[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

"
Spacecom wrote:
Strenght Implicit on amulet and belt go up to 30 and 35(you can fix this with blessed orbs which are cheap).Astramentis wont be much help at the moment cause it will give only slightly more strenght than your rare. You need to look for elder chest with %strenght increase, resists and open prefix(or is ti suffix?) for +1 zombie craft. I dont know why you have problems with the int requirements, checked your tree?And yes you need to upgrade 1 ring.
The reason they have int problems is because they are missing the 96-116 from the Astramentis and with 3 brawns that could be up to 48% less intel.
Aurumvorax with all 75 res or Severed in Sleep with 30-50%?
Last edited by cilader on Sep 6, 2018, 2:03:16 PM
"
cilader wrote:
Aurumvorax with all 75 res or Severed in Sleep with 30-50%?
Maxing out your res is always the most important thing you do with this build. Aurumvorax until you can use Severed while having 75/75/75.
I'm a little confused about which Passive Tree to follow. Is it this one below or is it the one on page one? They are not the same :(

"
TokeMcBong wrote:
Alright Update 3.4 PoB link with my current standard gear/build. There may be tweaking in coming weeks, but for now this is what I am building towards.

3.4 updated tree
https://pastebin.com/dV0qcadL
http://poeurl.com/b3ZH

Spectre Recommendation
I recommend 1 Undying Evangelist from dominus tower act 3. It will give you Proximity Shield allowing you to negate many boss mechanics. The second spectre is a choice for you to make as it applies the curse for the build.

Diabolist - Casts Enfeeble - located in Act 1 Upper Prison (This is my recommended one)
Merveil's Chosen - Casts Vulnerability - located in Act 1 The Ship Graveyard
Merveil's Chosen - Casts Temporal Chains - located in act 1 The Ship Graveyard Cave

Options for replacements for expensive/legacy slots.

1. Weapon
I recommend Severed in Sleep for the build due to the Strength and Minion damage it adds. Other options are in a post on the previous page.

2. Chest
Any rare chest will work, all you need is Maximum Life, Strength, an Open Prefix(for catarina crafting) and ideally any resists you might want. Links are the last thing you'll worry about for this slot as the build can clear t15 maps with a 4-link Chest and Helmet. Keep your zombies in your helmet until you have a 5 link, or more, chest.

3. Neck
Any rare amulet with decent dexterity will work in the interim, however I will strongly recommend saving for an Astramentis asap.

4. Belt
Headhunter is in no way mandatory, though it is the best in slot for this build. Second best thing is going to be a good Stygian Vise with strength+life+res. Third option is The Magnate unique belt.

5. Gloves
Meginord's Vise are probably the next best option for gloves after Shaper's Touch. You'll have much less effective health through Mind over matter, but it gives you much needed early strength and some bonus life regen.

Gem links

Chest 6L
Raise Zombie (ideally level 21) > Multistrike > Minion Damage > Melee Physical > Concentrated Effect > Ruthless

Helmet 4L
Vaal Summon Skeletons (ideally 20/20, 20/0 will also work. 21/20 if you're in standard.) > Maim > Minion Damage > Melee Physical Damage

Other two 4 Links
Raise Spectre (Ideally 21)> Smite(Ideally 21) > Generosity > Increased Duration

Desecreate > Spirit Offering > Summon Stone Golem (ideally 21) > Summon Holy Relic

Remaining 3 links
Shield Charge > Faster Attacks > Fortify

Clarity(ideally 21, can be vaal) > Purity of Elements > Enlighten (ideally 4)

These are the preliminary gem setups I am working with right now. I will possibly tweak these in the next few days if I find a more optimal combination.
"
KCCO wrote:
I'm a little confused about which Passive Tree to follow. Is it this one below or is it the one on page one? They are not the same :(

"
TokeMcBong wrote:
Alright Update 3.4 PoB link with my current standard gear/build. There may be tweaking in coming weeks, but for now this is what I am building towards.

3.4 updated tree
https://pastebin.com/dV0qcadL
http://poeurl.com/b3ZH

Spectre Recommendation
I recommend 1 Undying Evangelist from dominus tower act 3. It will give you Proximity Shield allowing you to negate many boss mechanics. The second spectre is a choice for you to make as it applies the curse for the build.

Diabolist - Casts Enfeeble - located in Act 1 Upper Prison (This is my recommended one)
Merveil's Chosen - Casts Vulnerability - located in Act 1 The Ship Graveyard
Merveil's Chosen - Casts Temporal Chains - located in act 1 The Ship Graveyard Cave

Options for replacements for expensive/legacy slots.

1. Weapon
I recommend Severed in Sleep for the build due to the Strength and Minion damage it adds. Other options are in a post on the previous page.

2. Chest
Any rare chest will work, all you need is Maximum Life, Strength, an Open Prefix(for catarina crafting) and ideally any resists you might want. Links are the last thing you'll worry about for this slot as the build can clear t15 maps with a 4-link Chest and Helmet. Keep your zombies in your helmet until you have a 5 link, or more, chest.

