Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

Yea, right... they have a controlling interest, but YOU will make all decisions...

Ha!

Oh man, this is scary...

Sell out. It's what companies do.

Sell out. It's what businesses do.

Sell out. It's what developers do.

Sell out. It's what you've done.

Sellouts. That's who you are.

Sellouts. That's why you are.

Sellouts. That's what you are.

Sellouts.

Sellouts.

Sellouts.
Could we get an increase in the number of ranks for guilds, please? I would like more options for my guildies besides all or nothing.
Last edited by Ianpact on May 20, 2018, 9:42:09 PM
"
majority stake is like 99% of the company right?

Google define Majority Stake :

A shareholding of more than 50 per cent of a company's equity capital.

If this is correct then Tencent has complete legal power to move PoE in any direction they desire.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on May 20, 2018, 9:45:26 PM
I’m not going to lie; I’d prefer if this wasn’t the case.

Thank you for wanting us to hear it from you directly.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I'm honestly concerned about the future of the game now. Not the near future, I'm sure incursion will be pretty awesome... but the future slightly further ahead.
There exist more than enough stories in the internet about tencent doing the exact opposite of what you say here. Most importantly things the do to games that are too similar to other successful games they own. Changes on top of changes until the eventual shutdown.
While I don't really like this, I can only hope at this point. Hope that your trust isn't misplaced and thus mine isn't either. And that, if worse comes to worst, you still have a way out.
I'd hate nothing more than see PoE being killed off due to this decision.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Really really really concerned about this.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
We retain full control of Path of Exile and will only make changes that we feel are best for the game.

With Tencent holding a majority stake, this is blatantly false. You are obligated to do what they say, and they WILL get their way. Did you really believe them, or are you thinking most of us are really that naive and will buy that?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Last edited by Lothrik on May 25, 2018, 11:42:34 PM
RIP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info