Grinding Gear Games is looking for a Game Lighting Artist

Game looks pretty, but you almost have to play in ultra widescreen to have at least a reasonable level of zoom out from the character. Otherwise it's just top 15% taken by buff bar, bottom 20% taken by UI, and god help if you are in party or want to check stuff like inventory or char panel during the play.

With all the graphical and engine improvements, GUI starts to feel very very old, and it's one of the large weaknesses now.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Really hoping this is pointing to a HUGE graphics update/new engine for 4.0
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
More un-optimized lighting in the game eh? What next, the game will require future GTX 1600s or some shit just to run it smoothly?
Lightning trap mtx please!
Last edited by Kaliexpearl on Jun 13, 2018, 12:00:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKVS0eI85I
"
Bluntexile wrote:
yay even more stuttering incoming....................

STOP OVERLOADING YOUR PREHISTORIC ENGINE FFS

Indeed, but hopefully optimizations are a priority. I don't really know what a few ppl are whining about... (probably lil kids who bought million euro pcs with dad's card and want everything to look like IRL gfx or smth... or ppl with crappier pcs who run on low settings... to me PoE has totally solid gfx and a good artstyle. Optimizing what you have is more important than having new shiny effects. A 5 + years old ARPG should not require top gfx cards to run smoothly...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Jun 13, 2018, 4:40:49 AM
"
Bluntexile wrote:

This! Poe looks good in 4k but so what.. even in solo it can go down to choppy 20fps.. 4man party would be straight down unplayable.

Even "optimised" ground effects like lava, freeze, or shock reduced 30fps in my game. One effect that used to kill 100fps now barely slays 30fps.

But wait, there is more. You have burning ground map, and kill mobs that explode and create their own burning ground and you now have no frames!
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
webas wrote:
"
Bluntexile wrote:

This! Poe looks good in 4k but so what.. even in solo it can go down to choppy 20fps.. 4man party would be straight down unplayable.

Game used to run smooth in a party with those cast on crit/discharge builds. Game tanks now without even being in a party.
Optimize the game please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info