Here are the details for the revamped Cold Snap Skill!

Meh... poor old Cold Snap.
I liked to use it with Cast when Stunned on characters that were easily stunned as an alternative to Eye of Chayula, back when there was no good way to avoid being stunned.
But that needed the high freeze chance to be somewhat reliable. :(

Well, and I also liked the skill to occasionally have burst cold damage with the added benefit of the freeze.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
I just had a think in the shower, this is going to be absolutely insane with that added damage amulet coming this patch, Elementalist's tri-heralds and Doryani's Fist. Stack ALL the damage!

It's looking like there's a substantial damage effectiveness rebalance coming in 3.3. This isn't the only skill whose damage effectiveness is notably higher compared to current values, the new traps have rather high ratios for their potential number of hits, and checking out one of ziggyd's videos firetrap has a 200% ratio now.

And yeah, that might *sound* high, but damage effectiveness numbers on most spells have been very lackluster for a while now, to the point where supports like added cold/lightning/chaos on most spells are only around 30% dps amps even if you have no other sources of added damage or +level to your spell. Damage effectiveness rates have needed a buff.
Last edited by Shppy on May 23, 2018, 5:03:41 AM
I sort of miss the days of aRPG's when you'd just "see club, pick it up, hit ogre over head a few times, it dies, move on".

You almost have to run calculus equations here now just to know what's up.

It's like Path of Communist Calculators now.
I dunno, I quite like the look of the change personally, Ill have to see it in action.
So if half of the damage is done over time, where's the 'snap'?

Heck GGG, all you really needed to do was buff the damage and aoe.

Mybe you could even have just have changed the 'Increased freeze duration' to 'Freezes enemies as though dealing (X-Y)% more Damage' like Freezing Mine has while keeping the damage the same.

Well, at least they'll have fixed the thing where skills which consume a charge to skip the cooldown don't work with triggers like Cast While Channelling.

Right?

Edit: Wait, what the hell?! It comes with free frenzy charge generation?

Jesus, I can't imagine what they'll do to Freeze Mine.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on May 23, 2018, 5:06:19 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I dunno, I quite like the look of the change personally, Ill have to see it in action.

Doesn't feel right to me. The way it sounds it just seems like a vortex that can be targeted anywhere... which you can already do, using traps/totems with vortex or using vortex on a frostbolt.

Idk, what I'd have done is make it deal instant damage with its freeze chance and strong chill like now, then release an expanding wave that inflicts a DoT debuff and forced chill to enemies it touches. Maybe have it diminish in strength as the wave expands, maybe not ... feels a little similar to freezing pulse if it does, but it also feels fitting (or maybe just have the chill diminish but the DoT strength not)

THAT would still feel like a 'cold snap' and be something at least remotely different from existing skills.
Last edited by Shppy on May 23, 2018, 5:14:30 AM

When Charan said 'lobotomisation' he wasnt far wrong.

One of the interesting side effects of that evil procedure is it makes the behaviour of the patients almost always the same.

It seems like alot of skills in POE are now lkke that. Different name, but same mechanic. The other skills, well they are just left behind.

As an example, im still trying to make a half decent fireball character.

This however, with all the cold damage and elemental damage plus dot nodes near the assassin, well, scaling this new gem will be a no brainer (thats a bad lobotomy pun.. sorry)

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
Andrius319 wrote:

Please don't link that it triggers me everytime that they ruined a fun design
This is honestly unneeded. Cold Snap is fun and different skill it does not need to be turned into "new" one. I can't remember anyone complaining about it (not in guild for sure), it was more or less easy to make it vialable skill to play if one put his mind to it. The DoT part, why oh why. It is one big SNAP! you dead type of thing, hit hard, shatter and collect the loot.

Btw, will lady Merveil get the new skill too?
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info