As a gift or as punishment, the Empire will have your blood.

"
alex12709 wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemans, I present you 2 Garbage itens, try to do something with those... I DARE YOU xD xD

You sir, lack imagination. Challenge accepted.
Holy shit.

Yeah okay, mitigating the 50% increased curse effectiveness on you is going to suck. But Low Life for free? There's shit you can do with that, and a lot of items which become so much better now that you don't need to deal with ES shenanery to qualify for Low Life. Get some solid Immortal Call set-ups to help mitigate the extra physical damage nonsense from being Vuln all the time, or simply git gudder. High-level players looking for level 100 pushes or Max Clearspeed will hate this thing, yeah...but I could see so many interesting combo-y builds coming from it.

Just the kind of unique I like to see. I love build-defining shit with heavy downsides that require some serious brainsweat to play around.
"
1453R wrote:

Just the kind of unique I like to see. I love build-defining shit with heavy downsides that require some serious brainsweat to play around.

hopefully GGG will consider posible exploits and find a way to prevent builds from completly negating the downside with "x" combination.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on May 17, 2018, 7:47:01 PM
WHO DESIGNS THIS CRAP, and why is it on chain belts to begin with, WTF.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
So now low life CI can be a thing? Neat.

P.s I'm not trying to say this would be good or bad rather just that it could happen
"
caboom wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

hopefully GGG will consider posible exploits and find a way to avoid builds from completly negating the downside with "x" combination.

Who cares, frankly?

If someone devotes a ton of resources to mitigating curse effectiveness on themselves to make better use of this belt? Then they've devoted a significant chunk of resources in their build that might've been used somewhere else to compensating for the belt's weakness. Let 'em have it, if they can make it work. That's part of the brainsweat I was talking about for playing with cool stuff like this.
Last edited by 1453R on May 18, 2018, 9:23:18 AM
I've always wanted to implement a little build idea I had using a combo of Varunastra + Last Resort.

On low life, the Last Resort unique claw provides:
- 25% increased Attack Speed
- 100% increased Claw Physical Damage
- 100% increased Accuracy Rating

I consider those mods to be on par with what Pain Attunement does for spells, if not even higher if built around properly. Provided you can find a way to make a low life attack character, Last Resort is the ultimate stat-stick.

Varunastra makes full use of the "100% increased Claw Physical Damage" mod as any claw mod applies to it. Also a Juggernaut would make the best use of the 100% increased Accuracy Rating with the Undeniable passive (the one with the accuracy-related mods). And of course 25% increased Attack Speed is pretty high.

But it was never viable enough to make a traditional ES low-life ATTACK build (that uses Varunatra on top of that) because the ES nodes are so far away from the relevant attack / Varunastra nodes.

This belt might make that possible :).

I've done a few tests on Path of Building and it seems pretty viable, although a bit of an unorthodox build. The Vulnerability + increased curse effect downsides of the belt can be built around with things people have already mentioned here (such as Determination Watcher's Eye, although that's a pretty expensive option), plus things like the Unstopabble Juggernaut passive (against Temporal Chains), keeping elemental resistances way over cap against the elemental curses (not hard to do as a Juggernaut), uniques such as Death's Door or Craiceann's Carapace against bleeding, the Juggernaut's innate physical damage defenses to help counteract the Vulnerability, etc. The only really threatening curses would be the ones that make you take increased damage in some form: Projectile Weakness, Assassin's Mark and Despair. Would need to actually test the build to see if getting cursed with those would be too terrible or not.
"
Rhoa_Power wrote:
I've always wanted to implement a little build idea I had using a combo of Varunastra + Last Resort.

I consider those mods to be on par with what Pain Attunement does for spells, if not even higher if built around properly. Provided you can find a way to make a low life attack character, Last Resort is the ultimate stat-stick.
Huh, no, Last resort is just plainly bad, especially with Varunastra (which is already DROWNING in % increased damage and attack speed).

Just a random stat stick with 60% or more added damage is head and shoulders ahead of last resort.

Also, most of the damaging attacks are denied. You can use Sunder, Lacerate, Glacial hammer, double strike, cleave, ice crash, tectonic slam and earthquake. Only trash skills for monotarget (well, double strike will be good next patch, still).
Last edited by Keyen on May 18, 2018, 11:30:07 AM
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Rhoa_Power wrote:

Huh, no, Last resort is just plainly bad, especially with Varunastra (which is already DROWNING in % increased damage and attack speed).

Just a random stat stick with 60% or more added damage is head and shoulders ahead of last resort.

Also, most of the damaging attacks are denied. You can use Sunder, Lacerate, Glacial hammer, double strike, cleave, ice crash, tectonic slam and earthquake. Only trash skills for monotarget (well, double strike will be good next patch, still).

Oh, ok :|. I haven't played for a league or two, didn't realize powerful stat sticks were so easy to find nowadays.

As far as attacks to use, I'd be happy to use any of those you mentioned. I was theorycrafting around Lacerate but would love to test out the new reworked Ground Slam when they release it.

Well, hope the idea was at least some food for thought :P.
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on May 18, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info