TeGnGcGent Stash Tab Constriction Non Paying Players

I am not even sure what to say here. Do people even read what they type anymore?

OP puts caveats on every criticism - why? You are entitled to your opinion, stop waffling so hard. Don't be afraid to express yourself.

And, in that same vein, allow me to respond:

You are playing a game for free. A really good game. Possibly the best FTP game ever made, if I could hazard it.

And you want MORE for free. You are, literally, asking the designer of this game to bypass its business model so it is easier for you to play for free.

Do you understand the conundrum there?

Sure, there has been a ton of bloat over the years. And perhaps you could consider this a $25 dollar game now because that is how much you have to spend on tabs for ease of play and storage.

Again, I say, so what? As a $25 game, this is still worth more per dollar than every other game I have ever played outside of Everquest.

The game provides enough storage for you to play for FREE to evaluate whether you like it or not, then in order for you to have CONVENIENCE of play, you have to spend some money.

That sure as shit is better than a game asking you for $25 for Early Access and no previous play time.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Mercs in D2 were just aura bots.

If you truly believe this, then you sucked with your mercs =)
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Everytime this "It's free" argument. it's Bullshit. Do you believe they make it for free because they like us? No because F2P gives yield way more money than buy to play or pay to play. They get shitloads of money and if you would calculate every single penny GGG earned through MTX/Stash Tabs and split it on every player you have payed more than an full priced game. And that 10 or 20 times more.

As longs as someone pays ... the game isn't free anymore. It doesn't matter if you spend the money and not i. In the end only one get the money and it's GGG.

Why should add some free stash tabs?`

1.Game got more items since release. There were no Div Cards, Harbinger Stuff, Perandus, Essences and many other league specific feature which gone core.

2.Game already have the worst trading expierence i ever witnessed. So let assume you get reaaly decent items. But in long term you need to vendor items or leave them because there is no space.

3. It would make people happy. And you know what people who buy Stashtabs get the additional tabs too? Sounds good right? It's not like only f2p get the tabs.

4.It won't hurt GGG money wise. Why do you think people have over HUNDREDS of stash tabs? Because it's fine with only 4? Even 10 or 20 aren't enough for them. In the past i could understand because it was the only money source for GG back there. But since there are MTX Boxes most of the money comes from the boxes. What do you think why they still release them?

I have bought many stash tabs too. But i'm not an selfish asshole like other player. Game is already hard for new player so why make it even more cancer? Grind horror and of top of that they need to manage their stash?

Every other F2P MMO i know just hand out free Character slot if they release new classes for example. They add new content ... they give them the opputurnity to deal with the new added stuff.

I already see the future 2025: 4 Stash Tabs still standart. 30 New currency Items added which only stacks to 10. 70 new usefull div cards. Atlas have now different 288 Maps. And so on. At some point people can't even keep their wisdom scrolls anymore because there is no space
I think a single trade tab should be awarded to players who complete the game. Trading is a core ARPG function and the more people participating the better off the game will be.
All you "need" to buy are stash tabs to fully enjoy / get the most out of the game. You can basically buy this "full access" type thing for $20. That isnt much for a game.
You could also just play it for free and not complain.
You also have the option of dumping hundreds into the game for MTX.
GGG is a business, how you enjoy their product is up to you.
This shit again...

U dont like it? Dont play it. Nobody forces You to play it. Treat PoE without stash as demo. You like it? Buy it. You dont? Go for another game.
I dont see any any key!
I read all the posts though I only half read certain long winded "GGG is doing perfect as is" responses.

TO SUM UP MY RESPONSES...

1) Added tencent cuz that’s what it is now but made it a GGG decision.

2) Tencent would not do the “more constricting buy more stuff”, hence Fortnite free 100% with no push at all on the gameplay area. Yes, Fortnite pulls no gimmick like that. I say gimmick, even if unintended on GGG's part. Just be nice to stop pretending Tencent is gonna do anything to squeeze a penny out of someone, whereas GGG is made of fluffy white angel wings and roses. Again, not implying GGG is up to bad things this way either just the instinctive attacks on Tencent from some of you in this regard, is sort of a waste of my time to read.

