When GGG sold 80% of the company to Tencent?

"
DumpsterDiver wrote:
I am very wary of this....... big companies usually ruin things. I hope i am proven wrong :c

I can prove you wrong. League of legend is one of the most popular games of these 10 past years if it's not the most popular and couldn't have done that without money coming from tencent.
You can love or not the game personaly i don't (anymore and it has nothing to do with TC ), but if we talk about buisness plan and economy it was a god move.

I would be pretty happy to see the game i love becoming that popular.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on May 22, 2018, 5:53:51 AM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
DumpsterDiver wrote:
I am very wary of this....... big companies usually ruin things. I hope i am proven wrong :c

I can prove you wrong. League of legend is one of the most popular games of these 10 past years if it's not the most popular and couldn't have done that without money coming from tencent.
You can love or not the game personaly i don't, but if we talk about buisness plan and economy it was a god move.

I would be pretty happy to see the game i love becoming that popular.

They said disregarding all matters except personal pleasure.

edit: oops I'm sorry that was judgement... damn it me.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on May 22, 2018, 5:51:03 AM
Nahhh
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on May 22, 2018, 5:52:50 AM
Electronic Arts, buried all their acquisitions including Origins Systems, creators of the Ultima games.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Phrazz wrote:

They didn't ruin Epic Games. They didn't ruin Riot games.

Excuse me but I did the mistake of buying Fortnite STW and while the game is fun you are timagated HARD at everything and you do have the option to buy lootboxes that contain direct upgrades to your stuff, bypassing the timegates. Is that what you want for PoE?
"
LucasBacker wrote:

Excuse me but I did the mistake of buying Fortnite STW and while the game is fun you are timagated HARD at everything and you do have the option to buy lootboxes that contain direct upgrades to your stuff, bypassing the timegates. Is that what you want for PoE?

No, it's not what I want for PoE. Can you point me to any source, link, quote, picture, .gif, audio etc. that points towards this being Tencent and not Epic?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
LucasBacker wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

They didn't ruin Epic Games. They didn't ruin Riot games.

What part about monetizations only remaining on the Chinese servers did you miss?
Complain about the sky falling when it actually falls, not before it's even a glint in Tencent's eyes.
1337 21gn17ur3
This makes me think about the company who just bought GGG and with all the talk of Fortnite, its made me think. For April Fools day, GGG had a POE Battle Royal. I wonder if that was just a test that this Tencent wanted GGG to do before investing. Kinda makes me think BR will be coming back permanently with its own micro-transactions.
There's big money in that kind of thing, so yes. Seems likely.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
LucasBacker wrote:

No, it's not what I want for PoE. Can you point me to any source, link, quote, picture, .gif, audio etc. that points towards this being Tencent and not Epic?

Trust me, it's Epic. It's not Tencent's doing. This is coming from a big time early Founder on Fortnite that spent upwards of a thousand on the game, it's 100% Epic.

Besides, it can't be Tencent, because Tencent wasn't even in the picture until Feb 2018. The loot boxes were in since launch. Even in beta.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info