[3.11] Powerful Earthquake Slayer (beginner friendly, leaguestarter, FAST, all content)

For those who struggle with no mana leech, you can anoint Spirit Void on your amulet instead of Kinetic Impacts for the time being, and later, as you progress, you'll get some leech from a jewel.
hey prycro I looked at your most up to date character to see what you've been trying. I was curious if you swapped out seismic cry for intimidating cry on bossing?
Is there any reason not to take any of the impale nodes? I've taken Swift Skewering, Harpooner and Forceful Skewering which costs 9 points but gives me 80% chance to impale.

I'm currently level 88, 5k life with still 2 5% life nodes left to take. Wondering if refunding impale nodes and going for a 3 jewel sockets (currently have 0) will be a better choice in terms of defense and damage. The nodes also give me a total of 37% inc attack phys damage, 8% inc attack speed and overwhelm 25% phys damage reduction on impaled enemies.

Also, would it be worth 4 points to get Soul of Steel to get 77% max fire res, and 76% cold and lightning?
Last edited by n00boxular on Jul 2, 2020, 2:04:20 AM
"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:
Is there anything I can do about the long windup time of Earthquake? I appreciate I've just started maps and I'm under geared but the windup is taking so long I can see this being a problem in later maps.

To quote this earlier statement, I have a lot more gear now and well into Mapping (just starting to clear early Red Maps (T11). I've killed all of the Conquerors with 2x Watcher Stones, I'm looking to kill the 3x Watcher Stone Conquerors now). A quick video of my 2x Watchstone Baran kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvm1r9wfDA

Atziri's Disfavour, more attack speed, flasks and a 5 link make a huge difference here to the windup time and general survivability/smoothness of the build.

I was also not using Close Combat as I only had a 4Link up until just before the Baran kill above and I was also using Kaom's Primacy as my 2H weapon. I think Close Combat is a bit underrated as it makes you move much faster and makes things much smoother.

Any thoughts on the next upgrades? Gear is below:

"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:
"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:
Is there anything I can do about the long windup time of Earthquake? I appreciate I've just started maps and I'm under geared but the windup is taking so long I can see this being a problem in later maps.

To quote this earlier statement, I have a lot more gear now and well into Mapping (just starting to clear early Red Maps (T11). I've killed all of the Conquerors with 2x Watcher Stones, I'm looking to kill the 3x Watcher Stone Conquerors now). A quick video of my 2x Watchstone Baran kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvm1r9wfDA

Atziri's Disfavour, more attack speed, flasks and a 5 link make a huge difference here to the windup time and general survivability/smoothness of the build.

I was also not using Close Combat as I only had a 4Link up until just before the Baran kill above and I was also using Kaom's Primacy as my 2H weapon. I think Close Combat is a bit underrated as it makes you move much faster and makes things much smoother.

Any thoughts on the next upgrades? Gear is below:

No suggestions but ty for the build feedback, helped pushed me into getting an Atziri from my random 600 PDPS axe. Let's see how it does!
nice build, keep it up.
Does anyone mind clearing some stuff up for me? On the guide there are three warcries linked up together: Generals, Seismic, and Intimidate. Do we actually use all three? I was watching the video demo's and I only see the latter two being used. I'm also confused. I come from playing a spectre build and play piano with my flasks. Do I have to play piano with my flasks on this build all the while spamming warcries every 4-6 seconds? I appreciate any feedback!
"
n00boxular wrote:
Is there any reason not to take any of the impale nodes? I've taken Swift Skewering, Harpooner and Forceful Skewering which costs 9 points but gives me 80% chance to impale.

I'm currently level 88, 5k life with still 2 5% life nodes left to take. Wondering if refunding impale nodes and going for a 3 jewel sockets (currently have 0) will be a better choice in terms of defense and damage. The nodes also give me a total of 37% inc attack phys damage, 8% inc attack speed and overwhelm 25% phys damage reduction on impaled enemies.

Also, would it be worth 4 points to get Soul of Steel to get 77% max fire res, and 76% cold and lightning?

I'm curious about Impale as well. I took The Impaler notable, and enough nodes to get my impale chance to 70% (some reddit spreadsheet implies this is the "sweet spot" with that notable).

I'm not sure that I can tell the difference Impale makes when smacking bosses... I suppose un-spec it and see what the difference is.

Personally I prefer not to have a warcry rotation to manage, so I just have Enduring Cry set to spam, so that does leave some nodes to try pushing the DPS "over the top" and impale felt like the way to go. Anyone else trying The Impaler?
"
"
n00boxular wrote:

I'm curious about Impale as well. I took The Impaler notable, and enough nodes to get my impale chance to 70% (some reddit spreadsheet implies this is the "sweet spot" with that notable).

I'm not sure that I can tell the difference Impale makes when smacking bosses... I suppose un-spec it and see what the difference is.

Personally I prefer not to have a warcry rotation to manage, so I just have Enduring Cry set to spam, so that does leave some nodes to try pushing the DPS "over the top" and impale felt like the way to go. Anyone else trying The Impaler?

I skipped The Impaler since impale adds damage based on the hit that applied the impale. Most mobs and bosses will get hit by my leap slam first, which means they won't get impaled by my EQ until the 4 sec duration expires. Currently I'm thinking of dropping the impale nodes for more defense, since all we have is fortify and steelskin. But even then I wouldn't know what to get apart from more life...
I'm curious about better defenses as well, since I feel like my dps is pretty solid but I'm super squishy. I removed the Natural Authority warcry passives because it doesn't seem that important compared to more life (but yeah what else can we do?).

Has anybody tried the arctic armour/herald of purity route? I'm just running pride/herald of ash/blood and sand atm.

What about Disciple of the Unyielding for the annoint? Is there a better way to get endurance charges other than having it as mouse1?
IGN: SirCritoris
Last edited by Nahsil on Jul 3, 2020, 3:32:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info