Here are the details for the revamped Cold Snap Skill!

They took away my Freeze Chance... why did they take away my Freeze Chance T^T
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"Enemies that die while in the area have a chance to grant the caster frenzy charges"

Super simple frenzy generation for Ancestral bond?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
3.3 cold snap+Ice bite is just too obvious a combination, or at least the start of one. I'll still get my freezes and I'll have a built-in way to bypass the cooldown. This is a buff -- sure, but it makes the game that little bit less challenging, and it was/is to me a good, fun sort of challenging.
I've tried to write my feelings on the matter about three times before settling, and there's no really elegant way to put it so this is going to be a ramble. I'm really, really torn and I'm mostly only quoting you because it's what inspired the rant.

I would have expected GGG to emphasise the differences between different skills instead of copypasting another one and calling it a rework. New cold snap is balanced so that you could comfortably sustain it by default, which is the opposite of what I would have liked it to be. Original Cold Snap lost its purpose due to neglect, but it was originally (well, post-redesign) a single, instant, powerful cold spell with a chance to freeze the enemy and a cooldown that prevented spamming this powerful spell, but could be bypassed with building. You were rewarded for being able to sustain it by being able to cast a "powerful" spell repeatedly, like building for Discharge.

The current design wants to be spammed. The cooldown is so trivial to bypass that it's simply there because the original had it, and while the power is extremely high compared to old numbers and spells in general, it's still a baseline sort of power. If you built for it you'd just be spamming the spell that you were already pretty much spamming.

Also, IT'S JUST FUCKING VORTEX. Not even a different damage type. They literally just made Vortex again.
I'm looking forward to more rework info, but this one doesn't fill me with confidence.
Last edited by Hemmingfish on May 22, 2018, 11:49:28 PM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:

Also, IT'S JUST FUCKING VORTEX.

No no no. It's RANGED Vortex!

Yeah this rework is bullshit. Taking away the spell's identity and homogenizing spells is not what rework should be.
dot aside the skill got a 30% damage buff, 6% base crit and 180% dam effectiveness. This is a buff.

e: and cooldown got reduced + way to bypass. You can ignore the dot if you like lol. Btw you prob want to go crit with this skill if it wasn't obvious.
Last edited by ladish on May 23, 2018, 12:15:36 AM
yeah, that damage is completely insane. hopefully it isn't too easy to bypass that cooldown or else ya you just wait, this is going to be a massive boss killer.
I just had a think in the shower, this is going to be absolutely insane with that added damage amulet coming this patch, Elementalist's tri-heralds and Doryani's Fist. Stack ALL the damage!
never thought i'd see him devolve into a forum troll. ALAS
What about the frenzy charge rework you were mentioning before? Have you guys ditched the idea of reworking the charges? At that time, GGG was mentioning that they wanted to change frenzy charges so that those frenzy charges were for attacks but not for spell casters.

With this change, can you confirm the reworking idea has discarded. Thank you.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The word I was going to use to describe this process, which we've seen time and again with GGG, was 'lobotomisation', because it really does seem like they've taken all the brainwork out of it. But then I remembered that a second definition of lobotomisation is to make something slow or sluggish...which is virtually the opposite of what's happening here. I find it curious that traditionally, when you take the need or ability to think out of something, it becomes slow or sluggish, unresponsive. It becomes inadequate in the face of everyday challenges and problems. Do it with PoE and you just speed shit up because PoE doesn't have everyday challenges or problems anymore. It just has really basic, drool-inducingly stupid things to do while your brain is switched off.

Made an edit on Page 3 regarding the 'slow or sluggish' and the opposite remark. Very much agree with you, there. Cold Snap went from a calculated skill to adapting itself to our new Touhou-like race.
Bring back race seasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info