Party Improvements

Solid!
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
I would like to introduce my viewpoint to how much improve parties - „Spectate company” (up to 2 additional member, up to one per party) with spectate mode on fight areas (except hideouts) with no portal consumption.
It will be very much trade improvement than even introducing trade API and much fun for streamers as well(cross league spectate ?).
Pros:
- No more Perandus coins scam etc.
- You may prove realness when selling any challenge accomplishment.
- You have sure that you can buy exactly a challenge accomplishment like you want.
- You may do trades without leaving a party (rotas, leveling run)
Rules:
- No portal consumption, looting, ability to open chests/boxes, deal damage, receive damage when in spectating company(outside quest state allowed towns)
- Inventory access and trade(also with any NPC) allowed only in same league(where party exist) non spectated areas(any town or hideout).
- Spectate company participate in party chat (maybe with a bit darker color than rest of party).
- Leaving spectate mode or promoting to regular party member(only when same league) teleports to last visited - possible at quest state - town or hideout.
- Person which invite other to spectate companion can cancel it at any time.
- Party leader also can cancel it.
- Person invited to spectate companion obviously can refuse or leave.
- When inviter leave party, will take from party spectate company until it will be canceled.
- You may enter that spectate mode when slain. For challenge/achievement/quest accomplishment and trade purpose your location is where your death body exist(no trade in fight area). You may not spectate areas outside until resurrect.
Last edited by LordBlick on Jun 11, 2018, 6:21:57 AM
on this topic, with so many improvements to friendlist etc, can u please increase the amount of friends that u can have? 100 friends is really not enough for me who've played this game for 4 years
Waited a long time for this... ty GGG. HYPE!
This doesn´t seem like a big help to be honest.

We need the D2 or D3 party system, where you clicked join and automatically landed in a pug. This whole thing about having someone on your F list and then joining is way to complicated for my taste.

Games should be public or private and a public game can be joined by everyone.
It's nice to see some much-needed improvement on the party system, but this doesn't impact my biggest issues that I've been experiencing.

Sometimes items ignore the set allocation method, meaning when Permanent Allocation is selected, items can be available to be picked up by both. This is without anyone in the party leaving the instance, they just drop like this. This seems to be caused by at least two things that I have noticed:
Either the item dropped far away from the players, and the allocation system doesn't seem to apply then, or the item isn't set to be allocated to a party member to begin with. While the latter is good for things that have little worth and may get ignored by someone in a party (i.e. items with chromatic sockets) this is bad for things like atlas bases. It has happened quite often now that I play a high tier map with a friend, a normal rarity steel or opal ring will drop, and the first one to pick it up is the first one to get the money. Why even have allocation when stronger items like this are a free-for-all?

I think this has probably been an oversight when the bases were introduced, and either went unnoticed or was deemed too low a priority to fix it. Bummer.

One more minor thing that would be great to change for quality of life is the fact that moving somewhere can be interrupted by a party member blocking you, rather than the pathfinding of the character adjusting to this dynamically.

Overall a step in the right direction, and some really great quality of life in these changes. I greatly appreciate the down-leveling feature.
"
Ygidua wrote:
This doesn´t seem like a big help to be honest.

We need the D2 or D3 party system, where you clicked join and automatically landed in a pug. This whole thing about having someone on your F list and then joining is way to complicated for my taste.

Games should be public or private and a public game can be joined by everyone.

This is already in the game. You can make a public party which anyone can join via the noticeboard or by simply checking the "Public Parties" section of your social menu.
Nice changes, although I mostly play solo.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
YOWZAAAA
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
wow I didnt expect this, i guess some guild features aren't unlikely after all. Keep up that good work! Big hug!
A build that only has might is not mighty.
ADAPT OR RIP!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info