Incinerate

"
ghoulavenger wrote:
I took a quick look at your character there Trolldemort. Did you know that using elemental focus prevents ignites, therefore makes combustion AND immolate entirely useless?

I am using RF for immolate swapping increased AOE and conc effect as needed. The only thing I was losing was fire penetration from combustion. I'm still switching stuff around because I don't really want to use conc effect.
Nothing here
Last edited by trolldemort on Jun 11, 2018, 1:05:39 PM
Okay so late into the last thread, someone posted a claim that the final release wave's 500% more damage with hits and ignite multiplies with the 25% more damage per stage. However, not only do I have yet to see a dev comment confirm this, but this also doesn't seem to be the case in-game. Releasing at 1 stack vs. 8 stacks results in the same time to kill on several enemies in my testing.

If it's intended that they multiply, and aren't doing so in game (and also aren't reflected in Path of Building either, but that's a different post), that's a major oversight that needs to be corrected. It would certainly explain why the skill feels so lackluster right now.
Last edited by Kaosuseki on Jun 12, 2018, 11:31:36 AM
"
Kaosuseki wrote:
Releasing at 1 stack vs. 8 stacks results in the same time to kill on several enemies in my testing.

Seems to be working fine on my end. Here's a 2 stack vs 8 stack release on Kuduku.

Interesting. It must have been user error on my end then. I hope PoB updates soon then because I'm not sure how to calculate the release wave ignite damage on my own lol.
"
Kaosuseki wrote:
Interesting. It must have been user error on my end then. I hope PoB updates soon then because I'm not sure how to calculate the release wave ignite damage on my own lol.

Depends on how the % More is done internally.

Best case scenario 8 stage Wave hit for 16x the base incinerate hit. (3 x 6), 200% more from 8 stages and 500% more from Wave multiply together

Worst case scenario 8 stage Wave hits for 8x the base hit if the 200% and the 500% add together to become a big More modifier.

Looks to me like the 8 stage wave did about 2x as much damage as the 2 stage wave, which falls in line with the 1st method of calculation.

I think that, releasing at 8 stages is a 16x hit and at 4 stages it's a 8x hit. Also based on testing it takes 2 casts to move up from one stage to the next. So base cast time of 0.2 seconds, it takes about 3 seconds to reach 8th stage, or about 16x your incinerate cast time. Might be 3.2 seconds, I'm not 100% sure.

Since you spend 2 casts at each stage, the total damage done over 3ish seconds is: 32x base damage, or on average 2x base damage per cast if you run and gun from stage 0 to stage 8. The Final wave deals a big punch of 16x when released at max stages, so you're looking at 48x base damage over 3 seconds. Which changes your average from 2x to 3x. And 3x damage is what you'd be doing if you held the channel. Final wave makes moving and starting from stage 0 not punishing when playing selfcast incinerate.

By the way, none of this factors in the ignite damage, because that depends heavily on whether you invested ignites or not. My guess is that ignite focused build allows for higher realistic single target dps when you have to frequently move.

All in all it's a good skill, I just wish we didn't have to cast for 2 seconds per stage, might make the skill a bit busted though. Would make it take half as much time to ramp up, so you'd get smoother damage curves and twice as many final waves, which is pretty nutty.

GGG why isn't a stage a cast? I mean come on what other ability does this? Error or intended, can we get an official word?
I mean FB is by cast speed, so is SR and Blight debuffs on cast speed too. Whats up with Incinerate?
"
lalib wrote:
Can we get clarification on the number of casts required to move from one incinerate stage to the next? I have 9.71 casts per second and it takes almost 2 seconds to reach the 8th incinerate stage. With the increased number of stages, my assumption is that each cast advances to the next stage.

https://gfycat.com/NegativeBlushingAlaskanmalamute

Character build: Quad Hierophant Incinerate Totems
Level: 85
Complimenting abilities: a whole lotta cast speed

+1
Thank you for your work in showing this.
This really slows dps incinerate can do and with the META for years now being speed is a massive issue.

What are incursions but even more clear speed meta focus. Its dps is still high but, unlike FlameBlast takes too longer to get there.
Flame blast builds will get off full 10 stacks in 1 sec (usually under) this is before incinerate hit its 4th stack READ FOURTH STACK. Still, most people are missing the massive damage the last wave does. It does seem to get both the 200% from the 8 stages (or 100% from 4) plus 500% from itself. When comparing 1 sec damage bursts this makes Flameblast and incinerate about the same damage (typically favoring incinerate). The more you go under 1sec the more flameblast does, and over 1 second incinerate totally beats it.

