[XBOX ONE] - Raise Zombie Inoperable

Hi,

Are you guys aware that the 'Raise Zombie' spell doesn't work 90% of the time? What is interesting is that if I hold down 'Summon Raging Spirit' for 4-5 seconds and then switch to the 'Raise Zombie' button the skill will sometimes work.

It's not dependent on button-mapping as I've tested moving the skill around. I have not played the game in a few months and I'm <=6 hours into my new necromancer. It's not going to be possible to play Necromancer with this bug... during Boss fights I'll need to summon my defeated zombies.

How does something like this get past Quality Control? You can easily write some unit tests utilizing the SendInput Function with the INPUT.type set to INPUT_HARDWARE for simulating Xbox controller input for automating the testing of some of these essential class skills.

Thanks,
-Dave
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2018, 10:19:44 AM
Hi David,

Raise Zombie appears to be working as intended without issue for me internally. Do you have enemy corpses available near your character when using this ability? It requires them to raise a zombie.
Hi,

Are you sure it's working as intended? It almost seems like the issue may be related to object targeting. While in the heat of battle even though I have not used 'Raise Zombie' in a while (my cool-down is at 1.23s) if I am standing in a pile of corpses and cast the spell nothing happens. I move around a bit and try again and nothing happens, a third time and it succeeds.

Thanks,
-Dave
Yep, I tried it with >100 monsters surrounding me and various other states, all of which were fine.

Do you have the skill bound to your 'A' key and are you around chests or interact-able objects when trying to cast this?

Perhaps you can take a video of the issue you're experiencing and attach it here so I can see whats happening.
Hi,

I just walked upon a chest and it took 7 seconds for the 'A' button to appear before I could open it. I wonder if the same targeting logic is used for corpses.

That would explain why 'Raise Zombie' does nothing half the time during a battle.

Thanks,
-Dave

Hi,

How about a video of me standing next to a chest for over a minute and the 'A' button to open it never appearing. Will that do?

Object targeting seems to be affected by NPC appearing on the edge of the screen. It seems to 'break' local object targeting (probably for prioritizing the battle with NPC).

Just go find a location with a chest or corpse and allow NPC to walk in and out of the edge of your screen. Walk back and forth towards the chest... or corpse. Observe that targeting is severely delayed for chests and corpses.

Thanks,
-Dave
Hi,

Here is a video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvDyr32D62bgrVH1aY_tSti8DPLw

Notice how at the very end... when all of the NPC walk off the screen the chest becomes ready for interaction. Do you know if the corpse-targeting logic is using the same code?

My play style is to immediately stop when I see NPC and begin casting my spells.

Thanks,
-David

Hi David,

At the beginning of your video when you're circling the chest, monsters have a higher targeting priority, so these will take your cursor focus when facing in their general direction over chests. After they're dead you'll see that your cursor targets the Cairn and the other chest when you turn towards it again. Later in your video around the 1:05~ mark there's the chest beside you, but again the monsters will take targeting priority, though you can use the 'RS' to change what you're targeting.
Hi,

The first 1.5 minutes of that video contains nothing of importance. I did not trim the video.

So you are saying that the chest not becoming interactive at the end of the video is normal and expected behavior?

It's completely unintuitive.

My questions remains:

1.) Does the automatic corpse targeting follow the same logic as that chest in the video?

Thanks,
-David

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:

you can use the 'RS' to change what you're targeting.

Is this correct? I am unable to get 'RS' to do anything at all.

I have tested and holding down Left Trigger + Left Stick seems to allow me to target objects. I don't ever remember Right Stick being used for this.

Do you play on Xbox?

Thanks,
-David

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info