3) Some saying it’s not ethical to sell stash... it is ethical if advertised as slight pay to win… never heard GGG say it one time though you hear many streamers and youtubers say it all the time, now, vs launch… I’ll just say it’s not a fair “race” now, 4 tabs vs 20. NOT that I really care about that I’m focused more on the stash constriction of game play. I think the rest I couldn't care less about honestly.

4) The idea of earning stash is a bad one only in that stash tabs are a serious source of income for GGG. This isn’t about just getting free stuff, but the gameplay now (constricted for non payers) vs how the game was designed philosophically (unrestricted feel of the stash).

5) “waffling” in my criticism? No… I simply wanted to touch all sides of the arguments and possibilities. I stand on one side only… GGG should give 1 or 2 tabs (probably just 1 tab will do it) to match the original and appreciated game initial design intent. Had they went the constricted stash route from the beginning, I doubt POE would even be on the map anymore and “eventual payers” would have left. Too many for their taste I think. My, opinion.

6) On D2 mercs… mercenaries were more than just auras. But regardless, D2 came around long before POE and D3… mercs should have been improved and made cooler, not abandoned (POE) or made pathetic (D3). All a side issue from stash tabs though. I simply put it in to show where I was coming from.

FINAL THOUGHTS...

I love how so many of you see the same problem with stash space I do, even though so many of you are supporters of the game right now with actual $$$. I make good money. This isn’t about “free things” alone. I'll spend more at a theater for me and a friend or date, than any game I've ever bought (probably around $60) and that's only a few hours entertainment vs the hundreds of hours into POE. It’s all about making stash uncomfortably tight, vs how it used to be. GGG had it right at launch AND THEY DESIGNED IT THAT WAY INTENTIONALLY IN THE BEGINNING, and people respected them for the decision.

Only way I see this as a thing not to do, is if they calculate that 5 tabs to start will cause them a huge revenue drop. I’d accept it as a monster they unintentionally created, if it means it'll keep people employed. But off hand I don’t see this as a problem at all financially for them. It feels doable, and would be game-design-philosophy-wise the best thing to do, without argument. Again, if they see no cataclysm money wise.

And yes, I’m pretty much ignoring the “love it or leave it” class of responses in this thread. Never was really into knee jerk fanboy-ism. Thankfully GGG understands the value of having even the non paying players here. Many, many reasons, even the ones who disagree with them on stash space constriction.

The End.

(FYI The Incredibles 2, will be the next movie I see)
"
Templar_G wrote:

7) Tencent has another game I play, Fortnite, and I like it and have paid money into it for 2 reasons. I don't see whining, anti God dialogue, and they aren't restricting my gameplay in any way. Easy to give.

My God has a hammer, and yours was nailed to a cross.
I'll post here exactly what i posted a couple threads ago.

"
I'm quite sure that marketing psychologists that work for GGG, made sure that they built a frustrating looting and trading system. Frustrated players tend to find a way out of the frustration and most of them end up buying more stash tabs thinking that's the solution.

They got your money alredy, simply accept that this system is the way it is because it maintains the cash flow. You don't like it? I don't either that's why i play mostly standard where the economy is completely dead.

Not to mention whenever there are some changes you see this people arguing "muh economy got ruined" "i can't flip/abuse scrubs anymore". Somehow these people always have 10-20 supporter packs. So i guess that this mentality is correlated with higher economical success IRL, and that means GGG will target the top of the economical pyramid for the most cash income potential.

And hey, don't get me wrong. The league mechanic is great and i hope to see it in the core game, all the skill changes are amazing and other balance stuff is great too. Their marketing system is just the drawback, and that means PoE needs to make people gambling addicts and make them develop a hoarder mentality instaed of focusing in just the gameplay.

I've talked IRL with people that have studied marketing and psychology behind it, and that "Constriction" you are talking about is NOT a casualty. Consider it as the downside of having a F2P game with loads of content and support. Stash tabs are the only real "P2W" in this game. And yeah i know that there is no "winning", but fun in ARPGs rely heavily on looting, and without space looting/trading just feels bad.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jun 11, 2018, 7:29:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info