[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
Another alternative is a +3 all fire gems staff. I only briefly looked into it, but if you had a good staff combo'd with a +1 chest with Empower 4, it looked pretty good.

Oh hello, level 33 Flame Golems :D (with corrupted +2 Skin of the Loyal)

It is actually possible to get +2 spell gems and +3 fire spell gems on a staff (unlike spell and cold/light/fire damage prefixes these two prefixes are separate mods)

Last edited by tomay on Sep 26, 2019, 3:51:19 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
Blight is killing me though. It's a tough one for Golems.

I can't speak for Blight since I'm playing in STD but I wouldn't just blame it on content alone. In 3.9 we have revamped ascendancies granting us a truly obscene increase of Golem Buff effect which can make us tanky as f*ck. As a consequence Primordial Chain has now become a "build-enabling" piece of gear. Prior to 3.9 I wouldn't have touched that amulet with a 12-ft barge pole because it takes such heavy toll on our pets' health pool (for example, my Stone Golem has now 30k life, down from 80k!). In short, our pets are no longer "immortal" and the amulet really is the crux of the matter.

The golems can only die from physical and chaos damage (Bleed can hurt 'em too but I have never lost a golem to Bleed). Again, I don't know about Blight content but now I have seen golems die in high-tier Uul-Netol and Chayula Breaches and in the Azurite Mine as well and Ulaman, the Abyssal Lich dealing phys and chaos damage, is absolutely no fun either (this fella has always been a problem).

Bottom line, our golems need more, much more life and possibly damage mitigation. Life can be helped by increasing the gem level and quality and certain notables which can also grant physical/chaos damage mitigation. Taking these notables, however, means a lot of travel and passive points at the expense of our own defenses and/or precious jewel sockets. In Blight you can anoint your amulet with such a notable which does help somewhat although my preference in this respect would still be Soul of Steel (which seems to be the most expensive anointment for a reason ;). But the cheapest and and yet very efficient form of damage mitigation comes from one of the most underrated skill gems in the game: the Decoy Totem. Not only is it drawing aggro but everything is dealing 8% less damage, now, cast Enfeble on top of that and it makes deep-delving a breeze.

I actually meant the play style of flame golems doesn't really feel like it fits the pace of Blight. Their targeting sometimes isn't that great, and their single target DPS is a little lack-luster, especially when there are 4 bosses coming from different directions. Death Mark helps close the gap quite a bit, but in general they are in this awkward position between clear speed and single target that just makes it feel like you are missing something for Blight.

Also, my golems never die except for versing Blight, there are two or three mob types that completely annihilate you and your minions if you stand near a spawner (5-10 spawn instantly and all use a skill that does around 6-9K damage in a hit). But I agree that golems need more life, it's something I'm trying to work out with my gear and gems, but I think I'll have to rely more heavily on positioning.

Edit:

Oh and a staff like that is completely busted. They are so good for spells, but getting a +3, +2 is crazy hard or super expensive.
Last edited by Hohenheim_ on Sep 26, 2019, 6:58:00 AM
So, finally got my lvl up (99) and my boots enchant at long last. At 9.2k life and 3k per sec regen now.

First thing I did: faceroll Minotaur... yep, it works, I can indeed go AFK for the fight. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Sep 26, 2019, 7:11:27 AM
While our single target isn't right up there with current Ice Golem builds I wouldn't exactly call their performance "lackluster." And we did get an extra golem in 3.9 so that in itself is quite the boost.

I was much more worried about their low health pool... once our golsms die we're next in line so that's not good all and since I bring the decoy totem my golems no longer getting shred to pieces in deep Delve (400+ depth). It's either that or giving them Minion Life Support instead of Empower 4 but I do like the increased buff effect from Stone Golem on me (120 life/sec) better.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 26, 2019, 8:15:06 AM
"
tomay wrote:
So, finally got my lvl up (99) and my boots enchant at long last. At 9.2k life and 3k per sec regen now.

First thing I did: faceroll Minotaur... yep, it works, I can indeed go AFK for the fight. ;)

very nice, i knew you were going to beat me to 100. ;) unfortunately i don't have much time to play right now.

facerolling minotaur has to be a good feeling. :)
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Sep 26, 2019, 11:13:10 AM
"
ShadowHamed wrote:
very nice, i knew you were going to beat me to 100. ;) unfortunately i don't have much time to play right now.

