[3.6]A.B. Crit Molten Strike Scion (cham/ele) 6/7k HP - 7/10M dps

CHANGELOG
Spoiler

[3.6] Nerf - the buils work anyway
Spoiler

-Tombfist no longer grants 6-10% increased Attack Speed.
-Loreweave now sets your Maximum Resistances to a maximum of 78% (from 80%)

Hey guys, Dave here

For sure Molten Strike is my favourite skill, since 3.3 i break ALL content with my "Molten Tank" (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2190043) but now I wanted to try something different.

Started this build on inquisitor/assassin for full crit and was able to go over 12m dps, but the life sustain was pretty bad (for me) even life leech and gain on hit from claw.

I decided then to change the assasin node into slayer for his life leech, loose around 2m dps but able to do uber elder deathless.

Then after 3.6 leech nerf i tried a new version (champion/elementalis) with the same gear but differente tree. We have few regen so few more smooth plystyle cuz blood rage dont leech all our life. But less damage.

Old version before leech nerf (slayer/inquisitor)

POB and Gear
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/fBsCHjji

Of course unnatural instinct isnt mandatory you can drop that jew socket and use those 4 points for other usefull points; Or use a rare jewel instead (remeber to run through attack speed instead of spell damage)

Pro

-High DPS
-Free fortify on hit
-Shock/freez/stun/reflect immune
-ALL content
-Fast
-No gems swap
-OFC LGOH is awesome

Con

-Evasion based/no phys mitigation (we need to know bosses mechanics to dodge his attacks)
-Cant run no leech maps

Real Molten Strike DPS
Spoiler

If you wanna know your dps quickly, you must multiply your POB damage per second for your number of balls.
Example:
527kx20=10.5M
This is a reference number to compare ur damage with other people without any tool calculator, isnt your real damage in game cuz NOT ALL balls hit the enemy. Depend on boss hit-box.
And attack speed dont work correctly on balls dps, cuz we use melee attack speed, so use the following tool to be sure on your reald dps.

This is a good tool to calculate your real MS dps :
https://moldydwarf.gitlab.io/MoltenStrikeDPS/index.html#zip_eJxlkEtPwzAQhP+LzwilRT3Ut9CQthIhCA6cnWTdWF17Kz+oKsR/x3kRaH2bzzuzHn+xE1WPAjHTB8YXSXfuJrZTftMKUwPj64EWgADXoz1MT66DM7g1v1aZcp5xExBHUBrGvQ3Qy1zY95Z8x6RAF2EVH+FyS3oHqBl/GMlL0B8KG8aXIyiEMlsLeCZq/ptLKW8uBEF2USaWWCbjWK+vF8c1pW/BMp70phyFOz5JOem9qW1KsAX9/IlD2Ez/hEW4IVPPXSty7k00KrihQpRpXQSMf7O4X03gN+H7B6c4jKk=

Video

Gems/links
Spoiler

"

"
Double Heral

Third aura can be changed
Purity of ligh with watcher eye shock immunity

"

"
Power charge on bosses

"

"

"

pantheon/Ascendancy/bandits
Spoiler

Major God: Brine King for stun mitigation
If Kaom's Root go for Arakaali

Minor God: Gruthktl or Yugul

first go for champion, then get elementalist

For bandit is up to you kill all for 2 points or help Alira for crit and res

Levelling
Spoiler

TREE
Spoiler
As always on a scion we must regret some points before uber lab.
I leave at the end all jewels socket (grab it during levelling only if you have a good one, if u dont have go for more usefull points)

https://pastebin.com/8QkGPm0c

First go for mana and life leech then you will drop it when you get claw nodes.

Gems/items
Spoiler
Start using right away Molten Strike with Ancestral Call (third link can be onslaught).

Try to use claw, theirs gain on hit help as hell when ur leech is low.

On act 2 add for sure faster attack, and if u can ele damage with attack.
heralds for sure.

If you dont have tabula run till act 4 with 3or4 links MS should be enough, you can get a 5 link chest for 1 or 2 chaos when you enter in Highgate.

Usully i use faster attack and multistrike too when my attack speed isnt so good.

You cant go for full ele damage since act1, run unique claw based on your level (Last Resort-Wildslash-Al Dhih-Mortem Morsu-Ornament of the East)

Belt: Meginord's Girdle-Belt of the Deceiver-Prismweave, last one probably the best before you can get a good rare one.

Boots: for sure Wanderlust-Wake of Destruction

Helm: Goldrim of course till u can get where Rat's net

Ammy: Karui Ward-Karui Charge

Gloves: Lochtonial Caress-Maligaro's Virtuosity-Shadows and Dust and a good cheap thing before tombfist or rare gloves is Thunderfist (that is a5 link too if u cant get a 6link loreweave, just wear your unlinked lore and MS into gloves)

Rings: Blackheart-Praxis(for mana help)-Thief's torment(life and mana GOH)

Before my OP claw i get this for only 1 ex

Enchant
Spoiler

For Helmet
-Molten Strike fires 2 additional Projectiles (if you are in STD try to get +3)
Second choise
-Blood Rage grants additional 12% increased Attack Speed
-Ancestral Protector Totem grants 18% increased Attack Speed while Active

For boots
-16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
-Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently
-Adds 1 to 160 Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently

MY OTHER BUILDS
Spoiler

Red dragon reave flurry instant leech
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2166131

Molten Tank (champ/Glad/Jugg)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2190043

No More Vaal Pact / Scion BF (Sla/Rai)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2330726

