Op monsters and mods of the past

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

lightning thorns was one i remember seeing a lot of QQ about, because attacking 10+ times per second and taking flat damage each hit.

This one! First ever HC death for me was to this shit :)
Walked into a room full of spark skellies and BOOM, dead.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
This thread is giving bad flashbacks. Had plenty of deaths to most of what has been posted at some point. I still remember dying gloriously to a massive group of Devourers in Tainted Paradise when they were OP.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Devourers definetely! Current version is a (sad) joke of what they used to be.

Also Dropbears where more scary when first implemented, I think their drop damage was much higher...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Not entirely removed, since there's still one boss who uses it (no idea what map they currently reside in), but what about phylacteral link?
Also, I still recall some nasty memories of chaos bond, especially on fast moving enemies.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
It was before I played the game (I think), but the best one I've heard of is rare suicide bombers from Western forest.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Not entirely removed, since there's still one boss who uses it (no idea what map they currently reside in), but what about phylacteral link?

That thing funking melts me. We hates it.
I seem to recall getting gunned down multiple times to Tentacle Miscreations in Lunaris.
Been there. RIP'd to that.
orchard devourer boss and kole ( the nightmare of all beginners running into him).
"
Nubatron wrote:
I seem to recall getting gunned down multiple times to Tentacle Miscreations in Lunaris.

That plus 2nd level of Lunaris Temple (Piety run) near beginning (usually) there was a Spinecrack beast (unique whipping miscreation) that would routinely one-shot non-tank builds. I ripped many a time if I was surprised by it (usually going up or straight down as distance to screen edge is shortest). That creature is still there but has been nerfed so now you have to have a really crappy build to get one-shot whipped. But the old version was nasty.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info