[3.3] The Grave Digger - Volatile Dead Auto-Miner / All Bosses, All Map Mods

"
P.S. any thoughts on how to make running lab running a joke on this build? traps kinda hurt and kinda think I need a separate set of gear.

A quick and dirty fix might be to swap in a 3G Prismatic Eclipse for your OH, a 2G 1R Brightbeak in the MH (Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, 20Q Culling), and a Silver flask.

Worth a shot before committing to a more expensive overhaul, imo.
"
Frugalité wrote:
It's me again. I've got almost everything for this build now, but I'm still hesitant one the final tree and boots.

"
kechari wrote:

"
Why did you skip Acrobatics ? The loss of armour and block chance is too much for 30% dodge ?

If you're using Fevered Mind, armour starts to feel pretty relevant. If not, go ahead and grab Acro.

On POB you have 1500 armor, and a mana cost of 362, so a cost for Scold's of 1448 phys damage. With this armor, you mitigate 9% of the damage which seems really low and makes Acrobatics a lot more attractive than I thought.

Without we take 1316 damage from Scold's, and with, 1379. Am I missing something important ?
Probably further mitigation through ToH/Basalt ? But they're not on your POB pastebin.

I might sacrifice some life and get Acro/Phase Acro with some Atziri's Step otherwise.

Acro/dodge causes you to dodge the scolds hit similar to what happens with farul's fur. So you end up not proccing your cwdt, making the build feel really inconsistent. I specced out of it pretty quickly. Nothing feels worse that charging into a pack and finding you have to drop 3/4 rounds of mines to get your detonate to proc. However i didn't test it with the zerphi's and fevered mind in place.
Last edited by khimera on Apr 30, 2018, 6:25:54 PM
"
khimera wrote:
Acro/dodge causes you to dodge the scolds hit similar to what happens with farul's fur. So you end up not proccing your cwdt, making the build feel really inconsistent.

AFAIK, secondary damage such as Scold's cannot be dodged / evaded—only mitigated.
Collecting all gear for this build. How far will a 5link (4b1g) farruls chest take me you guess?
Thanks
"
ilstefano wrote:
Collecting all gear for this build. How far will a 5link (4b1g) farruls chest take me you guess?
Thanks

I expect you'll do fine up until T16 guardians. Which should still be killable, just don't expect 1 shots.
great guide, just a couple of questions.

1, what is bis amulet for this build, or if not what stats should you be aiming for?

2, in regards to essence wurm, wouldnt it be better to aim for a elder essence worth then use mark of the shaper?

Thanks again
No particular BiS amulet, just look to cover your resist, stat, and health requirements. If you can sneak a DPS stat on there, make it crit multi. Also count on losing a suffix somewhere to Aspect of the Cat, if Farrul's is in the mix.

I think you'll have a tough time meeting res requirements with that ring combo, but if you can manage it or just want to go balls out and run Wise Oak all the time—well, it'd be a bunch of damage, that's for sure.
Last edited by kechari on May 2, 2018, 4:33:33 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, so not an amulet with high fire spell dam ele pen etc?
That depends entirely on your other items—if you have one exceptionally strong res piece, for instance, that'll afford you room for DPS mods elsewhere. As with most unique-heavy builds, there's a lot of pressure placed on the rare suffixes we do have, and you'll need to consider their net effect.
Last edited by kechari on May 2, 2018, 5:45:58 AM
This seems so interesting and fun xD.

I have full respect toward you as the build auther and i generally stand by following a guide to it's core, but i like derp builds, so i will try a gamble and see where it takes me, been playing around in pob with my old char.

During Abyss, i played an oddball GC miner Sabo (TremorQueen GC Mines here on forums) and all i could think of is i wanted to try volatile dead mines AND that its been almost years since ive last played a scion, so:

Ill be starting flashback as scion, start out with my oddball gc mines and then transition into this, whilst still keeping the "oddball" meme status.
Please do take a look at my pob in the spoiler below and tell me your thoughts q:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/eQ080071
*Note most of the rare gear in this is sample gear pieces so there is wiggle room for resists etc*

TLDR:
- Tremor Rod + QOTF + 200%+ MS
- ~42k VD shaper dps on a 5l without RF (More dps than my sabo gc version which i killed shaper with, so should be fine, considering the amount of balls)
- Noncrit
- Using EO+EE before nerf in 3.3
- 1k life regen (5mines detonated + bloodrage, without arakaali)
- Phaserun
- Room in chest for a meme combo to proc EE/EO/Arcane Surge OR room for a cremation trap setup (Imagine the volcano's spouting alongside all the orbs xD)

Question about Bloodrage + Arakaali:
Spoiler
Exactly how does the blood rage interact with soul of arakaali, is it the reapplication of the buff itself that cancels the last buff, thus in doing so, arakaali is able to interpret that we actually stopped taking damage over time from the previous instance of blood rage, despite the new buff overwriting it, or are you just abusing weapon swop to cancel the effect for arakaali to proc?

I do have one concern though, and that is the mitigation of Scolds with tremor rod, i lay mines so fast that im afraid that, should i just hold right click, id kill myself xD although it is pretty easy to sustain 10+ give or take, mines placed recently so regen becomes higher, and this is still without arakaali hmm

Regards
Yuno
Last edited by Yunojelly on May 2, 2018, 5:34:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info