What did Elemental Hit do to deserve this upcoming nerf?

"
awright wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
maybe only tooltip is bigger. I tried same setup critical dagger blood flurry and molten strike. 160k tooltip blood flurry dont remener ms but was much highier. In reality? Blood flurry killed bosses a way faster than ms.

how many projectiles did you have on MS, and what was your projectile +%, MS tooltip means absolutely dick all if youre fucking around with 3 projectiles a hit, switching between bladeflurry and MS to compare damage isnt just a case of swapping skill gems, you did respec into it for the comparison or just presume crit will carry it ?

Then there's also the threshold jewels and ancestral call and penetration and all that to take into account...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Crash clients.

Yup.
Elehit.dds required the rework. Might as well update the skill while they're there fixing it.
"
awright wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
maybe only tooltip is bigger. I tried same setup critical dagger blood flurry and molten strike. 160k tooltip blood flurry dont remener ms but was much highier. In reality? Blood flurry killed bosses a way faster than ms.

how many projectiles did you have on MS, and what was your projectile +%, MS tooltip means absolutely dick all if youre fucking around with 3 projectiles a hit, switching between bladeflurry and MS to compare damage isnt just a case of swapping skill gems, you did respec into it for the comparison or just presume crit will carry it ?
i also used those treshold jewels for ms. Still bf was faster on killing bosses. Maybe very different setup would give different results. But in my comparison single target bf was way faster. Dont forget that ms has has time till prijectiles fall down. It take forever. ☺️
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Let's ignore all the other things that it has going for it and focus on whatever downsides we can find.

But most of the time GGG when makes skill changes/nerfs they don't explain adequately at all why this is being done. Normally I should think GGG would only need to nerf a skill if it has been shown that it can be used in a way that trivializes the hardest content (and not just with perfect T1 gear). Has that been shown to be true for Elemental Hit? If so then please post how (with video examples if possible). From the OP's post it doesn't sound like EH is anywhere near as good as the speed running meta skills. So I agree with the OP in questioning GGG's decisions to change skills without clear evidence that the skill is too op. Someone from GGG or a player in the know needs to explain the reason for the changes to EH (and other questionable skill changes). If EH is broken then please explain.

Hmm... reading other posts some are saying current EH is causing client crashes. Is that true that all 3 elements damage at same time is bugged and GGG had to do this?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Hmm... reading other posts some are saying current EH is causing client crashes. Is that true that all 3 elements damage at same time is bugged and GGG had to do this?

EVERY TIME they nerf something someone on this forum claims it (whatever) causes client crashes. Said the same thing about mjolnir and tv spectes and who knows what all. How do they know this?

NOBODY KNOWS HOW THEY KNOW. They have the super duper tippy top secret info that no one else does?

Uh huh.
Censored.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Let's ignore all the other things that it has going for it and focus on whatever downsides we can find.

It doesnt do all 3 elements at the same time...

You can currently still do cold/lightning damage from rings etc when it strikes with fire, with the new gem you will only do the cold damage from gear when the skill attacks with cold, you cant deal fire/lightning when it hits with cold. (In the same way AoF stops you dealing anything other than fire)
"
Kastmar wrote:

Just swapping Gems around isn't how you check damage. You need to take into account all the possible balls including from Ancectral Call, Jewels, Dying Sun, Enchant, factor in Point Blank, Iron Grip, changes on the tree and gear, etc. etc. PoB does it better.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
But most of the time GGG when makes skill changes/nerfs they don't explain adequately at all why this is being done. Normally I should think GGG would only need to nerf a skill if it has been shown that it can be used in a way that trivializes the hardest content (and not just with perfect T1 gear).

You seem to be under the impression that the Elemental Hit overhaul is a nerf for some reason; I cannot fathom why. While the current non-builds using EHit are probably worse with the reworked version, they can be fixed by switching to anything else. Other Attack skills overshadow EHit's Damage potential, either through multi-hitting (TShot) or %base Damage (Power Siphon). There is no such thing as an "Elemental Hit build".

Losing a way to shoot ourselves in the foot by intentionally using a weaker Attack Skill is no real loss at all. The new EHit requires an actual build.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
There is no such thing as an "Elemental Hit build".

*one...arched...eyebrow* Is that so?

There are characters that use Elemental Hit. They are generic IAS/flat scaling builds, intentionally using worse delivery mechanisms. They could exchange Elemental Hit with almost anything else, and be the same character still (but stronger). If Default Attack could be supported, it'd be an adequate replacement. Nothing ties them to using Elemental Hit - the character shown on pg. 3 even casually switches between melee, wand and bow because it's such an utterly generic setup.

There are builds that can utilize Elemental Hit. There are no builds that do not function without Elemental Hit.
I giggle here,because no one mentioned the most broken item to use with new elemental hit.
It will be so fun and so strong...
Hint: It will take over 100mana per second and cost under 15chaos for end game dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info