Here are the details for the revamped Cold Snap Skill!

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Heartsease wrote:
I think it has become too complex. I like the original one, and instead Vortex could be changed into a delayed freeze effect gem(e.g. 20% chance to freeze when stay in its area per second).

Complex? It's far, far simpler to use now.

A complex thing is often very simple to use(like a phone).
A simple thing is often very complex to use(like a pencil).
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
How do you get the idea of damage over time from the word "snap"?
When righteousness falters
And chaos threatens to prevail
I take on a physical body
And manifest myself on earth.
As someone who exclusively plays DoT builds and got an MTx for cold snap in one of those free box deals years ago I might actually play it now.
//go next
"
Heartsease wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Heartsease wrote:
I think it has become too complex. I like the original one, and instead Vortex could be changed into a delayed freeze effect gem(e.g. 20% chance to freeze when stay in its area per second).

Complex? It's far, far simpler to use now.

A complex thing is often very simple to use(like a phone).
A simple thing is often very complex to use(like a pencil).

because talking in a language is so much easier than writing #terribleanalogies
After watching the most recent video about Vaal Skills that was put out with Ziggy/Rory, I can't help but toot my own horn and say I called it on Page 3.

Design decisions concerning the new Cold Snap make sense, given our current state of the game. Additionally, it doesn't look bad at all. It may behave like a ranged Vortex, but it doesn't look like one.

Well, the normal one. Vaal Cold Snap looks like a huge Vortex + current Vaal Cold Snap mixed together. Uncertain how I feel about that.
Bring back race seasons.
Most importantly : Will the DoT apply several times on a mob that is in several Cold Snaps AoE ?

Said differently : If I cast 2 cold snaps on a boss, will the boss take 2 times the dmg per seconds ?
If I cast 10 cold snap, 10x the dmg per sec ?

DoT doesn't fit the flavour of cold snap at all...
as stated in today´s news about skill revamp ...

"and have the cooldown of Cold Snap be bypassed with Power Charges"

Did you really fix this? Since as of now a Cast On Crit Setup with Cold Snap simply does NOT work in terms of cooldown of Cold Snap can be bypassed with Power Charges
So many QQ comments on things that A) arent real problem IMO and B) are expected changes due to xbox sh%ts.
So about A): things like "rip Cold Snap with frenzy charges...they wrote that with its jewel we get power charges back so old Romira's combo should work, isnt it"?
B) cmon, dont tell me you didnt see that coming...since chaos spells introduction we get more and more
DoT spells, mechanics etc that are xbox-friendly. RF buffs / LL RF counted as buff too/ fits xbox stupidity cuz its walk and kill with DoT; melee skills that are kilometers/miles away of the target /esp in boss fight/ or AoE duration ones are also xbox-friendly; lets not forget and necromancers buffs /zombies and golems are better than many totem builds imo/; and now the traps meta and some skill revamps that are made also xbox-friendy.
Its all made with xbox-gameplay in mind IMO.
But i agree Cold Snap is losing its identity after 3.3 -ggg couldve do better job here, but its not the first time we see them lacking ideas or picking the worse/wrong one.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
So coldsnap cooldown bypass with charges with triggers is still not fixed? How many years does it take to address this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info