[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

Firstly, fantastic build! Loving every moment of it.

Just wondering, what are your thoughts on using Carnage Chieftain and Host Chieftain Specters to gain Power/Frenzy charges for allies instead of using Victarios Charity? You could then use some other shield or just drop Necromantic Aegis?
"
KCCO wrote:
Firstly, fantastic build! Loving every moment of it.

Just wondering, what are your thoughts on using Carnage Chieftain and Host Chieftain Specters to gain Power/Frenzy charges for allies instead of using Victarios Charity? You could then use some other shield or just drop Necromantic Aegis?
I have thought of this. While it isn't a terrible idea it is a drastic change in the tree as you'll need to pick up around 70 strength that you would lose by changing the pathing. At that point as well you are better off going two-hander using Femurs of the Saints. I personally don't like to go down this path as the clear speed drops slightly losing shield charge, plus boss dps goes down from zombies starting to miss.. That being said it is a great option.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Sep 3, 2018, 9:09:50 PM
is the build no longer using CWDT anymore? or convocation? just want to make sure I'm seeing the whole picture right.
"
Cashhiller wrote:
is the build no longer using CWDT anymore? or convocation? just want to make sure I'm seeing the whole picture right.
You are correct, I am currently not running with either of those anymore.
thank you for the response, do you feel anything is really important to do before getting rid of CWDT or convocate like Qzombies or anythign else? really enjoying the build so far btw.
"
Cashhiller wrote:
thank you for the response, do you feel anything is really important to do before getting rid of CWDT or convocate like Qzombies or anythign else? really enjoying the build so far btw.

Only zombies suffer from low life, so convocation if it is required, is only for the zombies.My life variant build had zombies at 25k life without minion life.MoM variant has it around 12k life. Skeletons don't need convocation since you can spam them, stone golem doesnt require convocation because it has huge life, same with animated guardian and spectres.I even go further and link as this: stone golem- animated guardian-empower lvl3/4- culling strike 4L
and 2L spectre-minion life
2L desecrate-offering
check it out:

So the life leech and life regeneration from tree nodes + golem is enough for the zombies. All the above make convocation useless.
I used to have cwdt-enfeeble but now I have the Diabolic spectre that casts enfeeble itself so the build is even so far, but gets more with proximity shield from the 2nd spectre "Undying Evangelist".Personally I dont need it but with that bubble and Evangelist's second spell the build "feels" very colorful LMAO, so why not?
I have a T13 red Elder deathless without using potions or moving, or even having the minor gods that allow regeneration while stationary. I also have a t13 Core Malachai deathless prety relaxed (I DID NOT EXPECT THAT AT ALL) with these mods!!!:

So to answer your question no, there is nothing important t odo than just leave the cwdt set up and improve.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Sep 4, 2018, 6:22:22 PM
CWDT as a link setup was always a personal preference for those that thought zombies were slow, or those that found that zombies had a hard time staying alive. It was never mandatory to the build, and was only recommended as an option. The core of the build is strong enough for your changes and adaptations. Stack strength to 1200-1500, run baron, have zombies in your biggest link (hopefully a 6-l, but at this point in league, you could be doing yellow maps on 4-l only), vaal summon skeles as a 4-l, victario's charity+necromantic aegis, and shield charge around for fortify. You can clear pretty high, pretty reliably with this core concept. min-maxing from there depends on choices you've made, and is largely to make the build feel better to you. If you liked having the CWDT link, keep playing with it. I promise, it's fine. Play what you like to play, not what a build guide tells you to play. That said, I'm about to spend the next couple of hours revisiting the guide, rewording things, and making changes to reflect the new league.
Last edited by Orangeuglad on Sep 4, 2018, 11:20:47 PM

Thoughts on what I should upgrade? I have 2 Efficient Training and 2 Brawn but can't use another Brawn due to int requirements. 1014 total strength. Thinking of getting a well rolled Astramentis but it would be a rather large investment for a relatively small amount of strength. Rings might be a better investment. Opinions?
Strenght Implicit on amulet and belt go up to 30 and 35(you can fix this with blessed orbs which are cheap).Astramentis wont be much help at the moment cause it will give only slightly more strenght than your rare. You need to look for elder chest with %strenght increase, resists and open prefix(or is ti suffix?) for +1 zombie craft. I dont know why you have problems with the int requirements, checked your tree?And yes you need to upgrade 1 ring.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Sep 6, 2018, 10:54:49 AM
"

Thoughts on what I should upgrade? I have 2 Efficient Training and 2 Brawn but can't use another Brawn due to int requirements. 1014 total strength. Thinking of getting a well rolled Astramentis but it would be a rather large investment for a relatively small amount of strength. Rings might be a better investment. Opinions?
Astramentis will allow you to use the third brawn because it will give you the Intel you need. It also gives you a bit more strength and a bit more life through the dex because of shaper's touch. You also need to upgrade your ruby ring to one that has decent life + strength. You'll also want to possibly re-roll that chest until you have strength on that as well.

So here is my list of importance.

1. Astramentis
2. Ring with strength and the res you need
3. Chest with strength and any res you need.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info