[3.6] Fire Elemental Hit Deadeye - Budget - Endgame

Huge thanks for sharing that build. Here's my version, pretty low on health (can be fixed by using Kaom's) but with really good shaper dps (around 4.5kk) without lioneye's fall and xoph's blood (and some crazy frostferno corruptions as well), made it in nearly 11-12ex (got lucky with quiver), AoE setup in quill rain and chin sol in swap for boss dps. Here's pastebin for PoB: https://pastebin.com/dJ2NAPZZ
"
NarberalGamma wrote:
Huge thanks for sharing that build. Here's my version, pretty low on health (can be fixed by using Kaom's) but with really good shaper dps (around 4.5kk) without lioneye's fall and xoph's blood (and some crazy frostferno corruptions as well), made it in nearly 11-12ex (got lucky with quiver), AoE setup in quill rain and chin sol in swap for boss dps. Here's pastebin for PoB: https://pastebin.com/dJ2NAPZZ

you can save 3 points by specing out of vitality void and get 1 mana node south of heartseaker. its more then enough
"
Faldrath wrote:
I've killed Uber Elder for the first time! Took me 3 sets, since I had never even tried him before, but I'm sure I'll get better with experience. Level 93, here's the gear in case people are curious:

Spoiler

As you can see, nothing too extreme, no crazy corruptions, some gems not fully leveled, none of the rare items cost more than 30c, if I remember correctly. I am not using Lioneye's Fall, using that rare jewel instead (and another with only %life+crit multi). I used haste+arctic armour as auras. 2 seething life flasks, wise oak, diamond and quicksilver.

If I can do it, so can you :)

Congrats man, must feel great! This is the reason I chose this spec over quick map farmers, I really want to kill Uber Elder & this feels like the best chance to do it. I see quite a few people sing arctic armor even though it's not listed in the build guide. Is that just to help you be not so squishy?

Also, do you use HoA for mapping/clearing or no? I was thinking of rocking HoA/Haste for mapping & then Haste by itself for bossing & now after reading all these, maybe arctic armour as well.
"
Yagulare wrote:

Due to avatar of fire and dealing only fire dmg, you need only fire res to be highest :)

Thanks man, appreciate the quick response :)
"
Tanaomit wrote:

Congrats man, must feel great! This is the reason I chose this spec over quick map farmers, I really want to kill Uber Elder & this feels like the best chance to do it. I see quite a few people sing arctic armor even though it's not listed in the build guide. Is that just to help you be not so squishy?

Also, do you use HoA for mapping/clearing or no? I was thinking of rocking HoA/Haste for mapping & then Haste by itself for bossing & now after reading all these, maybe arctic armour as well.

Thanks :) Honestly my normal setup for general mapping is simply Haste+Enfeeble (with Blasphemy). I never used HoA. I chose Arctic Armour instead of Enfeeble for the boss fight firstly because of the lowered curse effectiveness on bosses, secondly because even with Enfeeble, getting hit in that fight almost always means dying anyway. AA at least helps to chill the adds.

Do watch the videos linked in the first post, because that's what you need to do. Keep moving, shoot to keep mirage archer up, dps Shaper when he does the beam, dps the Elder whenever you can do it safely. In my experience the main difference from the videos was that my dps wasn't high enough to kill the null portals quickly with the AoE setup, so I needed to run close to them to single-target them quickly - which adds quite a lot of stress. And, since the dps is lower, you do need to try to place the void zones safely out of your way, because you'll have more of them. But, as I said, in the end it took only 3 sets - I expected it to take many more!
Can anyone take a look at my profile. I don't get where to get more damage, at the moment POB is showing 2,5kk. I'm missing few gems levels, maybe better quiver or better jewels, but I don't think it could provide another 2kk damage, does it?

Here is POB in case needed - https://pastebin.com/qDb4La7k

Thank you for help.

P.S I do no damage to Phoenix, should it be so because of his fire resistance? Let's say Hydra is easy as butter
Last edited by Padashuruar on Jul 10, 2018, 3:54:06 PM
"
Faldrath wrote:

Thanks :) Honestly my normal setup for general mapping is simply Haste+Enfeeble (with Blasphemy). I never used HoA. I chose Arctic Armour instead of Enfeeble for the boss fight firstly because of the lowered curse effectiveness on bosses, secondly because even with Enfeeble, getting hit in that fight almost always means dying anyway. AA at least helps to chill the adds.

Do watch the videos linked in the first post, because that's what you need to do. Keep moving, shoot to keep mirage archer up, dps Shaper when he does the beam, dps the Elder whenever you can do it safely. In my experience the main difference from the videos was that my dps wasn't high enough to kill the null portals quickly with the AoE setup, so I needed to run close to them to single-target them quickly - which adds quite a lot of stress. And, since the dps is lower, you do need to try to place the void zones safely out of your way, because you'll have more of them. But, as I said, in the end it took only 3 sets - I expected it to take many more!

Interesting, thanks for the tips man, appreciate it. Question again as well, I'm leveling with a tab & plan on using Kaom's eventually, so a linked chest is irrelevant for me. Seeing as Kaom's is like multiple ex & I would rather buy a Frostferno first, do you think it would be worth it to buy an unsocketed/unlinked Loreweave to fill the gap until then, or is Tab enough?
"
Tanaomit wrote:

Interesting, thanks for the tips man, appreciate it. Question again as well, I'm leveling with a tab & plan on using Kaom's eventually, so a linked chest is irrelevant for me. Seeing as Kaom's is like multiple ex & I would rather buy a Frostferno first, do you think it would be worth it to buy an unsocketed/unlinked Loreweave to fill the gap until then, or is Tab enough?

I got lucky and had the prophecy for Frostferno, so I could invest my currency into Kaom's (and I had a rare 6L armor from my previous character that I could use). I wouldn't suggest going into higher maps with a tabula - when I was leveling, I hit a rough spot in my 70s where I had the dps to go higher but didn't have the survivability, so I died more often than I would have liked. An unlinked Loreweave might be enough, or I guess even an unlinked rare armor with a ton of life and resists.
Does IC have to be level 1? Or can you do lvl 3 IC with lvl 1 cwdt? Reason I ask is I got mine to level 2 by accident & it has 20% on it. Wondering if I should get a new 0% one & stay at 1/1.

Or even 5 IC/3 CWDT?
Last edited by Tanaomit on Jul 10, 2018, 8:07:48 PM
Sorry for such a noob question, but what does Call of the Brotherhood do if you aren't dealing cold or lightning? How does it work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info