Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
Phinsky wrote:
I'm 110% happy for GGG that all their hard work has finally paid off for them by Tencent buying the % of the company that they did. My only issue is the standing term 'supporter pack' for the product they are selling. In the past and up to the company sale, that's exactly what it was, a supporter pack. Now it isn't. And it feels patronizing and slightly insulting to the communities intelligence as a whole. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a stash tab or a cosmetic at this point. What I'm saying is don't blatantly demean your customer base. I enjoy the game. changes are inevitable no matter how small they may be or the intentions of the developers. Just don't forget the loyalty of the people that got you there.
It's been a hell of a ride!
BLAMT!
"
ADFuel wrote:
So we spent all of that money on supporter packs just so you could sell out to TENCENT?

How is this not fraud?

No, not fraud. Unethical. But not fraud.

In the end, we just weren't "worth" enough to GGG. Both as monetary and community supporters. It's a hard pill to swallow, and I wish I could say it was the first time. Or even an outlier. But... well... here we are. I'll remember PoE the same way I remember Blizzzrd before their games were ruined. A combination of fondness for what was and sadness for what they became.

Was fun while it lasted.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
- Tyler Durden
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on May 30, 2018, 7:11:33 PM
"
"
ADFuel wrote:
So we spent all of that money on supporter packs just so you could sell out to TENCENT?

How is this not fraud?

No, not fraud. Unethical. But not fraud.

In the end, we just weren't "worth" enough to GGG. Both as monetary and community supporters. It's a hard pill to swallow, and I wish I could say it was the first time. Or even an outlier. But... well... here we are. I'll remember PoE the same way I remember Blizzzrd before their games were ruined. A combination of fondness for what was and sadness for what they became.

Was fun while it lasted.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
- Tyler Durden

Underdog complex much ? Yes my friend in 2018 your scrap money is irrelevant. Be happy this game got huge investor to come to the rescue. Shitty engine, shitty graphics and layouts , below average art design...
Hopefully it all comes to an fast end so that path of exile 2 can emerge out of this lifeless zombie bigger than ever.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ben_GGG on May 31, 2018, 1:42:31 AM
"
Underdog complex much ? Yes my friend in 2018 your scrap money is irrelevant. Be happy this game got huge investor to come to the rescue. Shitty engine, shitty graphics and layouts , below average art design...
Hopefully it all comes to an fast end so that path of exile 2 can emerge out of this lifeless zombie bigger than ever.

[Removed by Support]

Ignoring your milquetoast and flailing personal attacks - and SJW-esque talent for projection - I will take issue with nearly every point you try to make. The "scrap" money you denigrate built PoE. Secondly, path of exile's graphics are great in my opinion - their art team is quite skilled, and I find your attack on its quality and direction to be ill-informed at best, (and in reality just another thinly veiled attempt on your part to launch personal attacks). Next up, their game engine is great. In thousands of hours of play it rarely crashes, and outside of the most extreme cases, (flicker puke builds, bladefall spam, firestorm spell cascade, etc) runs smoothly and looks appealing.

All of your criticisms are, from my perspective, non-issues, (though we both know your primary intent was an ill-conceived attempt to upset me). People are feeling betrayed NOT because you have a point on the quality of PoE - but because your opinion is contradicted by observable reality...

...PoE has gorgeous graphics. It's game engine is top-notch. Its art direction is superb, it's zone layouts are diverse and interesting, and it's balance and depth are second to none in the AARPG world. Folks are angry and worried BECAUSE it is a jewel of a game. If it was some terrible Dyn's Curse-grade D-clone, nobody would have cared enough to post 160+ pages in a thread about the company being sold.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on May 31, 2018, 2:12:00 AM
Dear GGG,
I am neither upset, nor happy about this new development, I've seen tencent completely destroy some games/developers. I've also seen other flourish in the same settings. I am lead to believe by what I've observed, that weather you prosper or wither is directly linked to what you are willing to do for this publisher, and how your priorities are balanced between the players vs the payers.

I will likely keep playing the game, even spending, on the game, unless I see a definitive turn for the worst. I hope that you will make the right decisions in these next few months/years,
Spoiler
and if my opinion is truly valued
, I would like to say that the right decision is to provide exactly what you promised in your original announcement.

I wish all of you at GGG the best, and stay out of the shadows.

~Sincerely, 1400/hrs + $50/mtx
I hope that PoE will not sell its unique spirit for any money.
I'm worried, and I'm just coming back to the game this May. You have a great support team, wish all the best for them in the upcoming changes.
So you will actually project your own SJW style on me to fight my honesty about game art, graphics and engine that is PROVEN to be bad.

What game looks to YOU means jack shit, and proof of that is TENCENT investment,cause obviously something is not working with all of your support aka scrap money (don't need to take it so personally, it's just a fact). From this little childish rant accusing me of being SJW i got few points to rebut.

