[ Unique Showcase ] My Unique design - to be released for 3.3, for you fellows summoners

Well, this can work good with Vaal Summon skeletons.... the spell echo doesn't work anymore on this gem right.... explode 60 skeletons in 1 time should be a good thing to see?? So much carnage (and with maligaro lents... full life). xD xD
Will the skellies have burning animation? That would be badass as hell.
"
tm10067 wrote:
Will the skellies have burning animation? That would be badass as hell.

https://giphy.com/gifs/studiosoriginals-3o6ZthefCIFqbOTQ0E
Theorycrafter here....
This item does give some interesting mechanics but could be improved with another line on the item:

1. "Modifiers to Fire Damage instead apply to Minions"

or

2. "Increases and Reductions to Fire Damage are Transformed to apply to Minions Damage"

The First would enable the scaling of the Hit, Burn, & Minion Explosions damage.

The Second would give summoners another way to scale damage since they can only use Minions Damage passives, jewels, or unique items to scale up.

(There are similar effects, Vortex & Fireborn, already in the game)

Nice item and TY for new mechanics :)
GLHF
So many build ideas... no time....
Last edited by Simony on May 25, 2018, 9:40:05 PM
I love the design and art. The problem of usability lies in 40% base fire resist and the fact Maligaro lens has non-existent AoE of life gain (unless they stealth-buffed it).. Although it still makes me want to try MI build again
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Hn. Interesting. Turn your skelemen into time bombs on a short fuse. The Avatar of Fire bit seems tricky to play around given the general lack of options for minion damage conversion, but frankly skeletons are going to explode with this thing anyways.

I could see it being pretty boss when mixed with Raging Spirits, though. Skeletons can inflict the Covered in Ash debuff for SRS damage as well as their own explosions, and with From Dust and Bone Sculptor you can dump five Skelebombs on a given spot at once. Configure them for maximum life and Splash to widely distribute Covered in Ash, then pound out some SRS to take advantage of that ash debuff while your Skelebombs are on cooldown/waiting to explode. Skeletons themselves will deal moose piss for damage outside of exploding, but they'll draw attention while they're alive and set up SRS nicely.

Could be a fun take on summoner, feel more active and strategic than "SIC 'EM, KUJO" tends to be. Might indeed be worth looking into. Nice work man, looks good.
key question for league starters: Do you have any information on what rarity tier drop is this going to be?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
could have burning but low rolls to build mage skeleton only with fire damage instead of cold lightning
summoned skeletons cover enemies in ash on hit.

then, will other minions and myself be benifited from this buff ?

like tukohama vanguard or solar guard ...
hi, I am interested in making a fire melee skelly build but only if i can understand how to achieve 100% fire damage conversion.

chernobog adds 25% conversion which combined with avatar of fire is only 75%. This is a 25% damage loss and I lose weapon and shield slot to only get explosions. That is completely not worth it at all.

phys to lightning 1 gem slot + avatar of fire doesn't work either because
100 phys, 50% to light is 50 -> 50% to fire (remaining) is also 50
so then avatar of fire converts 25 of that light to fire
the 25 remaining light are removed due to avatar of fire
so u have also only 75% conversion. I can't think of a way to achieve 100% since other items cannot be used on minions.

Please let me know if I've overlooked something simple.

Caster skeletons would certainly not work with avatar of fire, so melee skeletons start with a default damage handicap of 25% less damage? that seems incredibly bad?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info