[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

"
jaredh wrote:
I'm not sure I understand why you aren't running Herald of Purity for the More Minion Damage it gives, along with the additional minions themselves.

Isn't this a BIS gem for all minion builds now? (at least those that do direct damage from the player, not just the minions)

The minion damage on herald of purity only applies to the sentinels the skill summons, not your zombies or skeletons unfortunately.
"
Sulzanti wrote:
"
jaredh wrote:
I'm not sure I understand why you aren't running Herald of Purity for the More Minion Damage it gives, along with the additional minions themselves.

Isn't this a BIS gem for all minion builds now? (at least those that do direct damage from the player, not just the minions)

The minion damage on herald of purity only applies to the sentinels the skill summons, not your zombies or skeletons unfortunately.

Seriously? And it reserves that much mana anyway?

"
jaredh wrote:
"
Sulzanti wrote:
"
jaredh wrote:

Seriously? And it reserves that much mana anyway?

Tested it for the bonus minions and they aren't bad, but it isn't worth the eHP loss from the extra reserve. The more/increased minion damage on herald is sadly local only to the herald minions. The general reason it reserves what it does is because it is fantastic for most attack builds as they almost all want flat physical added damage.
This build is really great. I do wish the first page had:

1 - levelling trees
2 - ascendency plan (I can't find this anywhere in the entire thread!!!)
3 - spectre ouline

1 & 3 are on various pages, but it would be great for it to all be in the first page (optimally the first post)
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, 36 pages is a lot to trawl through just in case - Why not use animated guardian with some choice uniques? Would the damage boost not be ridiculous? For example swap out Summon holy relic for him, especially if you run with Severed in Sleep, which should more than make up for the minion life regen? Leer Cast and Dying Breath should up your minion's damage considerably, and if you give him Zahndethu's Cassock or Ambu's Charge on top of that the consecrated ground/life regen should give you a whole lot of added minion survivability.

Two other brief questions

- Why the spectres since Victario's Charity gives your minions frenzy charges anyway (could swap them out for Animated Guardian if you wanted to keep Summon holy relic)?

- Why go for Master of the Arena/Bravery on the Tree? I don't see the utility beside the added strength which you ought to be able to get somewhere else.

Apologies if these have been covered! Many thanks!
Last edited by Rosemont on Oct 5, 2018, 9:51:44 AM
"
Rosemont wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, 36 pages is a lot to trawl through just in case - Why not use animated guardian with some choice uniques? Would the damage boost not be ridiculous? For example swap out Summon holy relic for him, especially if you run with Severed in Sleep, which should more than make up for the minion life regen? Leer Cast and Dying Breath should up your minion's damage considerably, and if you give him Zahndethu's Cassock or Ambu's Charge on top of that the consecrated ground/life regen should give you a whole lot of added minion survivability.

Two other brief questions

- Why the spectres since Victario's Charity gives your minions frenzy charges anyway (could swap them out for Animated Guardian if you wanted to keep Summon holy relic)?

- Why go for Master of the Arena/Bravery on the Tree? I don't see the utility beside the added strength which you ought to be able to get somewhere else.

Apologies if these have been covered! Many thanks!

You can use Animated Guardian if you'd like. Though I prefer not to as it tends to not add the utility of other options. It is more damage for your minions than any of the other options listed above. Minion damage isn't really a problem the build has, nor does the guardian add that much. The guardian adds roughly 3-5% damage to your minions if you are using Enfeeble (which I recommend.) If you are using a Damage curse like Ele Weakness or Vulnerability then it adds around 8-10% more damage. However there are a couple of drawbacks to this, mainly that it only effects what is nearby the guardian so it isn't up on every all the time.

The big problem with guardian is the slots needed to use it. As with your suggestions you'd either remove holy relic or Spectres. Both of these are there for your benefit as the summoner and not your minions mainly. The regen from the Holy Relic is 6%(roughly) of your max life at max level and is almost always active. The spectres allow for you to cast a curse and a protection bubble on a single gem socket. They can be replaced but you will need to manually apply the curse and you wont have a safe space against some bosses like shaper.

Master of the Arena and Bravery are just the most efficient way to pickup strength, life and life regen out of those few points. If you can find a more efficient pathing please post it and I will gladly update the tree.

It will need to provide 40 points of strength, 1% life regen and 18% maximum life in 6 nodes.
So I finally spawned a T15 Elder. It was time to turn this retarded build into full meme mode.So I present: video deathless,potionless,moveless T15 Elder

Thanks for your build dude.Sorry for memeing it.

You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Oct 6, 2018, 6:56:01 PM
"
Spacecom wrote:
So I finally spawned a T15 Elder. It was time to turn this retarded build into full meme mode.So I present: video deathless,potionless,moveless T15 Elder

Thanks for your build dude.Sorry for memeing it.

No apology needed. I quite enjoy this.
What kind of delves are we gettting too? I'm SSF, but have most of the necessary gear. Downed shaper...considering switching to trade league to polish the character some.
wouldnt empower lvl 3+ be better than ruthless?

Level 21 raise zombies with lvl 3 even better lvl 4 empower?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info