[3.6] Fire Elemental Hit Deadeye - Budget - Endgame

Cold is less clear and damage. But its super safe for delves.
"Hodor", said Hodor
Hi Guys/Lads,

so maybe i am a bit dumb, but can someone post the prefered links without frostferno?
Well i know what i should use in my Bow, but somehow i cannot really figure out what i should wear in my other slots (e.g. helmet)

OP wrote it in the Gem section, but for me it is not really clear what should be linked together (except of Immortal Call and CWDT)

Would help me a lot, cause i started to change from Caustic Arrow to this build, but do not really know which links are "mandatory" besides the Elemental hit Gem Setup
6L Chin Sol or 6L Quill Rain?
"
Retrosaur wrote:
6L Chin Sol or 6L Quill Rain?

"
- Quill Rain: high AoE clear speed
- Chin Sol: highest dps vs. monsters at close range

What pantheons do you guys use? Arakaali and what? I'm currently using Garukhan...
Last edited by Edeka on Sep 10, 2018, 4:51:12 AM
Ok so maybe I'm really stupid and am missing something glaringly obvious here but there is something I don't understand about the build.

We use the Pyre and Call of the Brotherhood to basically conver 40% of the non fire hits (since elemental hit rolls randomly) into fire and then avatar of fire converts 50% so we only leave 10% wasted. That much I understand.

What I don't understand is what is the use of the threshold jewels. First they need 40 strengh and int/dex which none of the jewel sockets on the tree have, unless the text is really poorly worded and it means a combination of both strength + int/dex going to a total of 40. However that being the case then there is no need for the rings because the elemental hit can only roll the fire damage at that point. Even avatar of fire is unnecessary.

So what I can see is that either the threeshold jewels don't do anything aside for extra elemental damage which I'd assume a decent rolled jewel would just be plain superior or both the pyre and call of the brotherhood + avatar of fire are unnecessary since the jewels already ensure only fire damage is rolled.

However I feel that I may be missing something really important in the middle of all this so if I could get someone to tell me what is going on here, I'd appreciate it.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
Elhazzared wrote:
Ok so maybe I'm really stupid and am missing something glaringly obvious here but there is something I don't understand about the build.

What I don't understand is what is the use of the threshold jewels. First they need 40 strengh and int/dex which none of the jewel sockets on the tree have, unless the text is really poorly worded and it means a combination of both strength + int/dex going to a total of 40. However that being the case then there is no need for the rings because the elemental hit can only roll the fire damage at that point. Even avatar of fire is unnecessary.

However I feel that I may be missing something really important in the middle of all this so if I could get someone to tell me what is going on here, I'd appreciate it.

The jewel requirements (depending on which color) are:

- To have at least 40 strength OR intelligence (total) in range.

Note, this is not 40 strength and 40 intelligence, this is 40 total stat in either strength or intelligence. So if there are two strength nodes in range and two intelligence nodes, you get 2*10 + 2*10 = 20 + 20 = 40. Another note, it doesn't even have to be allocated, as long as the required stats are in range, regardless if you have skillpoints on them, you will receive the effects of the threshold jewel.

AoF just adds more damage.
"
Retrosaur wrote:

Note, this is not 40 strength and 40 intelligence, this is 40 total stat in either strength or intelligence. So if there are two strength nodes in range and two intelligence nodes, you get 2*10 + 2*10 = 20 + 20 = 40. Another note, it doesn't even have to be allocated, as long as the required stats are in range, regardless if you have skillpoints on them, you will receive the effects of the threshold jewel.

I see, so it's just thw jewel being poorly worded in that regard. In which case, considering that elemental hit can only roll fire damage, what is the point of having fire conversions through avatar of fire, call of the brotherhood and pyre? You are already dealing full fire damage after all.

Wait, I've been reading the gem in PoE wiki... If I'm reading that right, does it means that the triple damage is converted into fire and only then the fire is selected so you are actually gaining a ridiculous damage from there?
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Last edited by Elhazzared on Sep 10, 2018, 6:58:39 AM
3 Million dps with budget gear is an obvious lie.
"
Altoga wrote:
3 Million dps with budget gear is an obvious lie.

Well Ele hit got hit by nerf. Still it's solid and useful skill.

What Minor Pantheon God you guys use? I went with Soul of Ryslatha.
"
Elhazzared wrote:
"
Retrosaur wrote:

I see, so it's just thw jewel being poorly worded in that regard. In which case, considering that elemental hit can only roll fire damage, what is the point of having fire conversions through avatar of fire, call of the brotherhood and pyre? You are already dealing full fire damage after all.

Wait, I've been reading the gem in PoE wiki... If I'm reading that right, does it means that the triple damage is converted into fire and only then the fire is selected so you are actually gaining a ridiculous damage from there?

Yes you're reading that right. The triple flat is converted into fire, which is then selected. Which was so op that they nerfed the jewels to what you see now, with the reduced damage line. Without the conversion you'll only be doing the flat fire dmg from the jewel.
Last edited by shaunleo on Sep 10, 2018, 9:53:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info