[3.7 BUFFED] Phys Spec Throw Gladiator [SHAPER DOWN!] Uber Lab, Guardians, FUN, FAST & CHEAP!

"
Mkerow wrote:
hey Goddog_, once you are done with your testing can you please update the pob etc. would like to try this build! Also is spectral throw good to pop the legion mobs? Thanks :)

"
Transom wrote:
Wanna give ST a go again. Would be happy to see an update here :) (FLicker is fun af but I keep dcing :x )

QUICK update for you guys who have been waiting for the changes to this build. I've messed around with this build in Standard and in PoB and I was able to move from about ~200k dps(per hit, 5x hits per single ST) to ~360k. That's like going from 1mil fully buffed Shaper DPS to 1.8 MILLION. Challenger charges are so damn good for this build, Spectral throw was buffed and we can keep up permanent Frenzy and Endurance charges now.

BIG CHANGES:
NO BLOOD MAGIC - We now run Herald of Purity, Flesh and Stone (Sand stance while mapping, Blood stance for single target) and War Banner (Dread Banner might be better DPS? Not sure, need in game testing as PoB doesn't calculate Impale stacks.)

Add -mana cost to skills on rings/necklace. I just have it on a single ring right now and it seems to be OK. Spectral Throw+6 supports is super mana hungry so it's probably necessary.

Swap Warlord's Mark for Poacher's Mark in CWDT setup - this helps us sustain mana and life gain on hit is pretty great too.

Drop the counter attacks since they aren't that useful compared to the auras.

Need to grab a big Int node and grab the Mana Flows node at Duelist start. Revelry might be a good node too.

DROP Soul of Araakali Pantheon - Immortal Call no longer stops degen from Blood Rage so we don't get the increased leech rate. Poacher's Mark seems to make up for it with its LGoH.

That's all I can think of right now. Here's a link to a level 95 PoB. Good luck!

https://pastebin.com/mJhUARpw

EDIT: Another big change, drop Blood in the Eyes/Gratuitous Violence and grab Arena Challenger and Outmatch and Outlast!
Last edited by Goddog_ on Jun 14, 2019, 6:25:03 PM
Hey, just wanted to say I really love this build so for in 3.7. I made a couple changes though and my damage seemed to go up quite a bit. I dropped maim and grabbed impale in the links, swapped out war banner for dread banner, and picked up "Forceful Skewering" above Iron Grip. This put me at an 80% chance to impale. The dps increase doesn't show on PoB, but I can really feel it in-game. Not sure if you've tested doing the same, would love to hear your thoughts on switching to this setup.
ya im doing a physical spectral throw now as well, just hitting maps. impale is definitely a must
im playing as a slayer though, personally, and the dps seems to be pretty nice as crit. can't wait to try to min/max this build out and compare it to similar setups (which is why im here looking at this thread)
"
ChiefShonahh wrote:
Hey, just wanted to say I really love this build so for in 3.7. I made a couple changes though and my damage seemed to go up quite a bit. I dropped maim and grabbed impale in the links, swapped out war banner for dread banner, and picked up "Forceful Skewering" above Iron Grip. This put me at an 80% chance to impale. The dps increase doesn't show on PoB, but I can really feel it in-game. Not sure if you've tested doing the same, would love to hear your thoughts on switching to this setup.

"
xMustard wrote:
ya im doing a physical spectral throw now as well, just hitting maps. impale is definitely a must
im playing as a slayer though, personally, and the dps seems to be pretty nice as crit. can't wait to try to min/max this build out and compare it to similar setups (which is why im here looking at this thread)

Yep I've actually been testing out a similar setup with Impale. I've sort of changed my build a little bit to get some more defenses. I've grabbed Soul of Steel, Inexorable, and 2 more endurance charges. Damage is still fine for T15+ so far, although not as good as it was before.

Impale seems pretty good so far, although it has a ramp up time. I also miss the Adrenaline buff when placing War Banner and I'm not sure which actually comes out as higher DPS against bosses (Dread Banner vs War Banner).
Has anyone tried a crit variant on this build? trying to plan one out but I am not the best at theorycrafting builds
"
itsdarrow wrote:
Has anyone tried a crit variant on this build? trying to plan one out but I am not the best at theorycrafting builds

Check out my character 'DadDog' in Standard; I've been trying a 1h/shield Crit build. The damage is definitely there and you don't sacrifice much attack speed at all. The problem with going crit for Spectral Throw swords is that you can't pick up a lot of the good multi nodes as they're melee-only. You also have to sacrifice some life to pick up the extra crit nodes.
Loving this build, great combo of ranged with pretty good defense
its a very good build but i have a question do you know any good gloves that i could use
"
kytin wrote:
its a very good build but i have a question do you know any good gloves that i could use

Your profile is private so I can't see your character, but any rare gloves with %attack speed are good. Gripped Gloves are the best base because of the %increased projectile damage implicit.
Question from a relative noob: You have reference in the build to blood stance and sand stance, but you don't have that gem in any of the info for the build. You DO have Flesh and Stone. I have a gem that gives blood and sand stances, called ... Blood and Sand. What is the difference between these two?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info