[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

"
1971Baker wrote:

Instead i run a CWDT with Enfeeble/Immortal call and Increased duration.
Im an old man so i need the half second longer to react to damagespikes that Immortal call gives me.

Remove Increased Duration gem, it does nothing, add Frostwall gem without quality(quality adds duaration and it will be annoying).CwdT-Immortal Call-Enfeeble-Frostwall.No more problem from projecties.Thank me later.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Sep 14, 2018, 2:22:15 PM
"
Spacecom wrote:
"
1971Baker wrote:

Instead i run a CWDT with Enfeeble/Immortal call and Increased duration.
Im an old man so i need the half second longer to react to damagespikes that Immortal call gives me.

Remove Increased Duration gem, it does nothing, add Frostwall gem without quality(quality adds duaration and it will be annoying).CwdT-Immortal Call-Enfeeble-Frostwall.No more problem from projecties.Thank me later.

Can't say that i have a problem with projectiles, and it does something. Maybe Frostwall is better anyway though. I'll try it out, thanks for the tip.
The Proximity Shield minion is better than frostwall for the purposes that I put it in the build for. The main reason I added it to the build was for the Shaper fight where it blocks a good majority of the mechanics. Outside of that it's just a bubble you can duck into when you get on low health. I also dislike the idea of CWDT frostwall as it means I've already needed to take damage to summon the wall to reduce damage.
"
1971Baker wrote:

I have tried a couple of times to run with spectres and they arent worth it in my opinion. Ran Diabolist and The Shield dude but they die all the time. Cannot take the beating me and my Zombies take.

Are you re-raising the spectres using desecrate in a higher tier map after acquiring them? They spawn at the level in which act or map you raise them in initially. I raised them in a level 77 map and they almost never die, currently farming T-10 & 11 maps.
Killed Guardians + Shaper. Hydra and Phoenix are cancer because there is so much elemental dmg arround. And at shaper you have to respawn zombies after each beam/ball phase because they die like nothing. I mean if they stay alive, they melt shaper. If they are in then shaper melt them^^But its fine for the ammount of currency this build needs. Great build. Was my first necro and enjoyed it.
Last edited by pyroisback on Sep 21, 2018, 3:21:29 PM
"
djfiend wrote:
"
1971Baker wrote:

I have tried a couple of times to run with spectres and they arent worth it in my opinion. Ran Diabolist and The Shield dude but they die all the time. Cannot take the beating me and my Zombies take.
Are you re-raising the spectres using desecrate in a higher tier map after acquiring them? They spawn at the level in which act or map you raise them in initially. I raised them in a level 77 map and they almost never die, currently farming T-10 & 11 maps.

I ll add some more tricks into this.
Easy trick: Do a guardian map and hope you get a master that opens a new area or a trial.Those areas are always 1 level higher than the current area so it will be lvl 84, raise spectre there.
Rich guy's trick: open shaper realm raise spectre.
(Super) lucky trick:Go on a guardian or tier 16 map, hope you get Zana, choose the T17 map, hope you get a master(easier if the higher tier map zana opens has the mission complete another masters mission) or a trial on that map, join the new area!!!Before the Delve update this required extreme luck cause you couldnt choose what tier map Zana will open.
Last edited by Spacecom on Sep 23, 2018, 9:15:42 AM
"
Your Spectres and Auras are now saved when you log out or are disconnected.
Spectres no longer have their level reduced to the level of the area they are in. Instead, the level of a Spectre is now based on the lowest of either the level of the monster they were raised from, or the maximum level allowed by the skill gem used. This is now indicated on the skill gem.

Is this incorrect then? From https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Raise_Spectre
It is correct, a lvl20 raise spectre gem can raise if given a lvl 100 spectre.Can you find a lvl100 corpse? No. So now it becomes only matter what's the highest level corpse you can find assuming you have lvl20 gem.Well the highest you can find is 85 I think.Open tier 16 map, thats level 83, find Zana choose 1 tier higher map that's t17 or lvl84 with master mission in or trial, that will open area of t18 or lvl85.I hope I am right in my calculations. You know , Inception style, leonardo Dicaprio. You should also always carry the monsters you would like to raise already raised in those higher level areas so desecrate has more possibilities to create the corresponding corpse. Also linking desecrate with spell cascade support helps for raising spectres.
Last edited by Spacecom on Sep 23, 2018, 4:43:29 PM
"
pyroisback wrote:
Killed Guardians + Shaper. Hydra and Phoenix are cancer because there is so much elemental dmg arround. And at shaper you have to respawn zombies after each beam/ball phase because they die like nothing. I mean if they stay alive, they melt shaper. If they are in then shaper melt them^^But its fine for the ammount of currency this build needs. Great build. Was my first necro and enjoyed it.
This is sadly an inherent problem for that fight. I recommend swapping Skeletons to your 6-link and zombies to your helmet for this one. It gives them a bit more life, lower mana cost and allows you to worry about them a bit less. It also means you'll be more reliant off of skeletons, but they come out much faster and matter far less when they die. It will also give you larger burst off Vaal Summon for that fight.

This advice also applies to Uber Atziri and Uber Elder. Although not mandatory for Uber Atziri, it will make the fight less annoying as your zombies can still one-shot themselves on the Mirror phase.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Sep 24, 2018, 11:56:29 AM
I'm not sure I understand why you aren't running Herald of Purity for the More Minion Damage it gives, along with the additional minions themselves.

Isn't this a BIS gem for all minion builds now? (at least those that do direct damage from the player, not just the minions)
Last edited by jaredh on Sep 28, 2018, 5:05:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info