[3.10] For Scion - One Punch Girl (Crit. Infernal Blow / Cyclone w/ Facebreaker + Rigwald's Curse)

"
weisenheimer wrote:
I've been blowing through about everything, up to now. At lvl 62, I've just entered Act 9. When I switched to Abyssus and the Lightning Coil, my DPS went from ok to KILL! Which is great, but I also dropped a few hundred life, and am sitting at 3100 right now. Which, of course, gets me one-shotted.

Should I use some of the passive points I've been accumulating since competing Cruel Lab to pick up some life nodes? Or is there a better solution using gear?

The main reason you are getting one shot is because your lightning resistance is not capped. Once you have it capped, you should be able to handle incoming damage. :)
"
kira1414 wrote:
The main reason you are getting one shot is because your lightning resistance is not capped. Once you have it capped, you should be able to handle incoming damage. :)

Oh! Doh ... I didn't realize how low my resistances were. I got fire and cold to 75%, though lightning I only managed to get to 42 (from 11). We'll see how this goes now :)

Thanks!
Hi there, somewhat noob here, if I have a Deidbell but don't have a Loreweave, should I use the Deidbell or just use Abyssus with Lightning Coil instead?
Last edited by Fallman2 on Jul 8, 2018, 11:26:45 AM
"
fallman2 wrote:
Hi there, somewhat noob here, if I have a Deidbell but don't have a Loreweave, should I use the Deidbell or just use Abyssus with Lightning Coil instead?

If you have Abyssus and Lightning Coil, those 2 provide the most damage output. However, if you don't have lightning resistance capped, you will get 1 shot.
Some notes upon finishing league.
1. Cyclone feels redundant. I replaced it with Onslaught support, felt a significant improve.
2. Enlighten + Vaal Haste + Hatred works nice with the exception of no mana regeneration maps, I was turning off one aura (for gem jugglers: add Arctic Armour). Removed Bleed chance support gem.
3. Maps with Elemental Reflection are doable (sometimes I turned off Hatred for extra safety). I was countering Elemental Reflection + Elemental weakness with Purity of Elements, but I got bored with juggling and trusted in perma-maintaining flask.
4. Curse-Immune flask is a must-have.
5. Fangs of the Viper is a decent passive if you can't reach anything better.
6. Lightning Golem dies a lot. I was thinking about adding it to CWDT, but never bothered. Those 3 missing sockets hurts a bit. In general recasting it before map/Alva/boss is good enough.
7. Lvl 21 Infernal Blow grants extra range.
8. Ancestral Call support can be replaced in boss fights (for example with Fortify).

I was using Abyssus + Loreweave (because I truely wanted Loreweave), also unique boots with extra physical-damage, capped 80% res, 6k hp, 200k tooltip dmg. (Pantheons: Lunaris + the poison immune one)

Doing all content up to T16 without reading map mods (same with Uber Underground Sea).
Deathless, facetank white Minotaur.
1-Death (trying to facetank), dodging white Phoenix.
Deathless Elder Guardians (T13-T15) with one exception of lightning guy (my bad, I dropped his life immediately and was waiting for the next stage, but he continued with his lightning stuff instead bending a knee).
Several failures against Rare Minotaur.
Died once against 8-mod Hydra and decided to get carry (failure).
Breachlords were joke (not tried Chayula), those met in breaches disappeared quickly as well.
Wasn't lucky enough to get Vaal Temple map (not bothering buying). Should be interesting.
Wasn't lucky enough to get Pale Council (not bothering buying). Should be easy.
Didn't tried HoGM. Should be impossible.
Run one lab, no regen, Argus dropped me to 10% HP, didn't drop Izaro instantly (though I had about 75% of maximum tooltip dps I reached) - did not felt comfortable.
83lvl Atzoatl temples' were easy, including boss.
Levelled between 92-93 doing casually maps (with two deaths between).
From Red Tier maps I would label Necropolis's boss as dangerous. I would also skip Colosseum's one if mods are hard.

In general the greatest defense I have with this build is killing everything instantly. Most bosses dies before Vaal Haste ends.
Until you reach certain dps (6L, jewels) game is harsh. I can say levelling was ok, early-end game was not (slow grinding).

