Burning Arrow

Hello there GGG and everyone else,

burning arrow is good on its own, but there are some things I wish which would be nice to have.

If it has some initial pierce or area of effect.

Something like, rather than applying the burning debuff on the enemy when ignited, applying it on the ground in a small area of effect "burning ground".

this would help a lot against big groups of monsters and could even help server stability.

it would not need to calculate each individual enemy burn degen separately, just "all enemies" in the Area.

letting 5 degen grounds stack the area damage (just like "toxic rain").

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
So uhm why did the Skill like loose so much damage with these changes? I know Path of Building DPS should be taken with a big grain of Salt but all my PoBs went from 500k Ignite DPS + 900k Secondary DoT DPS to 400k Ignite dps. Even if Path of Building got some things wrong (and i think thats a good possibility) thats a massive DPS difference that cant be explained with just that.
Burning arrow is dead
we Got 1 Single Brave Soul making a lvl100 character with Burning Arrow.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Burning-Arrow

The skill got nerfed soo hard that nobody bothers with it anymore.
guess we gonna add this to the List of Dead Skills.

I Tryed my Burning Arrow Character, We need the Stacking Burning Effect back imo.
Single Target is just bad.
Last edited by JohnBregol on Apr 15, 2022, 10:40:11 AM
REVERT THE CHANGES

ONE AND A HALF YEAR OR BURNING ARROW BEING DEAD

Adding flat "fire" damage to a base skill destroyed 80% of burning arrow archetypes.

I really don't think people who make these changes even played BA or looked at the characters that played BA.

Unbelievable
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
This was one of my favorite builds. It was not overpowered in anyway and let you make an ignite based ranged attack build. Literally a gut punch when you made the change. Please bring this back.
YET ANOTHER LEAGUE, 0.00% Skill representation

Hurray for the buffs burning arrow got!

I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG

My apologies, it's actually 1 person playing burning arrow not 0.
Problem: No problem

Solution: Remove the unique aspects of stacking burn debuff from burning arrow.

Solution: Give flat fire damage to the gem. This makes sure that you can no longer benefit from pure cold or pure lightning builds.

Solution: Rework elemental equilibrium, such that cold and lightning ignite builds no longer get -50% res to enemies.

Problem: Too many multipliers removed from burning arrow builds.

Solution: Increase burning arrow base multiplier slightly, while slaughtering the base attack speed of the skill to ensure that players suffer.
Last edited by Skyforth on Sep 8, 2022, 11:24:38 PM
Burning arrow (BA) is not fun skill. I know how to make it fun.
When i hit someone with BA target should be ignited. Chance to ignite - 100%. Visual effect of ignite should be more noticeable. Also ignite should spread over enemies who come close to ignited enemy. Ignite should last at least 5 seconds and renew after each spreading. Also ignited enemies should have chance to flee which can be altered with gem quality or/and helmet enchantment. Burning arrow should deal small hit damage and big dot damage. Also ground under hit enemy should burn and deal additional 100% dot damage (for single target).

You also can add new mechanics - disarray/confusion. Enemy who have this debuff should attack random target including other enemies. This debuff can be mixed partially into BA or/and made entire new skill around it.
Last edited by iHoqEAmKLG on Sep 15, 2022, 8:47:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info