3.3 RAT is back! Elemental Hit Ranged Attack Totems HIERO

Hello Guys, my Name is Emilyerdbär (the german version of Strawberryshortcake). I've played PoE for around 1500 hours and yeah.. i love totems.

First i'm going to try and write everything down i can imagine about the things i have done, aswell as going forward with this build. English is not my mothertonge, so be aware of typos.
This is my first Guide(Guideline) and an ongoing piece of work for me.
Hopefully u guys will enjoy this

This Build focusses on the revamped Skill Elemental hit, 5 Totems with good Clearspeed and Bossdamage.

IMPORTANT:check the PoB link for actual changes, will update the guide on its specifics later.

Achievements
Spoiler
T13 Elder deathless

Important Gems
With Frostferno:

Elemental Hit - Ranged Attack Totem - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Greater Multiple Projectiles (Clear) / Slower Projectiles (Boss)

6-Linked Chest or Bow:
Elemental Hit - Ranged Attack Totem - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Empower(4) -
Greater Multiple Projectiles (Clear) / Slower Projectiles (Boss)

If u want to go for 6-linked Bow and dont have Empower 4, take Combustion Support instead.

Frenzy - Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Flammability

Keystones:

Avatar of Fire, Ancestral Bond, Elemental Overload, Point Blank.

Some Explenation:
Elemental Hit got changed, in the way that ALL three elemental damage mods are GIVEN on the Gem, meaning, if we convert elemental damage with Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire Gem we get a lot of flat fire damage alone from the Skillgem. Then we put in Combat Focus Crimson and Viridian Jewel in our tree, so that Elemental Hit is able to deal only Fire Damage. With that in mind, we can focus alot on pure elemental damage mods, flat fire and cold mods and attack speed mods, to enhance the raw power of the base value of the Gem.

--------

Tree:

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/Xa9uhEYq
if everything is up and running, we sit at 500k Shaper-DPS per totem, enjoy

Bandit:

Alira or kill all

Auras:

Vaal Haste(+regular Haste) and Clarity (lowlevel)

--------

Items:

Weapon:

Chin Sol

Focus on Attack Speed Roll

Helmet:

Frostferno

Pretty much a Six-Link with amazing stats.

Quiver:

Skirmish Two-Point Arrow Quiver

Cheap, +1 Totem. A Perfect Shaped Quiver might be better, but certanly not sure.

Chest:

Expensive: Kaom's Heart
Budget: Tabula Rasa (especially if u are missing the other uniques)

Amulet:

The Effigon
Super strong amulet, there are 2 reliable ways to blind enemys
1) Link "Chance to Blind" to your Orb of Storms
2) Get 1-2 Abyss Jewels with Blind on hit
I go with the Abyss jewels

Rings:

Rare's with Life -> Res -> % Increased Elemental Damage With Attack Skills -> Stats(probably Dex)

Belt:

Rare (Stygian Vise if possible)
Again, Life -> Res -> % Increased Elemental Damage... u know the deal.

Gloves:

Preferably Tombfist

Gripped Gloves is your next best bet.

Life -> Res -> Attack Speed -> (fill Dex if needed)

Boots:

Life -> Res -> 30% Movement Speed -> Dex

--------

Enchants:

Gloves: non with Gripped Gloves, everything else idk really, maybe the clone one.
Helmet: Elemental Hit Attack Speed or Damage
Boots: Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently

FLasks:

1-2 Health Flask's
1 Silver Flask
1 Wise Oak (Highest Res has to be Fire)
1-2 Quicksilver

Jewels

Combat Focus Viridian Jewel
Combat Focus Crimson Jewel
Poacher's Aim

Videos
Spoiler
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/270740121
Poorly played and sorry for the bad quality, im still trying stuff around

More coming soon!

Changelog
Spoiler
Changed Anger with Haste(Vaal Haste)
Added Tombfist as possible best Gloves
Added Jewels
Changed a few Items to achieve 500k Shaper-DPS per Totem

Credits
Spoiler

Thanks to hunTShoo for the input on the Bow and Helmet options!

Tell me what u guys think in the comments, as i said in the beginning, this is an ongoing project and please dont hesitate to tell me something if u think it's wrong (or good :) )
Last edited by Emilyerdbär on Jun 9, 2018, 6:39:03 PM
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2018, 2:47:04 PM
How is the damage? Bosses going down or are they a pain?
Did you use spell totems to level?
Last edited by animalhouse on Jun 6, 2018, 9:09:14 PM
"
How is the damage? Bosses going down or are they a pain?
Did you use spell totems to level?

Hey! So far t8-10 bosses are melting in about a few seconds on a level 19gem, its not near the actual burst of the "broken" doublestrike shenanigans, but still really high.
Clearing is as smoth as it gets, with gmp and the +1pierce jewel u get from a quest, it cleans screens away on a single totem shot.

Would like to insert some footage of the gameplay but i'm not that experienced in video editing etc.

As far as leveling goes, i put some alchs into leveling bows, played with the elehit totem right from the beginning together with shrapnel shot on self use, on lvl 19 i equipped the skirmish, and ran the double totem and it cleaned from then on.
Rush Ancestral Bond and Avatar of Fire on the tree, then get the jewels and ur pretty much done with the important stuff as u level with a breeze.
Last edited by Emilyerdbär on Jun 6, 2018, 11:51:24 PM
Thanks for this. I'm interested in trying this next. Keep us updated.
Could you post a video? i would like to see it in action
Sounds fun.
I think of rerolling my Arc-Totem into Ele hit as arc is a bit odd.
Just need to farm some more regrets...

Have you thought of using Doomfletch Prism or Nuros Harp?
"
Could you post a video? i would like to see it in action

I'll try, but as i said, i'm not into that stuff from a knowledge point.

"
Sounds fun.
I think of rerolling my Arc-Totem into Ele hit as arc is a bit odd.
Just need to farm some more regrets...

Have you thought of using Doomfletch Prism or Nuros Harp?

Yeah i thought about that, but honestly, the "enemy's cannot evade" mod on lioneye's is just superior.
Maybe, if u are able to stack a lot of accuracy, it could be worth. But jewelry will cost alot more.
Last edited by Emilyerdbär on Jun 7, 2018, 7:54:03 PM
Nice Hipter Build!!
You dont have use GMP... if you have a Rain of Splinter and the aoe of Elemental Hit..
Last edited by paablooaaraam on Jun 7, 2018, 11:09:26 PM
I am not understanding the elemental hit threshhold gems. Each one is different, and for example, one says 'with 40 total int and dex'... Does that mean there needs to be a total of 40 int and 40 dex for that to work in a particular slot?
"
animalhouse wrote:
I am not understanding the elemental hit threshhold gems. Each one is different, and for example, one says 'with 40 total int and dex'... Does that mean there needs to be a total of 40 int and 40 dex for that to work in a particular slot?

Yes..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info