[3.3]Incinerate Ignite Build! Shaper! Elementalist! MoM! Burn! Burn! Burn!

"
schiporemi wrote:
Really cool looking build and I want to try it, but I have some questios.

1. Why not take the Paragon of Calamity instead of Liege of the primordial ?
Is the buff from the golems that good to give up the elemental leech ?

2. Also would Mastermind of Discord be a good pick since you get more elemental penetration by replacing anger with herald of ash ?

Thanks a ton :)

Hi, good questions. Below are the answers and I have updated my guide to address this

1. Liege of the Primordial > Paragon of Calamity, since it let you use two golems and increase the golem buffs by 25% it ends up giving me 65% increased dmg and around 11% cast speed. If you really prefer Paragon of Calamity instead I would take out Pendulum of Destruction since it gives 75% ele dmg HALF OF THE TIME meaning on average you are really only getting 37.5% ele dmg which is not as valuable, and I specced into it for clear speed but now i have respec it for Paragon of Calamity since I need leech.

2. Mastermind of Discord is a BIG NO NO. Because Ignites will not scale with penetration, penetration is only for HITS not damage over time. However +/- % fire resistance will affect ignite damage to your target. So gems like Flammability, Combustion, Scorching ray will increase your damage this way. Also Herald of Ashe buffs SPELL fire damage, I have tested this it won't buff your ignite damage since ignite does not scale with spell damage.

Enjoy!
HI koloxus, really nice guide, if you can a spare a few minutes can you look at my build right now im running a more "hybrid" ignite/direct damage build, i mean, in theory incinerate its a mixed skill that buff ignite and the hits when the target its ignited..its really worth to low your direct damage so much to buff your ignite damage?

And other thing about the traits in the ascendancy, if not best to pick offensive wise, the two talents that buff your damage with golems?

reading your comments you are saying the 25% penetration only works with the direct part damage of incinerate right?
"
keygy wrote:
HI koloxus, really nice guide, if you can a spare a few minutes can you look at my build right now im running a more "hybrid" ignite/direct damage build, i mean, in theory incinerate its a mixed skill that buff ignite and the hits when the target its ignited..its really worth to low your direct damage so much to buff your ignite damage?

And other thing about the traits in the ascendancy, if not best to pick offensive wise, the two talents that buff your damage with golems?

reading your comments you are saying the 25% penetration only works with the direct part damage of incinerate right?

Hi no problem, yes the penetration will only work on the hit, does not work on damage over time type. Basically after Patch 3.0 what happens is that Ignite damage scales off of damage, fire damage, burning damage, elemental damage, ailment damage.

So if you are going hybrid you might need to balance the damage between ignite and the hit damage. For example you have Controlled Destruction and Arcane Surge on your link, the spell damage buff from these two gems will not increase the ignite damage. Also Arcane Surge is a 4 second self buff so you can proc Arcane Surge on some other skill like a scorching ray totem, and use faster casting\concentrated effect for hit damage. Actually it's interesting that you use Efficacy Support, since it does provide spell damage and damage over time. Oh yeah don't spec into reduce mana nodes if you are using arcane surge lol will take you more casts to proc it.

In my build, I guess the only thing that would lower my hit damage is Deadly Ailment support, so I guess my build focuses on ignite but my hits can still be an addition to my damage.

Ascendancy wise the golem buffs will give you alot of damage, 20% damage each golem, and 25% from flame golem, which scales both the hit and the ignite. The problem with the Master of Discord is that it is really good for hits, so yeah for your hybrid build you might want to spec into that instead of golem since penetration is multiplicative and golem buffs are increasing/additive, depending on your ignite damage vs hit damage lol.

"
Koloxus wrote:
"
keygy wrote:

Hi no problem, yes the penetration will only work on the hit, does not work on damage over time type. Basically after Patch 3.0 what happens is that Ignite damage scales off of damage, fire damage, burning damage, elemental damage, ailment damage.

So if you are going hybrid you might need to balance the damage between ignite and the hit damage. For example you have Controlled Destruction and Arcane Surge on your link, the spell damage buff from these two gems will not increase the ignite damage. Also Arcane Surge is a 4 second self buff so you can proc Arcane Surge on some other skill like a scorching ray totem, and use faster casting\concentrated effect for hit damage. Actually it's interesting that you use Efficacy Support, since it does provide spell damage and damage over time. Oh yeah don't spec into reduce mana nodes if you are using arcane surge lol will take you more casts to proc it.

In my build, I guess the only thing that would lower my hit damage is Deadly Ailment support, so I guess my build focuses on ignite but my hits can still be an addition to my damage.

Ascendancy wise the golem buffs will give you alot of damage, 20% damage each golem, and 25% from flame golem, which scales both the hit and the ignite. The problem with the Master of Discord is that it is really good for hits, so yeah for your hybrid build you might want to spec into that instead of golem since penetration is multiplicative and golem buffs are increasing/additive, depending on your ignite damage vs hit damage lol.

The thing is, that recently im detecting that the direct damage of incinerate its not doing so much damage as before and because my setup link its not ignite oriented the mobs do not die sometimes very quickly or the ignite fall off without kill sometimes rares, i think i wanna try your setup link to look how is buffing the ignite, btw with incinerate ignite focused HoA its a little trash not? anger is best then?
"
keygy wrote:

The thing is, that recently im detecting that the direct damage of incinerate its not doing so much damage as before and because my setup link its not ignite oriented the mobs do not die sometimes very quickly or the ignite fall off without kill sometimes rares, i think i wanna try your setup link to look how is buffing the ignite, btw with incinerate ignite focused HoA its a little trash not? anger is best then?

Yeah it could be hard to do hybrid build for this since you need a good amount of ignite damage to feel good. Honestly my hits are killing most of the mobs while clearing and if my ignite is not enough, for example on the Incursion rares I can usually just use Flammability takes like less than a second and then I move on to the next pack. Btw the video of me clearing Uber Lab I didn't even use Flammability and Scorching ray totem, plus my Incinerate was only at level 18.

HoA will not effect your ignite damage at all, BUT the explosion can be useful for clear speed and that's about it. Anger is really optional, Incinerate has a 30% damage effectiveness meaning all flat added fire damage to it is added at 30% of its value, if you use Anger it's roughly around 17% more but this effectiveness decreases the more flat fire you are investing in since they are additive.
Heya Koloxus, I've been following this build and it's been really fun. Have you tested out all the enchantments for incinerate?
Thanks!
"
Heya Koloxus, I've been following this build and it's been really fun. Have you tested out all the enchantments for incinerate?
Thanks!

Glad you enjoy this, I would personally aim for the incinerate max stage +2 enchant it is kind of expensive atm and not really required, but it does add around 28% more dmg to hits and ignite at max stage. 2*25% divide it by 175% of 8 stages (Note stage 1 doesn't have 25% more buff), this is around 28% more.
Updated gear list after testing some items, added Malachai's Artifice to BiS (requires re-balancing resistances). Added Siphoning Traps as a defensive option.
Last edited by Koloxus on Jun 18, 2018, 1:14:01 PM
Bump
I've been interested in making an Incinerate toon for some time after the buff announcements. How's the clear speed on this? The videos you've showcased thus far have been uber lab and the Shaper, and in the latter I don't think you really even used your quicksilver. I'm mostly curious because it'd suck if this build actually struggles in clearing high tier incursions in time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info