What did Elemental Hit do to deserve this upcoming nerf?

"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:

Once again here's the gear previously linked, you guys try it and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about. Add in whatever flasks you guys use and you'll be surprised at your results.

I don't need to use that gear to see the results are bad.

By your own admission, t11 bosses are a problem for you, despite using a single-target skill in a 6L on a level 87 character or whatever. Already a very bad start.

Second off, you're not even using anything unique about elemental hit. You're just adding random flat damage from other sources onto a default attack, more or less. You'd be far better served using just about any other bow skill for a build like that. It'd only take about 300 average damage from all other sources combined for the superior damage effectiveness of, say, burning arrow to beat the added damage E-hit has right now. 300 average damage is painfully easy to acquire for a flat-damage stacking build.

Like, you're complaining the rework is nerfing a skill you're using horribly inefficiently.

E-hit basically doesn't *have* an efficient use right now, it's more or less just a hipster 'ironic' skill at the moment. The rework not only makes it competitive with other skills, it gives it a real identity that's a hell of a lot more interesting than merely adding random flat damage.

If you're so pissed about this rework to e-hit 'nerfing' your build and having to grab jewel sockets or whatever, how about swapping out e-hit for another vanilla psuedo-basic attack like frenzy... even in its relatively sad state it'd still be an improvement on your build.
Last edited by Shppy on May 27, 2018, 2:20:13 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's almost like I play a different game. Hell, I probably do. But I've definitely made characters that could not function without EHit into Maps. Because. I. Could.

With a loose enough definition of "function", they certainly do not need EHit to function. You could kill everything with just Quill Rain and Default Attack. "Functions", technically.
Similarly, with a loose enough definition of "a build", you could make strict effort to avoid any and all flat Damage in order to make Elemental Hit an option to consider. This requires not using a decent weapon, or Piscator's and actually no flat scaling. "A build", technically.

You can deem intentionally poor choices to be "a build" if you like. For the purposes of Path of Exile, for General Discussion, and for the development and design of a specific Skill, I do not. There's a time and place for shenanigannery.
"
Shppy wrote:
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:

Once again here's the gear previously linked, you guys try it and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about. Add in whatever flasks you guys use and you'll be surprised at your results.

By your own admission, t11 bosses are a problem for you, despite using a single-target skill in a 6L on a level 87 character or whatever. Already a very bad start.

Second off, you're not even using anything unique about elemental hit. You're just adding random flat damage from other sources onto a default attack, more or less. You'd be far better served using just about any other bow skill for a build like that. It'd only take about 300 average damage from all other sources combined for the superior damage effectiveness of, say, burning arrow to beat the added damage E-hit has right now. 300 average damage is painfully easy to acquire for a flat-damage stacking build.

Like, you're complaining the rework is nerfing a skill you're using horribly inefficiently.

E-hit basically doesn't *have* an efficient use right now, it's more or less just a hipster 'ironic' skill at the moment. The rework not only makes it competitive with other skills, it gives it a real identity that's a hell of a lot more interesting than merely adding random flat damage.

If you're so pissed about this rework to e-hit 'nerfing' your build and having to grab jewel sockets or whatever, how about swapping out e-hit for another vanilla psuedo-basic attack like frenzy... even in its relatively sad state it'd still be an improvement on your build.

Of course I'm using something unique with Elemental Hit; the base 20% chance to freeze + non weapon basing damage. Hence why I have Voltaxic(when using bow) + Call of the Brotherhood on it for Cold & Chaos damage both non reflect due to Herald of Ice. Yes, T11 + bosses are an issue only because they don't freeze / shock like they should despite GGG's recent change stating they should be slowed. If I made and planned my build using Elemental Hit the past year, why should I switch to another skill?

With 100% - 110% chance to freeze, you'd think the bosses would be super chilled and slowed down but nah. Plus having well below -60% cold penetration...…..yeah. Anyways, as I stated before who needs map bosses to level? It's fun to play / use and does not have an issue clearing mobs. 3 reasons I haven't dared to enter it into build of the week is cause:

1) I didn't want it to be nerfed. We all know if you show it off, it's next on the nerf chopping block.

2) It's not a super speed clearing build / skill compared to others.

3) Last but not least, I don't use unique flasks (except rotgut on my bow frenzy char) so I cant tell you how much of a great boost the average x # mil dps player would get if they used the same gear and added taste of hate, etc (Though I can gurantee that one of these guys can damn sure pull off current E.H. to be Elder / Shaper + Uber viable between flasks and Doomfletch's Prism)

"
1453R wrote:
"
Rusery wrote:
New ele hit looks OK. In my opinion, a complete waste of design time/effort. The issue will be its clear speed. As usual its going to fall far behind many other skills. Melee ele hit is a death sentence and there are better skills for ranged.

