[3.3] Crit Seismic / Bladefall Trapper / Life / MoM / League Starter

Hello. I want introduce my idea of the Seismic/Bladefall Trapper.

Why Bladefall instead of Explosive Trap or other traps?

Spoiler
Because both have phys dmg which allows us to use statsticks and shaper/elder amulets for huge DPS boost (extra ele/chaos dmg).

Base physical damage of Exp Trap is 217-325, base physical damage of bladefall is 380-570. So Bladefall scale much better with statstics and also have no ele conversion as it have Exp Trap. And i personaly dont like Exp Trap, used it on start and now wanna swap for Bladefall.

Also in 3.3 trap Support gem have no cooldown, so now it is usefull.

When can u use Seismic Trap?

Spoiler
Its available at lvl 28, but its very-very weak at start.

For using it as main skill u need:

1. "Perfect Crime" and "Chain Reaction" in ascendancy.
2. "Hasty Reconstruction" in tree.
3. Get some cast speed to increase waves frequency.
4. Get "Potency of Will". Yes, it works with seismic trap.

What tactic?

Spoiler
Keep up ur 3 Seismic Traps, while its active, spam Bladefall traps. Repeat.

Gear:

DONT LOOK AT GEMS IN BODY ARMOUR

!!!Cast Speed everywhere where u can get will be very good!!!

Spoiler
I think it is the best choice for trappers now.

We try to find weapons like this. Sceptre can be much better, but with this stats it feels not bad at all. Also claw or dagger with %extra cold/lightning dmg and crit multi some better than this dagger, but more expensive.

Rare amulet with life/dex/mana/spell dmg/crit multi/crit chance or elder with %extra chaos dmg and rare rings with life/dex/mana/resists/crit chance.

Rare gloves with life/dex/resists/Trap or Trap DMG support and boots with life/resists/movement speed. Shaper's boots with cooldown recovery speed will be great.

Belt with life/resists. Shaper's with cooldown recovery speed will be great.

For helmet Starkonja's Head or good rare.

Flasks

Jewels - 3 rares with %life/crit multi(highest priority after life)/spell dmg and Hair Trigger.

Tree lvl 92:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAPkADTYBAHmw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC-4Vt3Vd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h3sGGSqm4ZqNn_GoqMPxDt8uMrB8wjUc23w-ZUgLR9MswQHg9tVxjpY0B_v666zBUJBltD1LJwRLXyD6-4c3LiTKPqCxx2-M4cD7vnoQYe3Pv4K2L3yRTrhpldN4_6PNZIy0YUyly1JT7yqRUfAZgSzogDwH5rgRZ1TUtDQRwbb53BRdm9-sNhUswMyGFMxBneD8WwI8Yq0xWKsbIydqrzqakMI9I8aGDy9JxhWA2Vvd2dOmAageUIs_UoT3wAAAAAA

Leveling tree:

You are not required to follow this trees with high accuracy. All depends on gear. Need damage - take damage nodes, need life - take life nodes. This is approximate examples.

Spoiler
65 points:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAJkADTYBAEmw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC-4Vt3Vd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h3sGGSqm4ZqNn_GoqPB8wjUc23w-dDQRwbb53BRdm9-sNhUswMyGFMxBneD8WwI8Yq0xWKsbIydqpUgLR9MswQHg9tVxjpYrrNBltD1A2Vvd2dOmAageUIs_UoT3wAAAAAA

85 points:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAMEADTYBAF2w2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC-4Vt3Vd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h3sGGSqm4ZqNn_GoqPB8wjUc23w-dDQRwbb53BRdm9-sNhUswMyGFMxBneD8bTFYqxsjJ2qlSAtH0yzBAeD21XGOlius0GW0PUFQiycES18g-vuhTKXLUlPvKoc3LiTKPqCxx2-M4cD7vnovOpqQw_EO3y4ygNlb3dnTpgGoHlCLP1KE98AAAAAAA==

95 points:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AANUADTYBAGew2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC-4Vt3Vd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h3sGGSqm4ZqNn_GoqPB8wjUc23w-dDQRwbb53BRdm9-sNhUswMyGFMxBneD8bTFYqxsjJ2qlSAtH0yzBAeD21XGOlius0GW0PUFQiycES18g-vuhTKXLUlPvKoc3LiTKPqCxx2-M4cD7jLRRUfAZvnoBLOiAEGHtz7-Cti9vOpqQ_AfD8Q7fLjKA2Vvd2dOmAageUIs_UoT3wAAAAAA

106 points:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAOsADTYBAHKw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC-4Vt3Vd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_XDCbmT8h3sGGSqm4ZqNn_GoqPB8wjUc23w-dDQRwbb53BRdm9-sNhUswMyGFMxBneD8bTFYqxsjJ2qlSAtH0yzBAeD21XGOlius0GW0PUFQiycES18g-vuhTKXLUlPvKoc3LiTKPqCxx2-M4cD7jLRRUfAZvnoBLOiAEGHtz7-Cti9vOpqQ5rgRZ1TUvAfbAjxitAf7-sYPL0nGFaPGg_EO3y4ygNlb3dnTpgGoHlCLP1KE98AAAAAAA==

