[3.4 Updated-Inquis]Fire or Ice Cyclone Inquisitor!

"
Beverast wrote:
Still really enjoying your build,and I admire your dedication to cyclone!

I just had a question, for the Ice Cyclone Inquisitor variant is Kaom's Heart still best in slot for a chest piece?

That depends on what you're intending to do I suppose. I like kaoms for the hp boost which just makes everything feel smooth and I feel I have enough dps that it wasn't hurting anything. Bronn's, Carcass Jack, Belly of the Beast, Loreweave, Shroud of the Lightless... and more can work they way into the chest slot perfectly fine.

I like the build!
But i can't seem to find the final conversion to fire/cold. For the fire conversion, avatar of fire only converts 50% of all damage to fire and Pyre convert 40% of cold. So that makes it 90%. What about the rest of the 10%?
Same goes for the cold conversion, the Hrimsorrow/Hrimburn gloves convert 50% of damage to Cold and the skill tree gives 40% conversion. What about the rest of the 10%? You're going with 90% Cold and 10% physical or am I wrong?

Thanks!
"
jfalegard wrote:
I like the build!
But i can't seem to find the final conversion to fire/cold. For the fire conversion, avatar of fire only converts 50% of all damage to fire and Pyre convert 40% of cold. So that makes it 90%. What about the rest of the 10%?
Same goes for the cold conversion, the Hrimsorrow/Hrimburn gloves convert 50% of damage to Cold and the skill tree gives 40% conversion. What about the rest of the 10%? You're going with 90% Cold and 10% physical or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Cold is only a 90% conversion, correct. Fire is basically 100% elemental conversion because Avatar of fire doesn't allow you to deal ANY damage other than fire and converts every other damage source into fire.
"
Muirey wrote:
"
jfalegard wrote:
I like the build!

Thanks!

Cold is only a 90% conversion, correct. Fire is basically 100% elemental conversion because Avatar of fire doesn't allow you to deal ANY damage other than fire and converts every other damage source into fire.

Alright, but doesn't Avatar of Fire only convert 50% of all sources of damage to fire?

Avatar of fire: "50% of Physical, Cold and Lightning Damage Converted to Fire Damage. Deal no Non-Fire Damage"

Hence you're dealing 50% of all your other sources of damage than fire now as fire damage from Avatar of fire and 40% from physical to cold conversion in skill tree and through Pyre that converts the 40% to fire. So you're only dealing 90% of your total damage as fire and the last 10% disappears?
"
jfalegard wrote:
Alright, but doesn't Avatar of Fire only convert 50% of all sources of damage to fire?

Avatar of fire: "50% of Physical, Cold and Lightning Damage Converted to Fire Damage. Deal no Non-Fire Damage"

Hence you're dealing 50% of all your other sources of damage than fire now as fire damage from Avatar of fire and 40% from physical to cold conversion in skill tree and through Pyre that converts the 40% to fire. So you're only dealing 90% of your total damage as fire and the last 10% disappears?

Correct, the last little bit goes poof but gaining the 'cover enemies in ash' that comes with the amulet it makes up for that loss.

When I said "basically 100% elemental conversion" is because there isn't that 10% physical damage left over.
Question: Are you taking the "Slaughter" Axe Keystone mainly for the chance at getting Onslaught procs? Because isn't the Accuracy part of it wasted since we are running resolute technique?

I just was curious about it since at first glance the "Cleaving" Keystone seems like it would yield more dps+bleeding...but I am probably missing something lol.
Last edited by Beverast on Jun 15, 2018, 12:39:46 AM
"
Beverast wrote:
Question: Are you taking the "Slaughter" Axe Keystone mainly for the chance at getting Onslaught procs? Because isn't the Accuracy part of it wasted since we are running resolute technique?

I just was curious about it since at first glance the "Cleaving" Keystone seems like it would yield more dps+bleeding...but I am probably missing something lol.

Mainly for the attack speed and damage but the onslaught on kill is a very nice to have. Bleed doesn't do much for us because we only have a very little bit of physical damage left over as the cold version and does zero for us as the fire version. That is why I don't typically take the Cleaving wheel and instead go for either "Butchery" (which I take in passive tree) or Executioner.

For my personal preference I like to get a healthy amount of attack speed. I feel it makes cyclone.. not feel like shit? :D

Higher movement speed and attack speed just makes cyclone feel smoother in my experience.
Hi I’m loving the cold version of this build and I was wondering if voidforge is a workable replacement until I can get a 6 link disfavor. Love your guides and passion for cyclone cheers!
"
Hi I’m loving the cold version of this build and I was wondering if voidforge is a workable replacement until I can get a 6 link disfavor. Love your guides and passion for cyclone cheers!

6l disfavour is just nice to have, any disfavour is a good disfavour. I have used voidforge with my slayer build but it really works best with a build focused on using Voidfordge.

I can't see your characters atm but a Kondo's pride or any 450 or so physical dps axe will carry you until Disfavour.

I used this while saving for disfavour in league. Think it cost me less than 10c very early in league so probably much cheaper now.
"
Muirey wrote:
"

6l disfavour is just nice to have, any disfavour is a good disfavour. I have used voidforge with my slayer build but it really works best with a build focused on using Voidfordge.

I can't see your characters atm but a Kondo's pride or any 450 or so physical dps axe will carry you until Disfavour.

I used this while saving for disfavour in league. Think it cost me less than 10c very early in league so probably much cheaper now.

Excellent, thanks for the advice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info