Unofficial Community PvP Balance (eHLD and eLLD)

I've been having a blast with these PvP rules. Feels a lot like what PVP used to be before the 1-shot fest.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Hey guys I added a rule!

In HLD the "Block Chance Reduction" support gem can be used as a "free support" allowing for all players to have access to a 5L or pseudo 5L as long as one of those supports is "Block Chance Reduction"

The reason for this rule is to prevent tanks being too dominant with our rule set. Tanks are a great format to PvP but in a game where damage doesn't "stick" no one wants PvP where the clock can run out and absolutely nothing can be done.

Always adjusting to feedback
Just wanted to clarify something: are all HLD events in Perm League and all LLD events in Temp League?
"
mimivirus wrote:
Just wanted to clarify something: are all HLD events in Perm League and all LLD events in Temp League?

The events that the community is going to officially "host" yes. The HLD community events will be based on perm league and the LLD events will be based on the appropriate Temp league
"
ProjectPT wrote:
Hey guys I added a rule!

In HLD the "Block Chance Reduction" support gem can be used as a "free support" allowing for all players to have access to a 5L or pseudo 5L as long as one of those supports is "Block Chance Reduction"

The reason for this rule is to prevent tanks being too dominant with our rule set. Tanks are a great format to PvP but in a game where damage doesn't "stick" no one wants PvP where the clock can run out and absolutely nothing can be done.

Always adjusting to feedback

I almost suggested this but then considered the downsides. I guess it's still better then trying to cap block and/or limit defenses we can't mitigate and it will help vs dodge.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
So the purpose of 4l is to reduced avg. damage.
Why are minions allowed then? mirage archer including.
what is wrong with minions?
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
They don't go through the pvp dmg formula afaik, and mirage archer has the high ground and can shotgun downwards for easy aoe overlap
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on May 9, 2018, 4:10:53 PM
Is there a list of reasons for the ban list, both skills and items? If not, can someone post one? I don't necessarily think this belongs in the main post because yeah, simplicity in the rules is good.

Some are obvious but others are not and curious minds want to know.
Accessibility. Overall, we want this to be as accessible as possible to as many people as possible.

Banned Items:
All Unique Flasks ---- Too OP
Poet's Pen ----- Too OP/Broken
All Abyss Jewels ----- Too OP/Broken
Watcher's Eye ----- Too OP/Broken
Reckless Defense ----- Get block capped with close to 0 investment. Paired with the pantheon of not taking extra damage from crit strikes or Brass Dome, they are too powerful.
Idigon ----- Too OP/Broken
Xirgil's Crank ------ Allows builds such as occultist or scorching rays to be virtually unkillable with any skill that doesn't one-shot them.
Aegis Aurora ------ Enables immortal builds that can only be killed by broken skills
All Enchants ------ So much disparity between not having enchants and having the right enchants. For example, because we are unique-only, unique helms with BiS enchants for certain skills could be 30ex+. Elemental builds that would attack would all want 10pen on boots, winter glove enchant can 1shot 8k life with very little investment etc...
Queen of the Forest ------ In CTF, there will be two groups of people. QotF and non-QotF. We originally wanted to ban this only in CTF, but the overall consensus was to not thave 2 seperate ban lists. We wanted to keep things simple and accessible.

Banned Skills:
Blight ----- Too OP/Broken
Explosive Arrow ----- Too OP/Broken
Kinetic Blast ----- Too OP/Broken
Glacial Cascade ----- Too OP/Broken
Volatile Dead ----- Too OP/Broken
Bear Trap ----- Kills the fun in CTF/3v3 - much like qotf, we were going to ban this only in CTF at first but didn't want 2 separate lists. Also, even with 4l/5l and uniques only, and for damage peopel scale the shit out of the 2ndary damage which is unblockable and undodgeable.
Cast When Damage Taken ----- CWDT/CWS allows tanks to do damage without really doing anything at all. It also allows any build to utilize auto-movement skills that promote a sort of "brain-dead" sort of playstyle which we want to avoid. We were okay with using them for cwdt-cursing etc... but felt it would be best to paint with broad strokes and ban them entirely.
Cast When Stunned ----- " "
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on May 9, 2018, 5:46:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info