[3.2] Indigon Scorching Ray Totem - All Content Viable - Uber Elder down

Just thought I'd mention I had a little play around with the character again and found that if you switch to a Soul Mantle chest from the Cloak of Defiance, you get a spike in DPS, a free 4th totem and you only lose about 8% of your mana overall - while life and enegry shield are unaffected. The big advantage though is that you get a 50% increased Totam Life buff from the chest, which solves much of the end-game issues the character currently suffers from, in it's totems being 1-shot by big hitting enemies.

All food for thought, anyway.
Wouldn't the Clear Mind Cobalt Jewel be better than the watcher's eye? In that it's much much cheaper, and gives spell damage and you don't have to reserve any mana?
Using soulmantle is annoying with the curses though. imho, the strongest totem builds now are SR indigon and shimmeron arc totem.

Due to curses with soulmantle, kikazaru is almost mandatory. With soul mantle and kikazaru, I think self flagellation will also become a given.

With this setup (soul mantle, 2x kikazaru, and self flagellation), i think shimmeron arc will be a better match.

SR indigon will be better off using mana gear and stacking cast speed imo.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
Kurs24 wrote:
Wouldn't the Clear Mind Cobalt Jewel be better than the watcher's eye? In that it's much much cheaper, and gives spell damage and you don't have to reserve any mana?

I honestly forgot clear mind even had mana regen on it. The spell damage doesn't matter because you run clarity which reserves at least a small amount. You probably won't get much more regen out of it than a rare jewel.

It's also not even close to a watcher's eye. Wording in PoE means everything and is used carelessly by the devs. Mana Regeneration Rate and Mana Recovery Rate are two separate stats. Mana Recovery Rate applies to ALL mana gained from ANY source. Because they're two separate stats, they're in separate multiplier categories.

If you have 400% increased Mana Regeneration Rate and add 40%, you get 5.4 / 5 = 8% increased mana regen.

If you have 400% increased Mana Regeneration Rate and add 40% Mana Recovery Rate, you get 40% more mana regen.

There is some DR because you can also get Mana Recovery Rate on belt, but it's pretty damn close to a more multiplier.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
Just thought I'd mention I had a little play around with the character again and found that if you switch to a Soul Mantle chest from the Cloak of Defiance, you get a spike in DPS, a free 4th totem and you only lose about 8% of your mana overall - while life and enegry shield are unaffected. The big advantage though is that you get a 50% increased Totam Life buff from the chest, which solves much of the end-game issues the character currently suffers from, in it's totems being 1-shot by big hitting enemies.

All food for thought, anyway.

After a few people recommended it, I tried out Soul Mantle. Didn't go for kikazaru memes because I didn't feel like redoing all my resistances; my curse immunity flask was good enough for maps. Having the 4th totem is a lot more smooth (though having a 5th using the AB tree doesn't really feel like it does anything). It's a ton more damage. The main issue I had was that it's got about 20% less EHP with my gear. The 10% MoM from Soul Mantle pushes my EHP up from about 8.6k to 10.4k.

I'm working on a separate PoB for a Soul Mantle setup which I'll post soon. I think given the choice between all of the version of the build I've played, I'd choose Cloak AB for mapping. Having the 4th totem really is just so much better, but I also really value the tankiness provided by Cloak.

-edit- updated the guide with stuff about soul mantle
Last edited by nasirabtw on Apr 23, 2018, 7:00:17 PM
"
dejuvenate wrote:
Using soulmantle is annoying with the curses though. imho, the strongest totem builds now are SR indigon and shimmeron arc totem.

Due to curses with soulmantle, kikazaru is almost mandatory. With soul mantle and kikazaru, I think self flagellation will also become a given.

You don't even notice the curse application, especially since we already run a warding curse-removal flask. Even without a warding flask, you still wont notice them due to the mechaniocs of this build. Worst case scenario, you get a small minus res curse when your already +25 over the res cap anyway meaning it has no effect, or a slow curse which is also meaningless as we shield charge everywhere regardless, or a less damage curse which is also meaningless as SR totems do all the damage and hit harder than almost everything in the game as it is - and the Indigon still persists in cranking that damage to phenomenal levels despite the curse anyway.

I actually found that since you can run a 4th totem, stuff dies so much more quickly, the small effective health pool loss is easily negated (and then some) by how much safer you are from more stuff being killed before they can even begin to attack you & how much faster you burn down bosses before they can have the opportunity to inflict multiple damaging blows. The only downside to the chest is the curse applications but they are so small and so insignificant to the DPS and Safety boost of having a 4th totem, it doesn't matter.
"
"
Kurs24 wrote:

I honestly forgot clear mind even had mana regen on it. The spell damage doesn't matter because you run clarity which reserves at least a small amount. You probably won't get much more regen out of it than a rare jewel.

It's also not even close to a watcher's eye. Wording in PoE means everything and is used carelessly by the devs. Mana Regeneration Rate and Mana Recovery Rate are two separate stats. Mana Recovery Rate applies to ALL mana gained from ANY source. Because they're two separate stats, they're in separate multiplier categories.

If you have 400% increased Mana Regeneration Rate and add 40%, you get 5.4 / 5 = 8% increased mana regen.

If you have 400% increased Mana Regeneration Rate and add 40% Mana Recovery Rate, you get 40% more mana regen.

There is some DR because you can also get Mana Recovery Rate on belt, but it's pretty damn close to a more multiplier.

Ok thank you for taking the time to explain the wording difference, TIL, that makes a lot of sense :)
So I made a few changes to the build in this path of build and increased the damage to pretty ridiculous amounts, now granted I haven't done the rest and so you'd need to play with the gear a bit and find the right items to max res of course.

But right now im doing arc totems and using a set up with cowards legacy and atziri's reflection and soul mantle.

https://pastebin.com/r9j9R4GA

That's the dps, now I lost about 700 mana/s regen and also some max mana, I do not know how big of a deal that is, but this would allow 5 totems at ~2m dps each if the mana is there to sustain it (im not sure it is).

Would something like this be viable if I got the res up? 2m/totem 5 totems = 10m dps, thats insane.
"
etnies445 wrote:
So I made a few changes to the build in this path of build and increased the damage to pretty ridiculous amounts, now granted I haven't done the rest and so you'd need to play with the gear a bit and find the right items to max res of course.

But right now im doing arc totems and using a set up with cowards legacy and atziri's reflection and soul mantle.

https://pastebin.com/r9j9R4GA

That's the dps, now I lost about 700 mana/s regen and also some max mana, I do not know how big of a deal that is, but this would allow 5 totems at ~2m dps each if the mana is there to sustain it (im not sure it is).

Would something like this be viable if I got the res up? 2m/totem 5 totems = 10m dps, thats insane.

Sorry, been on hiatus playing wow. You have to change the hardcoded value on the indigon in the PoB to match any changes in your mana regen. The values in the PoBs are also outdated now because of mana node changes on the tree since the last time I updated the build. Just do mana regen x 4 / 200 * 60 and put the value as the % spell damage increase on the indigon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info