3. Neck
Any rare amulet with decent dexterity will work in the interim, however I will strongly recommend saving for an Astramentis asap.

4. Belt
Headhunter is in no way mandatory, though it is the best in slot for this build. Second best thing is going to be a good Stygian Vise with strength+life+res. Third option is The Magnate unique belt.

5. Gloves
Meginord's Vise are probably the next best option for gloves after Shaper's Touch. You'll have much less effective health through Mind over matter, but it gives you much needed early strength and some bonus life regen.

Gem links

Chest 6L
Raise Zombie (ideally level 21) > Multistrike > Minion Damage > Melee Physical > Concentrated Effect > Ruthless

Helmet 4L
Vaal Summon Skeletons (ideally 20/20, 20/0 will also work. 21/20 if you're in standard.) > Maim > Minion Damage > Melee Physical Damage

Other two 4 Links
Raise Spectre (Ideally 21)> Smite(Ideally 21) > Generosity > Increased Duration

Desecreate > Spirit Offering > Summon Stone Golem (ideally 21) > Summon Holy Relic

Remaining 3 links
Shield Charge > Faster Attacks > Fortify

Clarity(ideally 21, can be vaal) > Purity of Elements > Enlighten (ideally 4)

These are the preliminary gem setups I am working with right now. I will possibly tweak these in the next few days if I find a more optimal combination.

I'd recommend the one in the spoiler above, however I will check with Orange as these should be identical.
Heya, so I've leveled with this build and put my own spin on it and was wondering what you guys think.

Basically, Smite + Avatar of Fire + Elemental Equilibrium + Wrath.

So no MoM, but Smite and Wrath should work together (Wrath increasing the damage from the smite aura) and with avatar of fire it gets boosted even more.

It just so happens that one of the Embalmer/Necromancer mobs also use Conductivity.

Skeletons scale ridiculously with flat damage by the way.

Let me know what you think. You can look at my profile to see what I mean.
"
DieKao wrote:
Heya, so I've leveled with this build and put my own spin on it and was wondering what you guys think.

So no MoM, but Smite and Wrath should work together (Wrath increasing the damage from the smite aura) and with avatar of fire it gets boosted even more.

It just so happens that one of the Embalmer/Necromancer mobs also use Conductivity.

This sounds like a completely different build entirely. It also sounds like it doesn't really work.

Avatar of Fire for you personally will not affect the damage of your minions in any way.

Avatar of Fire from Earendal's Embrace is a giant damage loss for the scenario you mentioned unless you are running 2 of them. If you are running 2 of them then you aren't running the shield this build does and you're going to respec the tree.

If you are using Avatar of Fire from dual Earandel's, and it must be dual to get full 100% conversion, you'd get more damage from Anger.

Conductivity will also do nothing for you as you "Deal no non-fire damage" according to avatar of fire. So your minions with avatar of fire would need Flammability instead.

Biggest issue is that Earendal's only works on skeletons which only make up 35-40% of your total minions and only around 25% of your total boss damage. Buffing them at the cost of zombie damage is counterproductive to the way the build currently functions and appears to be a damage loss.

Also big note, your characters aren't set to public so I cannot see your tree and gear to confirm these details based on what you are using.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Sep 7, 2018, 2:03:45 AM
***Update****
New best in slot weapon for league is a Delve Fossil rolled mace or sword. There is a mod for potentially over 80% minion damage. This can be paired with strength and "Auras from your skills grant 2% increased damage to you and allies" mod for a very strong one-handed weapon. This is a better option than severed in sleep previously mentioned.

Last edited by TokeMcBong on Sep 7, 2018, 2:04:06 AM
"
DieKao wrote:

I agree with everything Toke stated above.
I do, however, commend your usage of smite with the minions. It's a ton of added damage, and they scale well off of it. However, wrath only increases spell damage. Your minions (aside from a very few from Vaal Summon Skeletons) exclusively attack to deal damage, meaning that they only get the flat damage off of wrath, not the %more lightning damage.

In addition to this, I recommend you re-read Avatar of Fire, very carefully. It does not add 50% of all damage as extra fire damage. It converts half of all non-chaos damage into fire damage, and throws the rest away. If you don't have a way to convert the rest into fire, it is cutting your damage in half.

If you're interested in making a skeleton-heavy, added lightning damage-focused build, you might try looking at an existing skeleton build, such as this
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1949867
You can then modernize it, and maybe make it your own a little bit.

This build focuses on the titanic amount of damage that zombies can give you. The skeletons are largely to place in front of you as meat-shields during high-pace mapping, and to deal with the very few bosses that can kill your zombies.

Finally, I recommend MoM very, VERY highly. The amount of survivability gained by running it is... immense.
Sorry for my english. But what maps do you make with this build now without problem? And how deep in the mines?
Last edited by Dogmatick on Sep 7, 2018, 4:09:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info