Last edited by Anal_Bleeding on Jun 5, 2019, 6:17:26 AM
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2019, 12:02:14 PM
The pob total damage isnt per ball its the average damage in pob what shows damage per ball
"
Tobinator wrote:
The pob total damage isnt per ball its the average damage in pob what shows damage per ball

You need to select the "magma balls" not the "Melee hit" in the PoB in the little menu under molten strike

Having leveled it up to maps recently Im having so much fun with the build and have been wondering why I always used to play MS as a boring skill used to just stand there and regen life while you slowly and painfully kill a boss, let alone have any clear speed, the crit version is so much better and it frees you from having to use any rings with life gain on hit as your claws do the deed, plus shattering sounds are always welcome and I don't think I will ever get bored of them

From my relative budget of about 8 ex I will be able to squeeze like 2.5 mil out of this build, with shitty tier 3-4 lightning damage abyss jewels, and a 0.8 ex claw, no enchant or dying sun so there is a lot to improve upon.

For anybody wanting to play this build I highly recommend not doing what Ive done and rebelling against purity of some element for a wrath stand in thinking that it will give me more damage, as it made getting good gear a pain in the ass and fairly out of my price range and probably 99.9% of playerbase to be precise, ended up using purity of elements anyway :D

All in all a great deal of fun, leveling with thief's torment was a literal breeze, early labs are kinda scary but to a degree if you just know how to dodge the mechanics, and will equip yourself with something like charged dash.
Last edited by Aflictions1 on Jan 21, 2019, 12:05:51 AM
"
Tobinator wrote:

So, my avg is 75kx20 balls is 1.5m dps ... i think is a little more then 1.5m dps

My calc (as all othet MS dps calc on forum) is a reference number with a quick calc without tools.

500k x20 balls is 10m dps .. the only think is that not all balls hit the boss (depending on his hit-box)

is 10m but we loose some dps cuz not all balls hit
this is a good calculator

https://moldydwarf.gitlab.io/MoltenStrikeDPS/index.html#zip_eJxtkMFOwzAMht8lZzR1C4Utt7LSDYlSBAfOaevQCCeZkhSEEO9OFhp1Exy/L78d21/kYNobjliqV8Ku86tsfZHUXvrtwHUHhC2zLOoaECBGL+mGrmdXHFxI0UVOZ/dP/WNbSucDT9RowrwdIWLF7fNg/NEJji7INkzhKmvUHlARRifzMKoXiX1sE0XNpd5ZwA9j+vPiRog/D9xA+Sl1WGK5mWKR52HSL40fwBKWxZoKuXu7FSLxne5sYWAH6v4dCVud2ZMlgtwa3Z10N8498V6O4WSrXyy6esTjXRZ5Ein//QOuE4tM

we loose around 3m dps:
my old calc. 527'988x20= 10.5m
here we have 6.730m dps
im using humanoid hit-box for uber elder/shaper, if bosses is bigger the dps will be higer

Last edited by Anal_Bleeding on Jan 21, 2019, 12:19:34 AM
"
Aflictions1 wrote:
"
Tobinator wrote:

You need to select the "magma balls" not the "Melee hit" in the PoB in the little menu under molten strike

Having leveled it up to maps recently Im having so much fun with the build and have been wondering why I always used to play MS as a boring skill used to just stand there and regen life while you slowly and painfully kill a boss, let alone have any clear speed, the crit version is so much better and it frees you from having to use any rings with life gain on hit as your claws do the deed, plus shattering sounds are always welcome and I don't think I will ever get bored of them

From my relative budget of about 8 ex I will be able to squeeze like 2.5 mil out of this build, with shitty tier 3-4 lightning damage abyss jewels, and a 0.8 ex claw, no enchant or dying sun so there is a lot to improve upon.

For anybody wanting to play this build I highly recommend not doing what Ive done and rebelling against purity of some element for a wrath stand in thinking that it will give me more damage, as it made getting good gear a pain in the ass and fairly out of my price range and probably 99.9% of playerbase to be precise, ended up using purity of elements anyway :D

All in all a great deal of fun, leveling with thief's torment was a literal breeze, early labs are kinda scary but to a degree if you just know how to dodge the mechanics, and will equip yourself with something like charged dash.

Hey man thank for ur update !

yes wrath instead of herals give more damage , but double heral give us more clear speed. and ofc on wrath we can use watcher eye mods like light penetration or increased light damage... but dps on sigle isnt our problem.

Dave
how can u have 20 balls thats straight not possible
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
Dafii wrote:

according to the Wiki Shaper has 18 328 731 HP in his video he has 40% hp

40% would be 7331492.4 he is hitting for 3 Seconds and shaper still have 10%~ Hp this would be 5498619.3 Damage dealt in 3 Seconds wich is 1832873.1 Dps and like 20% from his Stated 10Million dps and thats with 5 Damage flasks no defences
"
Dafii wrote:

are 10 total balls, x2 from ancestrall call
"
Tobinator wrote:
"
Dafii wrote:

according to the Wiki Shaper has 18 328 731 HP in his video he has 40% hp

40% would be 7331492.4 he is hitting for 3 Seconds and shaper still have 10%~ Hp this would be 5498619.3 Damage dealt in 3 Seconds wich is 1832873.1 Dps and like 20% from his Stated 10Million dps and thats with 5 Damage flasks no defences

as i said in a post before
500k x20 is 10M THIS IS A REFERENCE NUMBER WITHOUT A TOOL that all build have

not all balls hit the boss ( depends his hitbox )

the real dps is around 6.7M caltulated on molten strike tool dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info