1st

"
Ignoring your milquetoast and flailing personal attacks

- Obviously you didn't ignore them... You're just being salty, and that's ok.

2nd

"
I will take issue with nearly every point you try to make. The "scrap" money you denigrate built PoE.

- That only fortifies my statement " Underdog complex much ?" Instead you be happy about your contribution helped to make even bigger impact now, you whine about it. In other words what you're saying sounds like : Whine Whine Whine I,ME,ME,I I'm so fucking important, Whine Whine Whine" (for visual depiction check True Detective - Season 1)

3rd

"
their art team is quite skilled, and I find your attack on its quality and direction to be ill-informed at best, (and in reality just another thinly veiled attempt on your part to launch personal attacks)

-I will admit this is subjective issue that needs more research (ideally some polls) but Game art is limited to game engine, so from that standpoint it can't really be more than engine offers.
-It's clear to me that you know nothing about game engines,because FACT is even they (GGG) stated that engine is not that good, and that's understatement.
- So it seems like another personal projection from your part when you say that its just another attempt to launch personal attacks.

"
Next up, their game engine is great. In thousands of hours of play it rarely crashes, and outside of the most extreme cases

- I know we covered that already but I'm just following your thought line by order and it's a mess...
- Ridicules defense of game engine. As if stability ( which you can't argue on personal level [Insert insult] is only thing that makes game engine good or bad. (I sometimes ask my self why do I even waste time on people like you .... It's a cruse, trust me)

"
All of your criticisms are, from my perspective, non-issues,

- I think it's safe to conclude that your perspective is based on limited knowledge about game engines. In another words this game could be EVEN/MUCH BETTER but it needs corporate resources (and that's just sad reality of "free trade system"). Competition is a motherfucker, but it's also a thrive engine.

Learn to be adult and take criticism like a big boy, cause quite frankly I'm not the one whining about anything, YOU are. So if this support team was not so politically correct i could quote my self when I
originally applauded Chris(GGG) for this bold move. I believe I've said "invest HUGE to go/be HUGE".

And for all of the whiners out there (such as yourself) that like to throw acronyms at people. Grow up. Personal insults are best thing we can have in this weak society where snowflakes are outraged about everything and anything. Its fun, it's character building and quite frankly necessary.

"
So you will actually project your own SJW style on me to fight my honesty about game art, graphics and engine that is PROVEN to be bad.

What game looks to YOU means jack shit, and proof of that is TENCENT investment,cause obviously something is not working with all of your support aka scrap money (don't need to take it so personally, it's just a fact). From this little childish rant accusing me of being SJW i got few points to rebut.

1st

"
Ignoring your milquetoast and flailing personal attacks

- Obviously you didn't ignore them... You're just being salty, and that's ok.

2nd

"
I will take issue with nearly every point you try to make. The "scrap" money you denigrate built PoE.

- That only fortifies my statement " Underdog complex much ?" Instead you be happy about your contribution helped to make even bigger impact now, you whine about it. In other words what you're saying sounds like : Whine Whine Whine I,ME,ME,I I'm so fucking important, Whine Whine Whine" (for visual depiction check True Detective - Season 1)

3rd

"
their art team is quite skilled, and I find your attack on its quality and direction to be ill-informed at best, (and in reality just another thinly veiled attempt on your part to launch personal attacks)

-I will admit this is subjective issue that needs more research (ideally some polls) but Game art is limited to game engine, so from that standpoint it can't really be more than engine offers.
-It's clear to me that you know nothing about game engines,because FACT is even they (GGG) stated that engine is not that good, and that's understatement.
- So it seems like another personal projection from your part when you say that its just another attempt to launch personal attacks.

"
Next up, their game engine is great. In thousands of hours of play it rarely crashes, and outside of the most extreme cases

- I know we covered that already but I'm just following your thought line by order and it's a mess...
- Ridicules defense of game engine. As if stability ( which you can't argue on personal level [Insert insult] is only thing that makes game engine good or bad. (I sometimes ask my self why do I even waste time on people like you .... It's a cruse, trust me)

"
All of your criticisms are, from my perspective, non-issues,

- I think it's safe to conclude that your perspective is based on limited knowledge about game engines. In another words this game could be EVEN/MUCH BETTER but it needs corporate resources (and that's just sad reality of "free trade system"). Competition is a motherfucker, but it's also a thrive engine.

Learn to be adult and take criticism like a big boy, cause quite frankly I'm not the one whining about anything, YOU are. So if this support team was not so politically correct i could quote my self when I
originally applauded Chris(GGG) for this bold move. I believe I've said "invest HUGE to go/be HUGE".

And for all of the whiners out there (such as yourself) that like to throw acronyms at people. Grow up. Personal insults are best thing we can have in this weak society where snowflakes are outraged about everything and anything. Its fun, it's character building and quite frankly necessary.

pot-kettle... kettle pot? pot and kettle hybrid mecha-shiva?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info