Op monsters and mods of the past

Just a look back on some of the most unavaoidable instant kill mechanics. If you got any pls say the name of the mob or the mod and post a video link to showcase it =).

My first pick goes to Order of the frozen sky in its original implementation in the 1.0 release. It still sends shivers down my spine thinking of this mod.

Here a example video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJHf9MfDi4
This player was most likely frost res capped. Needless to say it was of no use...
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Last bumped on May 23, 2018, 8:00:27 PM
Devourers used to kill you before they even emerged from their burrows.
So we have 2 popular discussions on monsters now:

1. Monster are OP when they are dead
2. Monsters are OP when they are not dead

Wewa!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Devourers used to kill you before they even emerged from their burrows.

Good one.

Devourers: I believe they were released along side act 2 but couldn't find it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1x-6En0ziM
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Pre-rework reflect rares vs. any build that does significant offscreen damage. You could see an empty screen, right-click, and your character drops dead.

Anything that casts Fireball or some variation + multiple projectiles + summoner builds. Particularly nasty in the Dominus fight.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 23, 2018, 7:52:32 AM
There was a time when people died to voidbearers in Docks. Their incinerate used to shotgun with additional projectiles added.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Really there's nothing more scary than old school devourers. I kinda feel both good & bad for the players that have only experienced the current, slowed down versions of them.

You'd get into a desert/beach tier 1 map and if there were devourers you just portalled out if you didn't have defensive layers.

2-3 were enough to rip your character back to standard and they were very, very fast & scary.

Another one is Haast, but he's still scary.
Last edited by Acaste7 on May 23, 2018, 8:01:40 AM
"
stevich wrote:
If you got any pls say the name of the mob or the mod and post a video link to showcase it =)

Old mechanics *molten/waller*.
I personally thought double stormherald was the absolute worst when they brought nemesis league out, whenever you ended up with 2 in the same place it became like a total zone denial and the damage was just unreal with the 30>60>90% shock stacking ><
"
stevich wrote:
Devourers: I believe they were released along side act 2 but couldn't find it out.

I don't think so, it was in one of the trailer vids but it was one that wasn't added to the game for quite a while, you are looking 1. something after act three was added at least.

lightning thorns was one i remember seeing a lot of QQ about, because attacking 10+ times per second and taking flat damage each hit.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 23, 2018, 9:33:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info