[3.8]RED DRAGON League Starter // 1ex Uber Elder Down

Premise
"
After some nerf/change I decidec to don't update this thread, to dedicate myself to new builds.

Thinking about the upcoming blight league i decide to resume this build.

If you wanna start the league and be able to do shaper and his guardians (even Uber Elder if you are skilled) with 100c ish investment this build is for you.

OFC there are infinite room to improve/min max/personaliza your gear.

Why Champion/Why Blade Flurry/Why Blooseeker
Champion allow us to get 100% chance to hit without any waste of points on the tree or currency for gear.
Have also a good defensive layers like armour/evasion , life regen, less damage taken from taunted enemies and stun immunity.

Bloodseeker is the core to get isntant leech, is the base of our tankyness.
Plus defensive things from champion if you dont get one-shot you cant die.

Blade flurry for single target is one of the best dps skill (at least for me), has a nice attack speed so we can give the best leech since istant leech eas nefed. More attack per second more leech (60k ish leech per second)

Videos
Spoiler

Did also some videos during levelling/early league under "levelling section"

POB of these video -> https://pastebin.com/zwJ53RQ7

[3.8]My first Phoenix deathless (60c ish gear)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMCx4aaednI&t=1s

[3.8]My first Shaper - worst gear ever, under 100c cost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btThZxsrUcQ&feature=youtu.be

[3.8]First Uber Elder (shitty gear) not deathless
POB: https://pastebin.com/YG8KUAAa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPvG3UrkdRE&feature=youtu.be

[3.8] Uber Elder Carry 1ex gear always
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdGLVbcI4O0&feature=youtu.be

PRO

+Tank
+Super Cheap
+League starter
+Almost all contente wiht 1ex investment
+Very large room to improve the gear
+Istant leech
+No Vaal Pact

CON

-No ref / no leech maps
-Budget, no t1 dps

Gear

POB: https://pastebin.com/b5UhwqWp
Spoiler

-Current bloodsseker price is 5c
-Bringer of rain is around 1c
-Belt of deceiver 1c
-Rare rings 5c each
-Kaom root 1/5c - or rare boot is like 10c
-Amulet 5/10c
-For flask its like 10c for all
-Jewels can be "expecive" like 20-40c each

[3.8 gear] (first shaper / uber elder kill)
Spoiler

Gear talk alone: no jewels, shitty rares and cheppest unique

On Uber Elder i add only 2 jewels slot

Gems/link
Spoiler

"
Important link in Helmet
for high lvl bosses

for mapping and low lvl bosses

For very quick swap use 2 BOR with the 2 different setup

"
Auras

"

"

"

better if vaal skill

Levelling/Tips

Spoiler

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDqNVQYqI8&feature=youtu.be
Craft your starter weapon from 0:
You need
-rustic sash / rarity affects the %phys roll
-white weapon (axe,sword,claw) if you can put quality before is better
-1 Blacksmith's Whetstone
And you are ready to go

"

Item suggestions:
-If is your league starter start with any weapon, I usually take a sword or axe and use cleave or frost blade, then i swap into BF on act 3.
-If isnt your first char and have some currency look for:
=Redbeak Rusted Sword ->The Princess Sabre ->Lakishu's Blade ->at lvl 34 start the good claw Mortem Morsu then Ornament of the East then Bloodseeker
=Lochtonial Caress Iron Gauntlets
=Wanderlust Wool Shoes
=Blackheart Iron Ring
=Goldrim

"

"
The only investment before Blood Acqueduct I did is Ornament of the East for 2c at lvl 46ish, all other gear is SSF garbage.
When i arrived to Blood Acqueduct i started to farm it for lvl and humility, selled that card for 2.5/3c each and get my bloodseeker for 8c and BOR for 1c and now the only thing you must pay attention are the resistances nothing else.

"
Updating while starting red maps

Afeter few "investments" (40c ish) im able to run red maps without problems.
For now i never swap my inc area for conc effect for bosses, only alternate sand stance into blood stance from "blood and sand".

