Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Party Improvements

"
Optional Downlevelling to Play With Friends
One issue a lot of players have when starting out is that their friends are different levels. This isn’t a problem by the time you get to maps, but during your playthrough it can prevent you playing together.

Because of this, we are adding a new party option to enable downlevelling when you play with your friends.

When the feature is turned on, you will be reduced in power to your friend's level and they will be able to play with no experience penalty. This means you will both be able play together and they can level up as normal.

While the option is off, everything works the the same as before. That means that your friends will get very little experience but you will retain your full power.

You can see which level you have been downlevelled to above the party list on the side of the screen. We have also added the item find and monster life bonuses that are currently in effect to make that system more clear.

I love this idea, however. the possibility of power leveling using this has to really shouldn't be overlooked in anyway. The ability to use high level gear and gems with 6L .etc .etc even if it's reduced in power will make power leveling a thing.
Last edited by FlechingKing on Jun 10, 2018, 11:09:01 PM
thank you tencent
One of the most enjoyable aspects of PoE in the past was running a public mapping party and tearing through some rippy high level maps. It's near impossible to do that now because half the party wants to avoid boss killing. Meanwhile a few people stay for what can then be a long kill - the ones who left don't want to wait around and they leave. I'm not sure how to fix this.. Plus, to be frank, the player community is relatively rude and scamming compared to a couple of years ago, and this causes problems too.

Maybe make a feature(s) to partially compensate for these difficulties? Perhaps a noticeboard tab that separates mapping parties from all the spammed trading/lab ones. Being able to set minimum character level to join would also help. Or facilitate a minimum fee per map without having to trade the host manually, for when expensive maps are being run for a per-player fee.
Tencent buys 80%. Updates comes fast, and big. Coincident? Think not...

Na jokes aside. Thanks for this kind of update. People will never be happy, do what one want and others will ney say.

I for one like this kind of updates.
i got my concerns here and there but i hope it will work out
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Never liked autojoining parties, really hope we start with that crap off.

How about these features:
-Don't remove partychat when the party splits up.
-Remembering the last 10 players which you partied with for an hour or so, we lose this when we disconnect.
-Changing how parties work also requires a trading upgrade, to trade without having to party!
-Global chat in character selection.

Thanks!
Last edited by sarannah101 on Jun 10, 2018, 11:31:52 PM
This is actualy an unexpected and very good QoL improvement.

"
Jonathan wrote:
PS: We will change it so that party invites look like they are coming from the correct player as well while we are at it.

Do you plan some friendlist improvements along those changes, like increasing size for example ?

Thank you
Hf :)
Give me personal loot in a party like diablo and i'll be more than happy to start grouping again
"
cody331 wrote:
Give me personal loot in a party like diablo and i'll be more than happy to start grouping again

You know there is different settings for groups already? Permanent Allocation setting as the party leader makes drops personal. Only you can pick up the items that dropped for you until you leave the zone.

Will you be adding this to xbox also? The xbox version needs a better partying system badly. Add a grouping board in town or in the start menu please. Going through the game is a lot of fun when you can team up easily with other random players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info