Not really, I'm playing very casual these days... started 3.9 at 70% of level or so. I'm in no hurry really. Done lvl 100 before and TBH it's a shitty rodeo in STD, not even sure if I want to go there again. (But now I'm at 3% again already getting worried about losing exp again ;)

And when a toon reaches lvl 100 one kinda loses interest. I mean it's nice to have something that can do everything without fear of losing exp but you don't really care much anymore.

"
ShadowHamed wrote:
facerolling minotaur has to be a good feeling. :)

It most certainly is... with an Elementalist, formerly known for chronically poor defenses. ;)
I just did a T14 Blighted Map after upgrading my gear, and failed within 2 minutes. An Ape boss spawned, got close to my golems after getting a movement speed buff from an aura mob and instantly killed all 10 of my golems in like two slams (he slams a bunch of times really fast). Oh and they could hardly do damage to him, and once they died he healed to full hp.

I didn't have to re-summon my golems in over 100 T14-T16 maps + shaper (with Abyss bosses, Breach bosses, Maraketh Legions etc.), ever. And they don't stand a chance against Blight bosses.

It's back to the drawing board to see if there's something I'm missing. Otherwise I just need to save some currency to buy some ignite or crit DI gear.
How much life do your flame golems have? 12k or so?

This just isn't enough. Can you fit in another Empower 4? When you move your support golems to the helmet they will all be lvl 26, that's two levels more right there (on this note, they should get even more life with MLS and lvl 22 is enough for Chaos Golem to hit 5% phys reduction, this will free up your Emp4). Then your golems should all have 20k or more Life.

I see you're using Primordial Eminence. Throw in another Harmony instead. Eminence absorbs less than 100 physical damage which is utterly pathetic, another Harmony grants 2% more regen, that's 400+ life per second.

Anoint your amulet with Indomitable Army.

Get a Ghastly Eye Jewel with Minion Life Leech for your Vise.

Curse Enfeeble instead of Flammability.

All minor changes mostly which can make all the difference.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 27, 2019, 7:10:13 AM
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
I just did a T14 Blighted Map after upgrading my gear, and failed within 2 minutes. An Ape boss spawned, got close to my golems after getting a movement speed buff from an aura mob and instantly killed all 10 of my golems in like two slams (he slams a bunch of times really fast). Oh and they could hardly do damage to him, and once they died he healed to full hp.

I didn't have to re-summon my golems in over 100 T14-T16 maps + shaper (with Abyss bosses, Breach bosses, Maraketh Legions etc.), ever. And they don't stand a chance against Blight bosses.

It's back to the drawing board to see if there's something I'm missing. Otherwise I just need to save some currency to buy some ignite or crit DI gear.

Do you have a leech node?
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Yeah my Flame Golems have around 13K life, however that isn't an issue anywhere but versing Blight bosses.

One hit from a Blight boss kills them (triple the HP would barely be noticeable with how fast the bosses deal damage), while it takes a good 30-40 seconds to kill the easier bosses. Time that isn't spent protecting the other lanes. That's the biggest issue I'm seeing. In no other content do the Flame Golems stuggle anywhere near as much.

According to PoB, adding Lvl4 Empower, changing out Eminence for Harmony, adding Enfeeble instead of flammability and anoiting Indomitable Army reduces my damage by between 32-36%, rough estimates of approximately 140K Shaper DPS per ball to 89K.

I'd get enfeeble, which isn't needed for other content, and go from 13K Flame Golem HP to 18K. However my Stone Golem, which currently has 23K HP, died in probably 3-4 hits from a Blight Boss. So that HP won't go very far. I'd also lose 2% Phys reduction and 50 ES regen, not too important, but yeah..

My next item to get will be a Ghastly with minion leech. Which will combat things like the stampeding mobs and a few other nuisances, but I doubt it will affect the boss battles much.

Again, this build is clearing almost everything else like a breeze, Blight just seems to overwhelm it.
Last edited by Hohenheim_ on Sep 27, 2019, 7:20:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info