BrokenOPmeta? Never. It was a running meme back in early 2013 and it will stay there going forward.

Ninety-five percent of the game always falls behind whatever the Clearmonsters decide is The Only Valid Way To Play(TM). The point of Old Skill Reworks like this is to take existing skills that nobody uses, such as noob-trap Elemental Hit, and pull them up to the same general level as the bulk of existing skills.

These rebuilds aren't for you. They're for the B-Level players who're content to go slower than the five-maps-a-minute clearspeed hobos in order to do interesting things, which this new rebuild of E-Hit accommodates nicely.

^^^ This seemed to fit pretty well also

I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
They changed how the skill works so its obvious you will need different build. Skill itself got massive buff, whats nerfed is your specific build that would be better with different skill anyway. Make new build, scale it accordingly to new mechanics, you will double your dps. Even retarded cockroach would know that your current build will not work.
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:

Of course I'm using something unique with Elemental Hit; the base 20% chance to freeze + non weapon basing damage. Hence why I have Voltaxic(when using bow) + Call of the Brotherhood on it for Cold & Chaos damage both non reflect due to Herald of Ice. Yes, T11 + bosses are an issue only because they don't freeze / shock like they should despite GGG's recent change stating they should be slowed. If I made and planned my build using Elemental Hit the past year, why should I switch to another skill?

With 100% - 110% chance to freeze, you'd think the bosses would be super chilled and slowed down but nah. Plus having well below -60% cold penetration...…..yeah. Anyways, as I stated before who needs map bosses to level? It's fun to play / use and does not have an issue clearing mobs. 3 reasons I haven't dared to enter it into build of the week is cause:

1) I didn't want it to be nerfed. We all know if you show it off, it's next on the nerf chopping block.

2) It's not a super speed clearing build / skill compared to others.

3) Last but not least, I don't use unique flasks (except rotgut on my bow frenzy char) so I cant tell you how much of a great boost the average x # mil dps player would get if they used the same gear and added taste of hate, etc (Though I can gurantee that one of these guys can damn sure pull off current E.H. to be Elder / Shaper + Uber viable between flasks and Doomfletch's Prism)

"
1453R wrote:
"
Rusery wrote:
New ele hit looks OK. In my opinion, a complete waste of design time/effort. The issue will be its clear speed. As usual its going to fall far behind many other skills. Melee ele hit is a death sentence and there are better skills for ranged.

BrokenOPmeta? Never. It was a running meme back in early 2013 and it will stay there going forward.

Ninety-five percent of the game always falls behind whatever the Clearmonsters decide is The Only Valid Way To Play(TM). The point of Old Skill Reworks like this is to take existing skills that nobody uses, such as noob-trap Elemental Hit, and pull them up to the same general level as the bulk of existing skills.

These rebuilds aren't for you. They're for the B-Level players who're content to go slower than the five-maps-a-minute clearspeed hobos in order to do interesting things, which this new rebuild of E-Hit accommodates nicely.

^^^ This seemed to fit pretty well also

It is just you. New Elemental Hit can likely do T15 maps and higher with similar gearing cost as your current build.
Good explanation why new Elemental Hit gonna be busted - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8mrg71/the_problem_with_new_elemental_hit_explained_in_a/

Though probably just like Trickster and some other OP stuff it won't survive actual Patch notes and won't work like that. Sigh
Last edited by SunL4D2 on May 28, 2018, 3:23:18 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Good explanation why new Elemental Hit gonna be busted - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8mrg71/the_problem_with_new_elemental_hit_explained_in_a/

Though probably just like Trickster and some other OP stuff it won't survive actual Patch notes and won't work like that. Sigh

I would certainly hope it doesn't survive, it would be incredibly stupid if it did.

The entire identity of the skill would be compromised because pure fire avatar of fire (+ cotb-pyre) would give double (triple with cotb-pyre) the added damage from the gem that a 'rotating' e-hit would get. It'd be way stronger than any other usage.

May as well change the name to 'avatar of fire hit'.

It needs to just provide the gem's added base damage of the element chosen on a given swing, not all 3.
Last edited by Shppy on May 28, 2018, 4:32:29 PM
Definitely a nerf though.
i heard ele hit will get a theme song when you equip it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOL-EJZjmp0

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I've got a question concerning the new Ele Hit:

How will it interact with Mirage Archer or Ranged Totem and Elemental Equilibrium?

How would someone with Ancestral Bond (who cannot, themselves, cause damage to 'set' EE) work with Elemental Hit to proc EE?

Will Mirage Archer or Totems (or, for that matter, traps/mines) cycle individually or will they all stick to a certain 'element' at a given time? How will Ele Hit mines work? All trigger with the same element, or cycle? Same question goes for traps, since they may not all trigger at the same moment.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on May 29, 2018, 3:07:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info