Park t11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7r51ymC_zY&feature=youtu.be

Spoiler

bought:
bloodseeker for 8 and 10c each - now is 2c
BOR for 1c
Rare boots for 2c
1 rings for 2c other is ssf
Belt 6c
Gloves for 5c
Carnage for 8c

Levelling tree
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/413B92v3
select steps here

-First step is get mana and life leech from vitality and spirit void.
I started with sword and swapped into claw when i get ornament (lvl46ish) so grab genenic damage nodes if you cant start with claw.
Usually i start getting attack speed at the begin then i refound that 2 points with armour, evasion, life.
-Second step, travel near ranger area, get some life and generic one hand damage.
-Third step,at this point you should be able to get ornament of the esat so travel till shadow area to get claw nodes (soul raker for leech) then you can drop vitality/spirit void. and get claw of the pride.
-Fourth step, now get some life (blood drinker and constitution)
-Fifth step, travel till assasination getting damage and life also
-Sixth step, finish getting heart of oak, primal spirit (i love this node for int and flask chanrges but you can skipp it) and get the rest of the life and jewel socket. Up to you if get before life or damage nodes like twin terror / charging offensive /heartseeker

With league starter i wait to get jewels till i can buy a good one so i skipp it at begin.

You can help your self while levelling with +30 int and refound it later. Same for res with cloath and chain or survivalist.

Pantheon
Spoiler

For major
solaris and arakaali are good

For minor
gruthkul, tukohama
yugul for uber elder fight its cool

depending on scenario

solaris is good against hit
arakaali is good for dot reduction

grutkul generic damage reduction
tukohama for some regen if u can stay stationary

Oil-Notable
Spoiler

There are a lot of usefull notables you can craft on your ammy with new olis, but for me the best one is "Rampart" getting some benefit from have fortify

You can craft on it life nodes like "heart of the warrior" or "discipline and training".

If you have another good idea plz tell me here in this thread.

If you wanna spend some currency here
Spoiler

As I said before you can improve/personalize this build in a lot of way.

This is my version: https://pastebin.com/w3SYzfXU

Kaom root inhibits the evasion but give us perma freez/chill immunity, and Elder slow motion as well.
Power charge on crit bloodseeker.
At least 400 pdps rare claw.
Increased fortify effect from helm and "rampart" from oil.

7200 hp
5m dps (7.5m with abyssus)

50% phys damage reduction

You can use abyssus for more damage, you can dont use kaom root and freez flask

MY OTHER BUILDS
Spoiler

PEACE and thank you
Last edited by Anal_Bleeding on Oct 10, 2019, 6:16:04 AM
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2019, 11:08:28 AM
Gotcha, 1st reply <3

Amazing, cheap and effective build.

Glad to see some good builds like this one.

keep it going dude, good work

the video is good as a showcase, i like that instant leech :))

Have fun
Nice build …. ty
"
First goal on tree is the duelist mana/life leech

Do you mean all the way into Vitality Void and Spirit Void, or just one node of each mana/heath leech each?
@zedzed_uk

Hi, i started with this build so my damage was so low i picked up vitality and spirit void...
If your damage is good and you can sustain your mana with 1 or 2 mana leech point dont grab spirit void.

Dave
So ... thought I'd post a 1st update on my levelling with this character. Currently only 47, but thought it might be useful to others if I post now before I forget what I did :)

GEMS
I levelled with frost blades until 38, and swapped to Reave at the point I got Multi-strike.
All fine to this point. Frost blades is easy to level with due to the distance you can keep - Reave is up close and personal so there is more danger of a one shot, or if you get unlucky with accuracy and miss a few times (and then end up with no mana). I'm softcore ... I think if I was Hardcore I'd maybe have stuck to frost-blades a bit longer.

