[3.10] For Scion - One Punch Girl (Crit. Infernal Blow / Cyclone w/ Facebreaker + Rigwald's Curse)

The buff to infernal blow does say a portion of Weapon damage. Do you know if the scaling works with facebreakers? im just curious since i started my champ as IB aswell. and i love seeing others make builds with my fav skill.
"
klabbert wrote:
The buff to infernal blow does say a portion of Weapon damage. Do you know if the scaling works with facebreakers? im just curious since i started my champ as IB aswell. and i love seeing others make builds with my fav skill.

The punch (Facebreaker) is the "weapon" so yes, the buff applies. :)
Hey im trying to theory craft an infernal blow build at the min and was hoping you could offer some help,

1. i noticed you dont use melee splash? is it considered useless because of the aoe explosion like molten strike?

2. Did you consider getting elemental damage nodes and going full elemental conversion so you could scale both the attack and the explosion damage at the same time? Iv been fiddling around with this but it seems awkward (I assumed being able to scale the explosion in 3.3 where it goes off more would be pretty strong).
"
Sskany wrote:
Hey im trying to theory craft an infernal blow build at the min and was hoping you could offer some help,

1. i noticed you dont use melee splash? is it considered useless because of the aoe explosion like molten strike?

2. Did you consider getting elemental damage nodes and going full elemental conversion so you could scale both the attack and the explosion damage at the same time? Iv been fiddling around with this but it seems awkward (I assumed being able to scale the explosion in 3.3 where it goes off more would be pretty strong).

Ans 1: That is correct. The explosion makes Melee Splash redundant. Ancestral Call is also great because it turn Infernal Blow into a "ranged" attack.

Ans 2: For full conversion, you can either go for Avatar of Fire (not worth it as you need too many skill points to reach there) or going Watcher's Eye which convert physical damage % to fire damage when affected by Anger.

The latter is a more viable option.

Xoph's Heart is another option for full fire conversion but it will not work for this build because this build requires Rigwald's Curse in order for unarmed combat to crit.
Should we use ele damage with attacks gem for our skill stack for infernal blow?
"
OdeToSleep wrote:
Should we use ele damage with attacks gem for our skill stack for infernal blow?

Elemental Attack gem provide lower damage than Maim so I will recommend to stick with Maim. :)
Can you explain your choice of Lightning Coil for this build? I understand the benefit of helping mitigate 30% of damage if you can cap your Lightning resist, but you have it listed as being good for offense and I don't see a lot of offense coming from it aside from a small amount of Lightning damage. Would something like a Belly of the Beast give more survivability with the added HP?
"
eternalbeta wrote:
Can you explain your choice of Lightning Coil for this build? I understand the benefit of helping mitigate 30% of damage if you can cap your Lightning resist, but you have it listed as being good for offense and I don't see a lot of offense coming from it aside from a small amount of Lightning damage. Would something like a Belly of the Beast give more survivability with the added HP?

Answered my own question by looking at the build closer and seeing that it helps mitigate the additional physical damage taken from Abyssus
Last edited by eternalbeta on Jun 23, 2018, 10:08:48 AM
"
eternalbeta wrote:
"
eternalbeta wrote:

Answered my own question by looking at the build closer and seeing that it helps mitigate the additional physical damage taken from Abyssus

Yes. Abyssus is the reason why Lightning Coil was chosen. :)
I've been blowing through about everything, up to now. At lvl 62, I've just entered Act 9. When I switched to Abyssus and the Lightning Coil, my DPS went from ok to KILL! Which is great, but I also dropped a few hundred life, and am sitting at 3100 right now. Which, of course, gets me one-shotted.

Should I use some of the passive points I've been accumulating since competing Cruel Lab to pick up some life nodes? Or is there a better solution using gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info