[3.3] CI Lightning Arrow/Barrage Trickster (With Deathless Shaper Video)

INTRO:

This build uses The Tempest with Abyss Jewels to scale damage. I also go CI because Trickster has good synergy with ES while still being able to get at least the same amount of effective life as... well, life. I wanted to see if I could make an ES based bow character with just as much, if not more, damage than a typical bow character with an unlikely ascendancy. You can use any bow skill, LA is just my preference.

UNIQUES:
Spoiler

The Tempest - the best bow for this build for DPS as far as I can tell. Windripper with MF wouldn't be horrible since you wouldn't need to use the crit gem but you would have a really low ES total from stacking MF gear.

Shroud of the Lightless - this and Hyrri's Ire are both good and both give around 400-450 ES from Escape Artist. Shroud is cheaper though because you only need to 5L it. I prefer Shroud.

Lioneye's Fall - used to convert Soul Raker and all the points leading up to bow modifiers. You don't need it since you can path to Duelist leech but that is less efficient.

Darkness Enthroned - used to fit in more abyss jewels.

Skyforth - Very comfortable and a QOL to use but not necessary.

Call of the Brotherhood - Good if you want Herald of Ice shatters. You will need to use Shroud of the Lightless for this for the all-penetration.

RARES TO AIM FOR:
Spoiler
Abyss jewels:

Jewels like the ones in this belt. Flat lightning, flat lightning for bows, and ES - the higher the better. I didn't spend more than 15c for any of mine.

Helmet: 200+ ES, 200+ accuracy, resistances (30+ INT if you don't need the resistances).

Boots: 150+ ES, 25+ movement speed, resistances. 30+ INT if you don't need the resistances).

Gloves: 130+ ES, 200+ accuracy, flat lightning damage to attacks, attack speed, resistances. (30+ INT if you don't need the resistances).

Rings: 30+ ES, 200+ accuracy, flat lightning damage to attacks, 20+ elemental damage with attack skills/lightning damage, resistances.

Amulet: 30+ ES, 200+ accuracy, flat lightning damage to attacks, 20+ elemental damage with attack skills/lightning damage, critical strike chance and multiplier, resistances.

Quiver: Bow attacks fire an additional arrow, crit multiplier, attack speed, elemental damage with attack skills. You can buy a pre-multimodded one with all those mods for 2 ex.

PASSIVE TREE, PASTEBIN, PANTHEON, BANDITS, AND ASCENDANCY:
Spoiler
Passive tree.

https://pastebin.com/MbYbjM7y

Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Garukhan feels like the best combo for me but feel free to use whatever you're comfortable with.

Alira for bandits.

Ascendancy is Trickster. Ascendancy nodes in order: Swift Killer, Ghost Dance, Escape Artist and then Harness the Void.

MY GEAR/GEM LINKS:
Spoiler

Any bow skill is fine. I would use TS with Chain instead of Mirage Archer if I could get my hands on a high ES helmet with the TS enchant.

You can use Herald of Ice for shatters if you use Call of the Brotherhood, more info in the "UNIQUES" section.

Take out Mirage Archer for LA if you can only get a 5L.

If you can fit in Grace, that would be a very nice defensive boost.

I don't use Discipline but you should if you can't get over 5k ES without it.

Use ice golem if you want to use a golem.

LEVELING:
Spoiler
If you don't have a favorite leveling build and don't want to respec too much points, use this tree: https://pastebin.com/p905JTgC - this tree is good until level 70 or so before converting to CI.

You can start using Storm Cloud at level 9 and The Tempest starting from 32. Prioritize jewel sockets and Darkness Enthroned for abyss jewels. Search for jewels with minimum 10 average lightning damage to attacks and lightning damage to bow attacks. These are only a few chaos and are just for leveling (remember to get ones with a low level requirement.)

With the update to Rain of Arrows, its great for leveling now, - just replace GMP with Added Lightning.

Make sure to get a bunch of sources of added lightning to attacks for leveling since that's where all our damage comes from.

VIDEOS:

Adding more if/when necessary.
Last edited by roun on Jul 13, 2018, 5:44:07 PM
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2018, 1:22:31 PM
Nice build, trying it out now. Your passive tree isnt up to date though, had to go to your profile for the full one.
"
Zyuro wrote:
Nice build, trying it out now. Your passive tree isnt up to date though, had to go to your profile for the full one.

Thanks. Adding a leveling guide + updating stuff.
I am lvl 86 right now with this build and I am dying to almost every boss in maps tier 6 and up. It seems the DPS on this build isn't strong enough for single target. I have 5100 ES. Can you give me any advice or look at my character in my profile to see what I'm doing wrong?
"
McMuffinz wrote:
I am lvl 86 right now with this build and I am dying to almost every boss in maps tier 6 and up. It seems the DPS on this build isn't strong enough for single target. I have 5100 ES. Can you give me any advice or look at my character in my profile to see what I'm doing wrong?

About half of your abyss jewels don't have lightning damage, or very low lightning damage on them. You literally need these as it's where all the damage comes from. You also don't have Point Blank which close to doubles your single target. Also you weren't running Wrath.

Getting a +1 arrow quiver with better mods than you have on your quiver right now is about 10-20 chaos from what I searched up right now. Also last but not least your chance to hit is only 75%.

In PoB I made all of your jewels that had little or no lightning damage Whispering Volleys (one of the ones you have right now), added a +1 arrow mod on your quiver, allocated Point Blank on the tree, added Wrath, and bumped up your chance to hit to 89%. Doing those things bumped your Barrage damage from a bit over 100k to a bit over 500k. I didn't tick any power or frenzy charges or on kill effects.

With a bit of gear upgrades on your jewelry and quiver I can see that damage going up to 650-700k and Dying Sun and Lioneye's Fall bumping that up to over 1m.

EDIT: In Bestiary I used Wrath and Aspect of the Cat, but Wrath and Discipline is probably the best choice now.
Last edited by roun on Jul 14, 2018, 5:20:41 PM
"
roun wrote:
"
McMuffinz wrote:

About half of your abyss jewels don't have lightning damage, or very low lightning damage on them. You literally need these as it's where all the damage comes from. You also don't have Point Blank which close to doubles your single target. Also you weren't running Wrath.

Getting a +1 arrow quiver with better mods than you have on your quiver right now is about 10-20 chaos from what I searched up right now. Also last but not least your chance to hit is only 75%.

In PoB I made all of your jewels that had little or no lightning damage Whispering Volleys (one of the ones you have right now), added a +1 arrow mod on your quiver, allocated Point Blank on the tree, added Wrath, and bumped up your chance to hit to 89%. Doing those things bumped your Barrage damage from a bit over 100k to a bit over 500k. I didn't tick any power or frenzy charges or on kill effects.

With a bit of gear upgrades on your jewelry and quiver I can see that damage going up to 650-700k and Dying Sun and Lioneye's Fall bumping that up to over 1m.

EDIT: In Bestiary I used Wrath and Aspect of the Cat, but Wrath and Discipline is probably the best choice now.

Ok, I have all the abyssal jewels you are talking about, I have Lioneye's Fall linked to Soul Raker, I have Point Blank, I am running Wrath, and my chance to hit is around 83%. Also, I am using discipline, bringing my ES to 5800 and I am still getting insta-killed by bosses. Also, my DPS is still no where near the numbers you are saying I will have. I even put the other quiver with an additional arrow in and it actually lowered my DPS in POB.

I was thinking maybe it's the fact that I don't have a six link Tempest, but I entered that into POB and it only brought my DPS another 1,000 or so. Something's fucked here or I am missing something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info