you have Vile Bastion from cruel lab
after that gather some ES gear and make the switch - done this last league and it was fine
This seems like it has the potential to be extremely strong in 3.4 (with the potential of also running scourge arrow). Has anyone theorycrafted this?
Thinking of doing this as my league starter in delve. I want to start using caustic arrow as soon as possible. Do you think I will have problems with dex?
"
yeknod wrote:
Thinking of doing this as my league starter in delve. I want to start using caustic arrow as soon as possible. Do you think I will have problems with dex?

definitely
level 6 already requires 50 dex - so plan to take at least one of the +30 dex nodes on the tree or hope to finde gear with dex
How the reworked CA works now? I mean before you needed +3 skill for it from bow, do you still need that or?
"
This seems like it has the potential to be extremely strong in 3.4 (with the potential of also running scourge arrow). Has anyone theorycrafted this?

3.3 T16 lvl 25 caustic arrow(lvl 21 gem and +4 tabula) using a quill rain and mirage archer support
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adJoDqKqKwI
Now consider that caustic arrow is now over twice as strong. 1714.8 base Chaos damage per second at gem level 20, compared to old ca's 765, and the videos dps from level is 1262.1. lvl 25 new ca should do around 2143.5 dps.

CA looks like its going to be both very strong and a good ssf build as a life variant. You can farm a 6l porcupine card and chance a 6l quill rain. and you don't need the +4 tabula anymore freeing up the chest slot to use a farmed tabula from ba, and upgrading to a better chest in the future once you get it linked. and that's if you just want to not have to focus on attacking so much.

The one annoying thing now is that since CA is now caustic ground instead of cloud, it no longer kills flying enemies, just have to kite around though no biggie.
Last edited by SilkySnow_ on Aug 31, 2018, 3:47:04 AM
I can't choose between this and Pathfinder versions!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info