As for damage application (the most important aspect to clear speed meta) flameblast does it better hands down, as you don't have to face hump bosses. And for anyone playing incinerate can tell you unless you hit ~200 aoe (x 2.0 or higher) range mobs run up to you and often stop just short of your max range.
Still most stuff dies real quick. And the scaling in aoe at 3 stages is +12 rad and at 4 stages +15 meaning you get much of your aoe scaling sub 1 sec. and the degree (cone to 1/2 circle) occurs fully at 3 stages or ~0.75s. providing a great bonus to clearing.
You still are going to want to get use to and only play with with builds that face tank.

Thank you GGG for your work.
Last edited by Amarath on Jun 13, 2018, 4:22:47 PM
"
trolldemort wrote:
My thoughts on Incinerate so far:

-absolutely horrible traverse speed of the release wave. It is literally faster to just shield charge to the enemies and start a new channel to kill them than wait for the wave to reach the enemies. Basically only usable for bosses.
-due to ABSOLUTE lack of mana leech for spell casters outside of warlords in 6l this skill is basically unsustainable without at least one elreon jewelry piece. In bestiary one could probably work around this by picking fenumus toxin + eldritch battery but this gear is now unobtainable.
-damage: maybe I'm just bad, but my (https://pastebin.com/0XnpyGGH) 10k per hit 100k dps incinerate fails to deal enough damage to kill red tier architects on time and even this is only achieved with RF buff
-clear: at this point I completely lost any hope that I'll be able to clear incursions without extensive usage of vaal fireball
-already mentioned cast speed bug. My tooltip (without faster casting gem)says 0.15 cast time so I should reach 8 stages in a ssecond. In practice it takes 3s which is bizarre. With faster casting gem (0.12s tooltip) it drops to bit over 2s until 8 stages.
-when it comes to DOT variant, even with ignite buffs and release wave it's barely possible to reach 100k dps. Have fun being smacked by shaper guardians while you burn them for 2 minutes until they finally die. I'll greatly appreciate a link to a build that proves otherwise

Words cannot express my disappointment but this image can

Suggestions:
-revert the last minute nerf. Under no shape and form is this skill capable of reaching DPS that would warrant the nerf (but feel free to prove me otherwise)
-double the traverse speed of the wave
-change the 500% more damage with ignite to damage with ailment, like flameblast. Why?
*this would revive (at least to some extent) fire to chaos builds that have been nerfed on multiple levels due to double dipping which has been removed
*flameblast being the only one being suited for fire/poison builds is inconsistend and honestly, makes little practical sense

Thank you for the new visual effect.

I'm agree , incinerate need a little more love for damage and flame spread speed .Even with almost the best stuff he does't compete with blade flurry for example. Very hard to reach 1 M shaper dps; it need more than this 30 % damage effectiveness and the base dmg is too low .

Keep up the good work.
Last edited by Elf_97 on Jun 19, 2018, 11:16:53 AM
"
lalib wrote:
Can we get clarification on the number of casts required to move from one incinerate stage to the next? I have 9.71 casts per second and it takes almost 2 seconds to reach the 8th incinerate stage. With the increased number of stages, my assumption is that each cast advances to the next stage.

https://gfycat.com/NegativeBlushingAlaskanmalamute

Character build: Quad Hierophant Incinerate Totems
Level: 85
Complimenting abilities: a whole lotta cast speed

Also met this bug.
For my lower cast speed, it take almost 3 seconds to reach full stage.
This bug tortured every incinerate player.
It doesn't make sense, shouldn't the stage get one more stage every cast?
And why don't we get any reply for weeks? Is the stack issue a bug or not? Will you fix this issue?
I was blessed by finding an Echo shrine.
it boosted my cast speed to about 20.60
with that, I'd say it was maybe 0.25 of a second to get to stage 8, basically instant, but a small noticeable delay.

Sooo, if anything it's working how they intended, but just requires a lot higher numbers than we expected. just get t1 cast speed on every gear and 20/20 cast speed + echo supports, you can get to stage 8 before being slammed by a choreographed attack and die.
rawr. fear me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info