GEAR
I don't have tabula rasa, so using ASHREND, as it adds level 10 fire damage. Using the links as in the OP. Also swapped to MORTEM MORSU when I got the claw nodes. Also needed gear with +INT and +STRENGTH as I wasn't getting much from the tree

LEVEL PATH
As recommended, I went first to SPIRIT VOID. Didn't bother with VITALITY VOID as it felt like I didn't need it with frost blades. I then headed to the right side of the tree - taking first the 3 life nodes (HERBALISM), and then heading left from there to take FINESSE and ASPECT OF THE LYNX. I then rushed up to the claw nodes at the far right of the tree, and once I had SOUL RAKER I took the points out of SPIRIT VOID and used them towards CLAWS OF THE MAGPIE. I then took the life nodes to the left of the claws cluster (BLOOD DRINKER). I've since added the other life nodes on the path (THICK SKIN and GOLEM'S BLOOD). I'm about to start adding the crit nodes next, or maybe the JEWEL nodes. I don't have any decent jewels .. but maybe for a few chaos I could add some +6% life and damage as well, so that might be better. I'll see :)

ASCENDENCY
I took conqueror first, as I really want worthy foe 2nd. Not having to worry about accuracy is a pretty big deal when we need to hit to get back life/mana, so that's my focus. Not sure if that's a mistake ... but it's what I've decided to do.

Any comments - or mistakes I've made - let me know. If others are following this guide would be good to know what gear you're using (especially if unique, as it makes searching so much easier / quicker!)
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
So ... thought I'd post a 1st update on my levelling with this character. Currently only 47, but thought it might be useful to others if I post now before I forget what I did :)

TY man for your report!

Grab worthy foe on second lab maybe isnt worthy(for me), cuz your accuracy on low level is good.
Grab before unstoppable hero make you more tanky for third lab ( and in general ).

For your mana problem try to use some -# mana cost of skill like praxis ring or elreon jewellery.

Always serch on poe wiki if there are some good unique for your level, if not take on poe trade one rare for 1 or 2 choas.

BTW levelling its always a personal thing, so find your way ! I always help my stats with tree taking some +30 int/str/dex points that i will drop after.
And try always to personalize the build are u following on your playstile .

Dave
Hello,
at first view your guide is quite nice, i like the video and the whole idea behind it (with Reave etc). Im going for it, but im slow and can't tell you anything specific yet, as i dont have much time to level atm. But in any case im going for the First Strike, i cant stay away from that juicy 100% damage and attack speed...

Thoughts for the super expensive build: Enlighten lvl 4 to fit in Anger to add a watchers eye for more additional damage(perhaps the reduced mana preserved nodes).
And i cant get an idea for Abyssus on how to mitigate the phys damage. Isn't the build keen to be one shot with Abyssus? Maybe a Brass dome plate? or a rare with lightning to phys, lighting coil? Loreweave seems really good for the build but the phys damage realy worries me...
you name is super dope, maybe the build has the name for a reason?
Last edited by edchis on Jun 17, 2018, 8:21:05 AM
"
edchis wrote:
Hello,
at first view your guide is quite nice, i like the video and the whole idea behind it (with Reave etc). Im going for it, but im slow and can't tell you anything specific yet, as i dont have much time to level atm. But in any case im going for the First Strike, i cant stay away from that juicy 100% damage and attack speed...

First strike its very cool point , but dangerous and boring cast it ( FOR ME ofc ). You will good with that !!!

I dont like abyssus make you so vulnerable (i prefer run a tanky boy as you can see in the build), but a lot of people like play glass cannon so i put it in the section. Starkonja its great choise.
Anger dont get you much damage , we dont have any increased ele damage, arctic armour can mitigate the abyssus with Enlighten lvl 4. Grab iron reflex to convert evasion in armour and taste of hate.

The improve section it's just a thing to give you an idea of ​​how you can change the build,
it's all based on your choice, you can personalize this base build on your playstile.

Thank you for report

Dave

Last edited by Anal_Bleeding on Jun 17, 2018, 3:55:47 PM
Recently hit Blood Aqueduct and feel like i can talk about the build.
The lvling was smooth with frost blades on a tabula untill lvl 38 when i switched to reave as the guide says, also i bought a pair of Mortem Morsu(very cheap), they helped the clear speed and sustain. As other people did i also went for Spirit Void and later used refund points on it so that i could get the claw nodes. Sustain is great and damage is very good, I feel like i can tank most things and be safe. Overall really like the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info