Definitely not the most efficient, or meta build, but enjoyable gameplay and mapping. Wanted to try unarmed build and this one was just fine.
"
Teddyk92 wrote:
Some notes upon finishing league.
1. Cyclone feels redundant. I replaced it with Onslaught support, felt a significant improve.
2. Enlighten + Vaal Haste + Hatred works nice with the exception of no mana regeneration maps, I was turning off one aura (for gem jugglers: add Arctic Armour). Removed Bleed chance support gem.
3. Maps with Elemental Reflection are doable (sometimes I turned off Hatred for extra safety). I was countering Elemental Reflection + Elemental weakness with Purity of Elements, but I got bored with juggling and trusted in perma-maintaining flask.
4. Curse-Immune flask is a must-have.
5. Fangs of the Viper is a decent passive if you can't reach anything better.
6. Lightning Golem dies a lot. I was thinking about adding it to CWDT, but never bothered. Those 3 missing sockets hurts a bit. In general recasting it before map/Alva/boss is good enough.
7. Lvl 21 Infernal Blow grants extra range.
8. Ancestral Call support can be replaced in boss fights (for example with Fortify).

I was using Abyssus + Loreweave (because I truely wanted Loreweave), also unique boots with extra physical-damage, capped 80% res, 6k hp, 200k tooltip dmg. (Pantheons: Lunaris + the poison immune one)

Doing all content up to T16 without reading map mods (same with Uber Underground Sea).
Deathless, facetank white Minotaur.
1-Death (trying to facetank), dodging white Phoenix.
Deathless Elder Guardians (T13-T15) with one exception of lightning guy (my bad, I dropped his life immediately and was waiting for the next stage, but he continued with his lightning stuff instead bending a knee).
Several failures against Rare Minotaur.
Died once against 8-mod Hydra and decided to get carry (failure).
Breachlords were joke (not tried Chayula), those met in breaches disappeared quickly as well.
Wasn't lucky enough to get Vaal Temple map (not bothering buying). Should be interesting.
Wasn't lucky enough to get Pale Council (not bothering buying). Should be easy.
Didn't tried HoGM. Should be impossible.
Run one lab, no regen, Argus dropped me to 10% HP, didn't drop Izaro instantly (though I had about 75% of maximum tooltip dps I reached) - did not felt comfortable.
83lvl Atzoatl temples' were easy, including boss.
Levelled between 92-93 doing casually maps (with two deaths between).
From Red Tier maps I would label Necropolis's boss as dangerous. I would also skip Colosseum's one if mods are hard.

In general the greatest defense I have with this build is killing everything instantly. Most bosses dies before Vaal Haste ends.
Until you reach certain dps (6L, jewels) game is harsh. I can say levelling was ok, early-end game was not (slow grinding).

Definitely not the most efficient, or meta build, but enjoyable gameplay and mapping. Wanted to try unarmed build and this one was just fine.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the build. :)

As you already know, Abyssus + Loreweave provide more damage than Abyssus + Lightning Coil but at the expense of survivability.

For Uber lab, dropping Vaal Pact is a viable option.

I prefer sticking with Ancestral Call because it act as a "range" attack which is very useful in fighting Elder minions.

And lastly, glad you enjoyed the build. :)

EDIT: I use Cyclone to proc Fortify which makes it safer for mapping and bossing.
Last edited by kira1414 on Jul 18, 2018, 8:27:33 AM
"
kira1414 wrote:

EDIT: I use Cyclone to proc Fortify which makes it safer for mapping and bossing.

Why use Cyclone for that instead of just Shield Charge?
Chris Wilson took my soul
"
DanutMS wrote:
"
kira1414 wrote:

Why use Cyclone for that instead of just Shield Charge?

I find Cyclone better in handling (and re-positioning) null portals, breach, abyss. Especially in areas with lots of stones on the ground. Shield charging don't work as effectively because of terrain.

The newly improved path finding of Cyclone enables you to go around those stones and move to a safer location.
Ah, ok, makes sense. I also find Shield Charge a bit clunky sometimes. Not sure if I'd be willing to give up a gem slot just to get another movement skill though. But that's personal preference.
Chris Wilson took my soul
Hey, why using multistrike if it is a ONE-PUNCH build? =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info