Gems:
Spoiler

5L:Bladefall + Trap/Trap and Mine Damage (elder gloves) + Conc/AoE + Cluster Traps + (if u will find gloves with both mods it will be very good, then add Crit Damage gem)

6L:Seismic Trap + Trap and Mine Damage + Inc Critical Strikes + Conc/AoE + Advanced Traps (сooldown + duration) + Faster Casting (to increase waves frequency, maybe we will not need it, but i still dont know)

3L:Whirling Blades/Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify

3L:CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

Herald of Ash/Hatred(i prefer HoA, more free mana and not so much damage loss), Clarity, Enduring Cry

Bear Trap (in 3.3 it apply debuff and increase trap damage taken)

Optional:

Vaal Clarity + Increased Duration

As u can see, here are some free sockets, so u can use other gems what u want.

PoB 92 lvl with approximate gear:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/zU79AcmS

Bandits:

Spoiler
Alira or kill all.

Thanks for reading. Will be glad to hear your advices to improve this build.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on Jun 6, 2018, 1:29:24 AM
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2018, 12:37:23 PM
thanks,it's a good idea
"
thanks,it's a good idea

thanks, glad u like it!
also theorycrafting with bladefall traps^^ but PoB only..

I'm going the poison route via trickster. key: MoM, apep's rage & apep's slumber (new 3.3 shield). also maybe with the golden rule jewel, but have to find out if it doesn't wreck me. for clearing: explosive traps with inc AoE; i like their effect and at least they're 50% phys ;)
"
also theorycrafting with bladefall traps^^ but PoB only..

I'm going the poison route via trickster. key: MoM, apep's rage & apep's slumber (new 3.3 shield). also maybe with the golden rule jewel, but have to find out if it doesn't wreck me. for clearing: explosive traps with inc AoE; i like their effect and at least they're 50% phys ;)

Hmm, are u sure u will not have problems with trap cooldown?

As Trickster vs Saboteur ascendancy u will lose 50% cooldown for throwing traps and its a very huge loss i think coz as sabo i have some breaks for throwing trap after i throwing it 3 times in a row.

Maybe rare shaper belt and boots with cooldown recovery mod can help but anyway in best case its only 30%. For poison build pauses between aplying poison stacks isnt good thing.

Also without Sabo ascendancy u will lose 25% reduced mana cost for traps, ur trap will cost about 110-120 mana (depending on ur gems) and with apep's rage it going to be like 150-160 mana. So u need to manage ur mana regen.

Thats all what i can advice, good luck with ur build.
Hi,

I'm going to play Seismic/Explosive trap :)

Core items:
- Tinkerskin, Slavedriver's Hand(new trapper gloves), Essence worm (hatred), Clear Mind(MOM), 30%MS boots, Elder helmet with conc effect/phys to spells/crit chance(Explosive trap will be here, single target) and x2 stat sticks at later stage.

Basically I will use Phasing from Tinkerskin and only run around with flame dash as a obstacle movement skill. Gonna use seismic for clear and explosive for single target.

Feel free to comment on my idea.
"
Rhythmzz wrote:
Hi,

I'm going to play Seismic/Explosive trap :)

Core items:
- Tinkerskin, Slavedriver's Hand(new trapper gloves), Essence worm (hatred), Clear Mind(MOM), 30%MS boots, Elder helmet with conc effect/phys to spells/crit chance(Explosive trap will be here, single target) and x2 stat sticks at later stage.

Basically I will use Phasing from Tinkerskin and only run around with flame dash as a obstacle movement skill. Gonna use seismic for clear and explosive for single target.

Feel free to comment on my idea.

Hi. I dont think u need this gloves. Only if u want generate endurance charges, coz power and frenzy charges u can generate with tinkerskin and "blast cascade" in tree.

For single target i wanted to use also seismic trap, but still cant decide cos we still dont know 20 lvl gem damage. Maybe it will be enough with conc. Explosive trap have 217-325 phys dmg at 20 lvl, seems too low. But anyway we cant make decisions now, need to get league started.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on May 27, 2018, 12:05:49 PM
try adding vaal lightning trap for extra dmg
also explosive traps will be a thing next league i think gc would be better representation of this like if you got gc traps and bladefall that could be pretty powerful
"
Androido wrote:
try adding vaal lightning trap for extra dmg
also explosive traps will be a thing next league i think gc would be better representation of this like if you got gc traps and bladefall that could be pretty powerful

I wanna try seismic trap as main skill first. Maybe ill use second physical trap setup to add damage.
I tried to play around with the tree but im a tard when it comes to making builds. Once i reached 84 pts i got lost.https://pastebin.com/aY1NynQ1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info