Skill Reveal: Siphoning Trap

My sense is that this trap won't offer much value for the time spent throwing it.

White mobs are not relevant. Thus, whether they're affected by Siphon Trap or not isn't relevant. Blues are barely relevant, which means Siphon trap doesn't matter for them either.

Rares are sometimes around long enough to see what they are before they die. But, siphon trap is meant for crowds, so it's not that helpful for rares. And, it doesn't provide enough return to bother when fighting bosses, except perhaps for mana-challenged characters. Which might end up being its niche. If it has a niche.

Hopefully I'm wrong because if I'm not then Siphoning Trap could be helpfully renamed "New Player Trap".
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Hype.
Could be useful in quite a few builds. Like totems etc that don't leech or have any reliable means of gaining life other than flasks.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
useless ?
i mean who have time sit there for a tinse bit of regen
Ok so you reverse knockback the entire map up to the boss, toss in a few of these badboys and start charging you indigon flameblast.. it's the return of th worm flask
i don't tthink this trap would be used, too slow for a little regen
"
Qiox wrote:
Could this be used to trigger EE? Then toss your fire or lightning trap for the kill?

traps don't trigger EE if i remember correctly. it has to be damage directly caused by the player.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
This is going to be very underused, just like rejuvenation totem.

1. It only works on packs ( because of the per target stacking effect ), packs are better off being 1-2 shot by actual damaging traps. Nobody has time or reason to waste globals on throwing out siphon.

2. It's 100% useless on bosses, which is something trappers desperately need; and every one of their healing options immediately falls apart on ( tinker / pyro node )

On a side note: No, people are not going to make tough decisions on whether to clear enemies during a boss fight or use them for siphon ...they're 10/10 going to clear the mobs, or they're going to die. And even if they could survive the onslaught of enemies chasing them around during a boss fight ( lol@pointlesschill ) ...All of their traps are aoe ( save bear ) ...the enemies will die almost instantly anyway.

It's like GGG is just designating for effect these days, instead of actual practical use. "Oh! Doesn't this look like it would be great if someone used it?1" As nobody uses it....

And you know what would be better than using inc duration supports in your sockets? Being able to actually use inc duration stats on gear and passives without it screwing up your trap frequency and dps.
If this skill some how hits and therefore could apply a curse, I can see this being an amazing addition to RF. EE, Curse, a degen, and a massive Life Regen? Yes pls!
i hope someone at GGG reads this stuff and realises just how much their own fault this reaction is.

poe wasnt a racing simulator with TERRIBLE balance and (currently) imploding design - it was a very simple, elegant yet deep game with interwoven mechanics and intricacies. but like ~2 years ago things changed and instead of 'better, fixed' all the new stuff we get is 'better, stronger'

you addicted the playerbase to cheap and stupid power - stuff like Kinetic Blast, Tornado Shot, Vessel Of Vinktar and (luckily gone) vaal pact. you fed them said power with spoons whose capacity rival a small lake.

playerbase got addicted and polarised. playerbase that expects something more than 'you are great player, congrats' message POE gives in abundance - left. because the then beautiful and difficult game is a cheap abuse-or-suffer clicker more similar to mortal combat + forza racing sim than to diablo 1 or 2

people that left (excluding some extreme outliers like myself) expect cheap power and that self-esteem boost that comes from unjust power and free handouts. they expect 3 screen clears in place of current 2 screen clears, they expect 300% movement speed cap in place of current 200%

these players were vein-fed power-creep drug for at least 2 years now

and now you give them this? seriously? and i mean that - SERIOUSLY?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info